Circumstance / Self-Evaluation

AOG-N-IT

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
As plain as the nose on your face , We have all been delt set-backs in one form or another since Sept. 11 2001. We have all taken pay-cuts...decrease of benefits ...and yes the loss of much valued vacation time.
Many have been furloughed or out right severed from our ranks during this same time period.
With much of the known out of the way....I would like to see a census of circumstance beyond the known.
(1) Have you been up-rooted from your duty city , prior to 9-11-01 ?
(2) Have you been down-graded from one capacity to another since 9-11-01?
(3) Have you had to sell a home, car or other high dollar items to adjust to the new pay-scales ?
(4) Are you still actively employed by USAirways?
(5) Have you been able to curb your anger/disgust for the circumstance....and keep plugging away like you did , prior to the concessions and etc. took affect ?
(6) Are you....assuming you were prior , proud to still be working for USAirways?
Feel free to expand on any issues....or add to the list.
Be honest with us....and be honest with yourself!!!!

[blockquote]
----------------

Yes.....CLT to PIT 12-15-02

No.

(3) Have you had to sell a home, car or other high dollar items to adjust to the new pay-scales ?

No.....Cost of living has increased due to my transiant circumstance

Yes.

(5) Have you been able to curb your anger/disgust for the circumstance....and keep plugging away like you did , prior to the concessions and etc. took affect?

I have tried very hard to remain up-beat and positive....I have also noticed a drastic decrease in my stress levels since changes in my career field (lateral move within said classification area)

(6) Are you....assuming you were prior, proud to still be working for USAirways?

Yes I am....only hope to have reasons to remain so

I'd add one more question:

(7) Have you put off buying a home, car or other high dollar items to adjust to the new pay-scales?

Yes, definitely. The economic recovery won't get much of a boost from us. Not only are we not buying, there's not much left over to save, either.

I agree , I have held off on number of costly projects....and I have been very conservative since the merger failed. I guess I saw the writing on the wall...without 9-11-01 adding to our troubles.
----------------
[/blockquote]

On 2/7/2003 7:12:28 PM AOG-N-IT wrote:

No.

No.

No.

Yes. (Husband is)

(5) Have you been able to curb your anger/disgust for the circumstance....and keep plugging away like you did , prior to the concessions and etc. took affect?

Seems to... he comes home and speaks with pride about the job he's done and the pax he's helped.

(6) Are you....assuming you were prior, proud to still be working for USAirways?

Seems to.

I'd add one more question:

(7) Have you put off buying a home, car or other high dollar items to adjust to the new pay-scales?

Yes, definitely. The economic recovery won't get much of a boost from us. Not only are we not buying, there's not much left over to save, either.

----------------

NO...............

FURLOUGHED............

NO...........but refinanced mortgage to 4.5 pct lowering pymnt by 120 a month, 5K cash back to invest with and/or payoff cred cards!!

NO........

(5) Have you been able to curb your anger/disgust for the circumstance....and keep plugging away like you did , prior to the concessions and etc. took affect ?

ANGER YES.......DISGUST NO...........

(6) Are you....assuming you were prior , proud to still be working for USAirways?

SEVERED N HAPPY !!!!!!

1. No, was uprooted prior to 9/1l/01--RNO to IND
2. Retired after 9/11/01
3. Refinanced home and probably filing chapter 7 next week
4. Retired getting $47 per month
5. NA
6. I am still proud of US and the work I did with US. I try and sell US every chance I get. The people still there are wonderful and my sympathies go out to them along with my prayers

Its not my nature to be a slacker so I still do my job, and do it as if my own family will be flying on that acft. I will still work through lunch and breaks if I know passengers are waiting at the gate for the acft. There still are some great fellow employees here at U. I hope USAirways makes it for the people who want to stay. No Im not proud of USAirways Corporate Culture! Senior management here doesnt give a crap about you or your family, to them your just a number. Any management that awards bonuses while they layoff fellow employees, and trash your family benefits and pay will never be employee friendly. Talk is cheap, actions tell the tale! Its just a paycheck for a lot of people now ! Good luck to all!

No. We were displaced in 1997 from Los Angeles to PIT. Hanging on in PIT as it gets smaller everyday.

Yes. From a Reserve Captain 737 to Blockholder F/O on the 757 now as of 1/1/03 to Reserve F/0 on the 757. And with a 1986 hire date it gets closer to the bottom every month.

