Article on FFOCUS

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
Air Mergers Sound Good ... But Reality Can Get Ugly
By Christopher Snowbeck, Pioneer Press, St. Paul, Minn.

Feb. 16--Big airline mergers can cause big headaches for consumers -- just ask the "cockroaches."

That's the name adopted by a group of frequent fliers at US Airways to reflect how lowly they believe they've been treated by the airline -- especially since it merged in 2005 with Phoenix-based America West.

A merger of the airlines' separate Web sites in 2006 was turbulent, with frequent fliers struggling for weeks to access their accounts and reservations, said Jim Johnston, a West Virginia resident who helped create the group in 2002.

But those snafus were trifling compared with problems last March when US Airways switched to a single reservation system, Johnston said.

Full Article

From the article:

(US spokesperson) Rader challenged Pushkin's assertion that there's a link at US Airways between customer-service issues and labor problems. And she said the carrier is attentive to business-traveler needs. "Business travelers are the bread and butter of any legacy carrier's business," she said.

The bottom line, Rader said, is that customer-service issues probably are inevitable in any merger, as they are during bad weather. But to jump from that observation to the conclusion that mergers are a bad idea is shortsighted, she said.

"There are a lot of people working today who wouldn't be working if these airlines hadn't merged," Rader said. "Consumers are also citizens and taxpayers, and what consumers get out of a more stable airline industry is service to communities that they might not otherwise have."

And the Tempe disconnect with reality is in full force.

Most of the problems with the reservation system were resolved by the end of the summer, Rader said.

Hey Andrea, Shift B option 1 QIKFIX Responses. Now I ask you to PLEASE define MOST. Have you actually been to a ticket counter recently? Do you really know what is STILL GOING ON OUT HERE IN THE REAL WORLD? I'd like to (AGAIN) personally invite anyone from TEMPE (Andrea, Morgan, Doug, Scott, etc) to come and work with us for an entire week and THEN tell me that MOST of the problems have already been resolved. More BS. (I know its your job and you have to spout the corporate BS, I just hope you dont actually believe it.)

"There are a lot of people working today who wouldn't be working if these airlines hadn't merged," Rader said. "Consumers are also citizens and taxpayers, and what consumers get out of a more stable airline industry is service to communities that they might not otherwise have."

Tell that to the PIT employees that lost their jobs, and the customers who used to fly the EAS routes and other discontinued destinations from the PIT drawdown.

Honestly, Andrea Rader must be one of the greatest propagandists to ever wear the mantle of "Company Spokesperson". She doesn't necessarily have to believe what she's saying, she just has to say it and then go home by 5:00pm. I bet she gets a nice paycheck every two weeks.

Feb. 16--Big airline mergers can cause big headaches for consumers -- just ask the "cockroaches."

That's the name adopted by a group of frequent fliers at US Airways to reflect how lowly they believe they've been treated by the airline -- especially since it merged in 2005 with Phoenix-based America West.

A merger of the airlines' separate Web sites in 2006 was turbulent, with frequent fliers struggling for weeks to access their accounts and reservations, said Jim Johnston, a West Virginia resident who helped create the group in 2002.

But those snafus were trifling compared with problems last March when US Airways switched to a single reservation system, Johnston said.

Full Article
Guess What !Participar! You! Need! to recreate Your working enviornment! Enjoy the Ride!

Most of the problems with the reservation system were resolved by the end of the summer, Rader said.

Hey Andrea, Shift B option 1 QIKFIX Responses. Now I ask you to PLEASE define MOST. Have you actually been to a ticket counter recently? Do you really know what is STILL GOING ON OUT HERE IN THE REAL WORLD? I'd like to (AGAIN) personally invite anyone from TEMPE (Andrea, Morgan, Doug, Scott, etc) to come and work with us for an entire week and THEN tell me that MOST of the problems have already been resolved. More BS. (I know its your job and you have to spout the corporate BS, I just hope you dont actually believe it.)
total agreement me and 10,000 customer service employees mainly on east coast who go on this QIKFIX and ask WHY WHY WHY and you keep getting the WE ARE WORKING ON IT.. its been a year now come March that we merged SABRE with a computer system for IDIOTS... we are working on it we are working on it .. you ask them the same questions every two months and they come back and say ohh we have submitted that to the folks who work on that... with a major computer system there is no QIKFIX because the system is user friendly.. the latest PHX FIREBALL says . oh if your cash out is still not addressing the cash you took let us know so we can try to fix it... FIX IT>> ITS CALLED CASH WHAT DID HP DO BEFORE THE MERGER WHEN IT CAME TO CASH>>>>. TOTALLY EMBARASSING. when has anyone worked on a airline computer system where you can get the total and accurate schedule of WN but you have to tell the programmers of QIKFIX.. huh can you imput this and imput that .. and they say .. ok we will submit that to the 18 year olds in our IT department to update that.. even the folks at CO who have the version of Shares tell us at US .. what were they thinking.

total agreement me and 10,000 customer service employees mainly on east coast who go on this QIKFIX and ask WHY WHY WHY and you keep getting the WE ARE WORKING ON IT.. its been a year now come March that we merged SABRE with a computer system for IDIOTS... we are working on it we are working on it .. you ask them the same questions every two months and they come back and say ohh we have submitted that to the folks who work on that... with a major computer system there is no QIKFIX because the system is user friendly.. the latest PHX FIREBALL says . oh if your cash out is still not addressing the cash you took let us know so we can try to fix it... FIX IT>> ITS CALLED CASH WHAT DID HP DO BEFORE THE MERGER WHEN IT CAME TO CASH>>>>. TOTALLY EMBARASSING. when has anyone worked on a airline computer system where you can get the total and accurate schedule of WN but you have to tell the programmers of QIKFIX.. huh can you imput this and imput that .. and they say .. ok we will submit that to the 18 year olds in our IT department to update that.. even the folks at CO who have the version of Shares tell us at US .. what were they thinking.
correction.. CO has another version of Shares which is very similar to System One of CO and EA. it meant key strokes i personally think that it was more expensive and they did not feel for 8.52 per hour alot of folks out there nowadays would not be able to comprehend thinking and better to just do POP UPS.... even when the POP UPS still dont work.

Full Article

The Cockroaches Rock!!!

My favorite quotes! :lol:

"The people of US Airways are dedicated to meeting our customers' needs," Doug Parker, the company's chief executive officer, said at the time. "We did not do that in the first quarter of 2007."

Uh, dude--still not meeting our needs!

Rader challenged Pushkin's assertion that there's a link at US Airways between customer-service issues and labor problems. And she said the carrier is attentive to business-traveler needs. "Business travelers are the bread and butter of any legacy carrier's business," she said.

That is why we now earn the actual miles flown for routes under 500 miles, because we are that important!

BTW, legacy carrier or LCC? Which is it going to be? It sure is not "Airline of Choice." :down:

Obviously our LCC airline is not the "Airline of Choice" if our preferred members have to go through all these motions. Did we find out about the situation with the 500 miles?

Acturally, not to be argumentative, but they really are working on the system problems, it is just that there are alot of them.