Chicago Press Interviews DP

According to filings with the bankruptcy court and the SEC, HP did indeed "buy" US.

Zactly.

Headquarters moved to Arizona; West management team survives while East management mostly let go; airline adopts West's characteristics, infuriating employees and customers of former East.

In a nutshell, Parker found investors willing to fund West's buyout of East. And that's what happened.

What's the difference anyway, the gang from CCY proved over and over again that they had no interest or knowledge to run an Airline. The important thing is that both companies combined have shown that they can actually make a profit period. I could care less who bought who, as long as a paycheck keeps coming in. Who signs it, or where it is sent from means nothing. Getting rid of the old CCY management team was the best thing that could have happened for everyone...Except them of course..... :up:

What's the difference anyway, the gang from CCY proved over and over again that they had no interest or knowledge to run an Airline. The important thing is that both companies combined have shown that they can actually make a profit period. I could care less who bought who, as long as a paycheck keeps coming in. Who signs it, or where it is sent from means nothing. Getting rid of the old CCY management team was the best thing that could have happened for everyone...Except them of course..... :up:
Totally agree! Dr. Bonehead and his executive stooge Lakefield "...I'd rather be golfing than running an airline at this point in my life" needed to ride off into the sunset LONG before Parker and the AWA team surfaced. US was one PATHETIC excuse of an airline during their tenure and needed to disappear like Hoffa :lol:

Yeah, AWA used all that money they had in the bank to buy US. No, it was DP's clout on Wall Street that got the financing together. Dang, that's not right either. It must have been that powerhouse America West name that got investors interested. No? They dropped the world renowned America West name for US Airways? It appears to B. Lakefield masterminded this merger, and turned the reigns to DP and his cronies to run the joint. Just facts... <_<

Wrong wrong wrong.

It was John Luth of Seabury and Associates who raised the cash along with Lakefield, Seabury was working for US Airways, not America West and this has been posted time after time.

Dougie did not raise the cash, US and Seabury did.

What's the difference anyway, the gang from CCY proved over and over again that they had no interest or knowledge to run an Airline.

The difference is the employees who worked so hard to make America West what it was are being rewarded by being merged with a vastly senior work force and are taking this merger right in the shorts.

The difference is the employees who worked so hard to make America West what it was are being rewarded by being merged with a vastly senior work force and are taking this merger right in the shorts.

PLEASE. The AWA employees are in a much more secure position BECAUSE of this merger-- that's your reward...

Thank You, if it would have been a buyout we wouldnt be merging doh and we are, therefore you can call it what you want b/c my seniority is in tact and the name is
usairways - so you can take the tacky cactus call sign and whatever else you want b/c our senority is in tact and that is the main fight... So keep lying to yourselves or better yet make a CD/DVD proving it and pass it out like previous attempts - lol - you guys kill me - go do something useful like talk to yourself while arming your door (at least we will have something to laugh at then)...

maybe the merger has gone better than expected, but I don't know that anybody has claimed that the profit turn around for LCC has anything to do with merger effects. I mean to say, I'd suspect that merger costs still out-weigh integration savings or revenue enhancements from merging. Whatever improvement in profitability that LCC has, I think, is more likely to do with improved RASM due to industry effects and lowered capacity (much in LCC East itself) and lower unit costs at East.

maybe the merger has gone better than expected, but I don't know that anybody has claimed that the profit turn around for LCC has anything to do with merger effects. I mean to say, I'd suspect that merger costs still out-weigh integration savings or revenue enhancements from merging.

What has actually been merged? Some administration offices from CCY to Tempe? Thats about it as far as I can tell. A couple flights added to better utilize SOME planes that were sitting around all night. Some handling charges dropped (West now handled by East in some cities). Other than that, 2 of everything as far as I can see with very limited ways to actually work as one on many issues in everyday ops.

EXACTLY! It does not matter though, what matters is we come together and get the contract we all deserve since we are now profitable!

Thank You, if it would have been a buyout we wouldnt be merging doh and we are, therefore you can call it what you want b/c my seniority is in tact and the name is
usairways - so you can take the tacky cactus call sign and whatever else you want b/c our senority is in tact and that is the main fight... So keep lying to yourselves or better yet make a CD/DVD proving it and pass it out like previous attempts - lol - you guys kill me - go do something useful like talk to yourself while arming your door (at least we will have something to laugh at then)...
YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE SOO MEAN! I AM AN EAST F/A, AND I THINK YOU SOUND BITTER! I CAN'T WAIT TO FLY WITH PEOPLE MORE MY AGE WITH FRESHER ATTITUDES! WHO CARES HOW THEY ARM DOORS! I BET YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO STILL AREN'T OVER THE PIEDMONT AND/OR PSA MERGER! MOST EAST JR. F/A'S ARE EXCITED ABOUT THE MERGER. BY THE WAY, YOU DON'T HAVE TO KEEP GOING ON ABOUT YOUR SENIORITY, WE KNOW YOU ARE SENIOR, YOU BOTH LOOK AND ACT IT! STOP STRESSING, IT WILL ONLY MAKE YOU EVEN OLDER LOOKING!