Chautauqua Airlines

gilbertguy

Senior
Aug 29, 2002
[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/21/2002 12:41:44 AM vengador99 wrote:

Chautauqua does work for USAirways Express, American Connection, Delta Connection and America West Express. There is a big rumor going around within the company that US Airways will be dumping their contract with Chautauqua in the near future. It will be bad for us because 66% of Chautauqua's business is from Airways. Has anyone heard any of the same news? Chautauqua plans on releasing an anouncement on Friday. Once again these are just rumors and I'm sure everyone knows how rumors can start. But does anyone have any insite on this? Some of CHQ's bigwigs were in Arlington last week and took Airways there. I guess the meeting did not go well and they never arrived back to CHQ HDQ on Airway like there rez said. Speculation is that the meeting was horrible and the bigwigs decided to take another airline back to Indy because they were back in the office the following morning. CHQ people are wondering. Anyone have any info?
----------------
[/blockquote]
My guess would be DLEX.....big expansion plans!!

Chautauqua does work for USAirways Express, American Connection, Delta Connection and America West Express. There is a big rumor going around within the company that US Airways will be dumping their contract with Chautauqua in the near future. It will be bad for us because 66% of Chautauqua''s business is from Airways. Has anyone heard any of the same news? Chautauqua plans on releasing an anouncement on Friday. Once again these are just rumors and I''m sure everyone knows how rumors can start. But does anyone have any insite on this? Some of CHQ''s bigwigs were in Arlington last week and took Airways there. I guess the meeting did not go well and they never arrived back to CHQ HDQ on Airway like there rez said. Speculation is that the meeting was horrible and the bigwigs decided to take another airline back to Indy because they were back in the office the following morning. CHQ people are wondering. Anyone have any info?

Only thing is Airways is claiming how the SJ's are going to be our Savior. If Dave and Company are putting all their eggs in one basket (SJ's), How can they just eliminate 20 (not sure how many you fly for Airways) ERJ's from the system? Unless, J.O. and Dave have other plans!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/21/2002 12:56:23 AM gilbertguy wrote:

My guess would be DLEX.....big expansion plans!
----------------
[/blockquote]

DL announced today brand new service RIC-MCO and guess who's flying it? Chautauqua. More routes are coming and not just Comair replacement flying.

It would seem odd that US would want to dump one of their RJ operators, but nothing surprises me anymore. Though this probably goes a long way in explaining why CHQ signed a deal last summer with DL....maybe they saw the handwriting on the wall.

I think CHQ should be ok even if they do lose the US contract. DL is always looking for more RJ's and wants even more to fend off US. AA may also want more RJ's at STL as STL gets converted into a CVG style RJ hub.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/21/2002 9:09:46 AM DLFlyer31 wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/21/2002 12:56:23 AM gilbertguy wrote:

My guess would be DLEX.....big expansion plans!
----------------
[/blockquote]

DL announced today brand new service RIC-MCO and guess who's flying it? Chautauqua. More routes are coming and not just Comair replacement flying.

It would seem odd that US would want to dump one of their RJ operators, but nothing surprises me anymore. Though this probably goes a long way in explaining why CHQ signed a deal last summer with DL....maybe they saw the handwriting on the wall.

I think CHQ should be ok even if they do lose the US contract. DL is always looking for more RJ's and wants even more to fend off US. AA may also want more RJ's at STL as STL gets converted into a CVG style RJ hub.

And don't forget the CEO of Midway......our RJ savior....will head the DL lowcost carrier...he saw the writing on the walls too!
14.gif']

Don't forget the announcement that Mesa IE Freedom will get 20 more RJ's, and as of now Mesa has yet to sign on to the J4J extorsion program. So in order for Mesa to get 20 more RJ's they would have to come from another one of the contract carriers. So the rumor of chataqua (sp)losing the U flying makes sense from that stand point.

The rumor is Chautauqua severing ties with US because of unfavorable new rates for RJ operations. Like most vendors we provided relief after 9/11 but have not agreed to reduced rates requested during the bankrupcy proceedings. I believe this rumor has been allowed to circulate to pressure two groups; the CHQ pilots and Airways managment.

Our current TA expired 11/01 and the company is in no hurry to see a new one in place knowing it is going to cost them pay and work rules similar to Comair, AirWis, et all.

We have been closely tied to US Airways since we began flying as Alleghany Express out of Jamestown NY in the early 70's. We moved to IND at the request of US when IND was going to be the big midwest hub to the left coast. Most of the senior guys have homes in US cities. Losing airways would suck big for a lot of these guys. Pressuring the pilot group to sign off on the TA we rejected last year; which the company keeps putting on the table during contract talks. if we pay you less we can afford to keep the airways code share and compete with Mesa and TSA.

It also pressures Siegal to ratify the agreement we have to fly 26 existing shells for US. He knows Mullen would put those jets into the Delta system in days. We already have 30 options in addition to 22 firm orders for Delta through 2003. We are obviously happy to see growth, but most, like myself want to be a part of US future success.

For good or for ilk, this relationship has benefited both companies for close to 30 years and I certainly hope it continues.

I was checking the advance schedule (TCICS Eff 2/15) and found some new flights operated by CRF (Freedom) aircraft. The flights operate out of PIT to BTV/EWR/PWM. The thing that struck me as odd was that they were 6000 flight numbers which currently is not being used by any Express operator. I also found some other flying with the same aircraft type by Mesa Jet. Can I assume (yes I know never assume) that some type of Press Release is on the Horizon? Also checking the CQ aircraft routings, CQ operates 27 ERJ's for Airways, can we just give them up? I think NOT!!!!!