Changes at Sky Harbor

last time I flew a 737 was few yrs back and it was a 737-400 out of jax to clt and it was clean at that time at least the entire interior

All the 737's should be gone by 2014 as heard in ground school .
That will be hard, but not impossible to do since it means nearly all deliveries will replace 737's (59 of 66) and extending the leases on nearly all the Airbuses. 2011 through 2014 there are 92 scheduled lease expirations vs 66 firm deliveries scheduled.

Jim

Gate Reconfiguration- "U.S Airways will be working with the city of Phoenix to restructure the gate areas at Terminal 4. Because the company is phasing out use of the B737 fleet the 737 only gates will no longer be of use. As such each gate will be repainted and modified to except our Airbus fleet. During the next few months and into the coming year there will be several people on the field surveying and monitoring the ramp area."

I've heard surveyors have been spotted. I am pleased this process has started and the 737s will soon be gone.
CLT is reviewing the same on the odd side of C, the company thinks they may end up losing a gate after the reconfiguration....

I believe the current count of west -200s is zero, and has been for some time. (Did the west even operate -200s?)

Yes we did, but they are long gone. The last 737-200 left sometime in 2004 or 2005. We had a little ceremony when the last one left.