CLT -vs- PIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
326 Fortune 500 Companies Represented in Charlotte

Eight of the 500 companies are headquartered in Mecklenburg County. This ranks Charlotte 5th nationally in number of Fortune 500 companies headquartered within the county. These headquarters represent more than $231.6 billion in revenue for 2008. Lowe’s, which is headquartered in nearby Mooresville, increases the Charlotte area headquarters’ revenue to $279.9 billion. More importantly, 325 of the Fortune 500 companies have made a commitment to the city by placing one or more of their facilities within the county. This report lists a key representative of each of the Fortune companies that have a facility here.

Charlotte ranks 7th in the US, PIT is not in the top 10

326 Fortune 500 Companies Represented in Charlotte....Charlotte ranks 7th in the US, PIT is not in the top 10

It's nice that you can post an 2 year old report by the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce that obviously plays with the numbers to make them look larger than the reality.

Did you happen to see this 2009 ranking from CNN that put PIT and CLT, along with PHL, at 6 fortune 500 companies headquartered each city? I can assure you that PIT and PHL also are "represented" by many other fortune 500 companies. Does the mere fact that there's a McDonalds in a city mean that they are "represented" by a fortune 500 company?

Don't let the facts get in the way....

Eastern was in terminal C.
TWA was in B then moved over to E.
Midway was C
. AA was in E then move to A.
Altair had a few gates Not sure B or C.
Pan Am was E.
United was alway D
Delta was E till last year.
International Flights were over on the other side of Runway 35/17
EA had a mini hub at PHL prior to US. So did Midway. Altair also.
Continental was always Terminal D.
Thanks for that walk down memory lane. Didn't CO have their check in counter at the top of the C concourse, even though people had to go down to D to fly? And I do remember that international building over on the other side of the field. What a dump.

Thanks for that walk down memory lane. Didn't CO have their check in counter at the top of the C concourse, even though people had to go down to D to fly? And I do remember that international building over on the other side of the field. What a dump.
Where the Marketplace is that is where Eastern and Continental Check-ins were and Midway too if I remember!

My uncle and I went down there when I was about 10 yrs. old, and we took a bus to the International Terminal. When we were getting ready, an airport police took us over to the main terminal via a tour of the runways and taxiways. He did a check of debris for an excuse for our tour. Now a days, don't even ask a Philly Cop anything.

Where the Marketplace is that is where Eastern and Continental Check-ins were and Midway too if I remember!
I remember the connector between B and C long before the Marketplace was built. It was a dingy, dark hallway. There was an arcade too, between B and C right about where the Gap is now. And across from that, maybe about midway between concourses, was the grossest dump of an eatery. One night on a very long weather delay (PHL-PIT), we were given $8 vouchers to go get dinner. The cheesesteak I got was $9.75 (oh, the days of overpriced bad airport food!).

Pan Am also had a counter in that area. I remember working the US Int'l ticket counter that was eventually there, before the B/C ticket counters and I found some of the old PanAm bag tags to PRG and OSL that fell behind the drawers. I still have them in the boxes of memorabilia.

Also before the build-up of PHL, before EA/ML went away and CO had their gates in C con, now the present day gates C21, C23, and C25. Over in B con, TW had gates B1, B3, B5, B7, B9, B11, B13, and maybe B15 (don't remember that). MX also had their departure out of one of the TW B gates, while their flights arrived at the overseas terminal. The gates area off of B16 was where the AL commuter flights all parked.

326 Fortune 500 Companies Represented in Charlotte

Eight of the 500 companies are headquartered in Mecklenburg County. This ranks Charlotte 5th nationally in number of Fortune 500 companies headquartered within the county. These headquarters represent more than $231.6 billion in revenue for 2008. Lowe’s, which is headquartered in nearby Mooresville, increases the Charlotte area headquarters’ revenue to $279.9 billion. More importantly, 325 of the Fortune 500 companies have made a commitment to the city by placing one or more of their facilities within the county. This report lists a key representative of each of the Fortune companies that have a facility here.

Charlotte ranks 7th in the US, PIT is not in the top 10

Your facts are wrong. The data directly from fortune puts both CLT and PIT with 6. Nice thing about PIT is they have schools and well regarded universities that discuss and teach source checking and attribution.

Repeating the CLT propaganda machine is excellent. Do they mention the jobs that were lost in the recent banking consolidation, for instance?

Or, "represented Fortune companies." That's rich. Over here in Buncombe county, over 100 Fortune 1000 companies are "represented," but I don't see a focus city at AVL, much less a mainline flight. Why?

I'll say it again--if the fare premium goes, the only hub in CLT is going to involve nascar activities.

The latest US Airways mag has a cover story on must see places for this year. Charlotte made the list. Because they have a 'green' hotel opening.

What visionaries. I bet this is the only 'green' building east of the Mississippi.

Hope it is conveniently located by a Gentlemen's club and a Krispy Kreme.

Your facts are wrong....
Repeating the CLT propaganda machine is excellent. Do they mention the jobs that were lost in the recent banking consolidation, for instance?
The source he was clearly using was what CLT Chamber of Commerce used in reference to a 2007 Fortune story - well before the banking crisis that hit that town last year.

The source he was clearly using was what CLT Chamber of Commerce used in reference to a 2007 Fortune story - well before the banking crisis that hit that town last year.

That reduces the folly of the gaffe, how?

The level of google-fu required to find the current figures is, on a 1 to 10 scale, about a 2.

This debate of CLT vs. PIT is silly. It's pretty simple that if WN gets gates in CLT (if they do they will get them I'm sure) they will be a HUGE thorn in US's side. You've got to be KIDDING if you think they won't as they eat away at US's ability to charge crazy fares on many routes. It most certainly will hurt them more than in PHL. There are over 5million people to play with up there. Can CLT and the surrounding ummmm few states say the same? :lol: Me's says no. :rolleyes:

Lets see did WN run US out of RIC, RDU, PVD, or PHL?

Me thinks not!

Lets see did WN run US out of RIC, RDU, PVD, or PHL?

Me thinks not!
Well besides RIC :lol: would you say that WN holds it's own against US or that US holds it's own against WN? Hmmmm I don't think WN gives a flying fat rats rear about US. :lol: :rolleyes: WN pulls into CLT they most definately will be a thorn in managements side. You can take THAT to one of the CLT based banks. :lol:

So... WN is going to come to Charlotte and add a lot of flight?

Wow. so not only does US Airways choose Charlotte over pit, but WN chooses to build up CLT over PIT.

:up: Go Charlotte.

I expect to see WN have similar operations to what Minneapolis have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back