No. But I went back to work part-time last January. We finished paying off the car and kept paying down the second mortgage (taken out when times were good to build a deck and wouldn't you know as they finished the deck the twin towers were hit.)

Yes (my husband)

Yes. However, Not wanting to do the company any favors. Following the contract to the letter of the law.

Yes. However, not proud of past managements inability to run this company. That is an embarresment.

No we haven't had to sell our home as we bought the home on a reserve F/O income. And we have never used credit cards to acquire debt. We have saved every dime since 9/11/01 to build a savings reserve and have put off any major purchases (like a new washing machine to replace the slowing dying one that is 18 years old) or new carpet in our main area of the house that is 15 years old. These items still function - but if times were good they would be replaced. We are watching expenses very closely. No new anything. Unless it is a need. No wants.

And yes a job with no pension is better than no job and no pension (chapter 7). But the whole thing is sad... But no one ever said life was fair. So we just have to keep smiling.

I make a wish and a prayer everyday for all of the employees at USAirways - that we get through this Bankruptcy thing and come out the other side for better times. Expecting the worse, hoping for the best, and perhaps it will play out some where in the middle.

1. No to being uprooted, but will be if I return.
2. No on being down graded
3. No, but had to adjust to everyday spending habits
4. Voluntary Furlough
5. Never had anger/disgust.

Emotional trauma/stress watching fellow colleagues lose their jobs, their pay raises, their medical benefits, their homes, and listen to them explain to their children why they cannot buy them a pair of shoes, or socks and/or clothing for school. Some explaining to their children they could not go to a high school football game because they could not spend $5.00 for a ticket because they now need to save for gas, electric, food, and utility expenses so these children have a home and medical insurance.

Colleagues going to work everyday wondering when their pink slip was arriving. The pressure of upper management continuesly saying more cuts are coming, more concessions are needed.

Watching Seigel and his crew take minimal pay cuts and remain standing with excellent medical benefits while he continues to claims he has conformed with all employees standards. The indenture he procrastinates too has no authenticity to those making $7.00 to $50.00 per hour. Based on a 2080-hour work year at $600,000, this equals $288.46 per hour; dropping from $750,000 or $360.58 per hour has no major impact what so ever of understanding what these working people are enduring.

6. Will always stand tall and say I worked with the best group of people in the world. A majority who always wanted that customer back and proud to say "I am a USAirways employee".

An excellently selected group of people who were proud to say, come fly with us, a carrier who has excellent management and excellent working employees who will treat you like family.

3.gif']

[blockquote]
----------------

As plain as the nose on your face , We have all been delt set-backs in one form or another since Sept. 11 2001. We have all taken pay-cuts...decrease of benefits ...and yes the loss of much valued vacation time.

Many have been furloughed or out right severed from our ranks during this same time period.

With much of the known out of the way....I would like to see a census of circumstance beyond the known.

Be honest with us....and be honest with yourself!!!!

----------------
[/blockquote]
(1) No
(2) Yes
(3) No
(4) Yes
(5) Yes
(6) No
(7) do you believe U will survive ?
(7a) yes
(8) will you be included in U's survival ?
(8a) No

9.gif']

(1) NO
(2) NO
(3)NO NOT YET...BUT CLOSE...SCHOOL TAX INCREASES MADE MY MORTGAGE GO UP $156 AND THE GAS COMPANY IS SENDING OUT A TERMINATION NOTICE ON THE 25th BECAUSE I CANNOT MAKE THE BUDGET PAYMENTS. I APPLIED FOR LIHEAP. I AM SINGLE WITH NO OTHER INCOME.
(4)YES
(5)I DO NOT LET MY DISGUST SHOW. BUT I DO FEEL OUTRAGED AT THE UPPER MANAGEMENT OF THIS COMPANY. I STILL DO MY JOB AS I WOULD PRIOR TO ALL THE CONCESSIONS. I WORK HARD AND FIGURE IF I SLACK OFF THAT JUST PUTS MORE WORK ON MY CO-WORKERS.
(6) I AM PROUD TO BE DOING WHAT I DO AND AM PROUD OF ALL OF MY CO-WORKERS BUT I CANNOT BE PROUD OF THE UPPER MANAGEMENT DUE TO THE FACT THAT THEY ROB FROM ALL THE LABOR GROUPS TO MAKE THEMSELVES LOOK GOOD. COME ON, ANYONE CAN TURN THE AIRLINE AROUND WITH WHAT THECONCESSIONS THEY GOT FROM THE LABOR GROUPS....(AND FOR A LOT CHEAPER TOO!)