CLT -vs- PIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest US Airways mag has a cover story on must see places for this year. Charlotte made the list. Because they have a 'green' hotel opening.

What visionaries. I bet this is the only 'green' building east of the Mississippi.

Hope it is conveniently located by a Gentlemen's club and a Krispy Kreme.

Actually, that "green" building is located right by the basketball arena, the epicenter (which has a movie theatre, bowling ally, clubs, bars, clothing store, etc.), it's right beside the Light Rail and Transit Hub, near the "Discovery Place," and thats just located within a block or 2...

Nascar Hall of Fame is opening up, 3 other new museums opened up in uptown, etc. So, it's much more than a green office tower and a green hotel tower...

Now to mention, I'm pretty sure charlotte has another green tower that is prominent (the 2nd tallest building thats blue and has a handle;

4107244493_162c8e21a6_b.jpg

And to think, all WN needs to do to eliminate a rival (who they have previously announced they would kill) is to open a couple of destinations from CLT....so simple...for such a brilliantly run company, one has to wonder why they have avoided executing such a simple plan...

This thread is irrelevant. Once again, PIT is DEAD.
CLT is a great place to live AND we STILL have a hub, we won! There is no argument, get over it! Bye bye Allegheny, RIP (Remain In Pittsburgh).
:up:

We gawt an aeroport. Priddy soon a mooseum for cars goin' fast. Never bin to a mooseum afore. An' you ken ketcha train into the big city. Ain' no Yankee burg gots trains and mooseums.

"Charlotte, We've seen so little, we think we've seen it all"

This thread is irrelevant. Once again, PIT is DEAD.
CLT is a great place to live AND we STILL have a hub, we won! There is no argument, get over it! Bye bye Allegheny, RIP (Remain In Pittsburgh).
:up:

"We won?" Typical southern gibberish (before you get wrapped around the axel, I habitate in North Carolina).

I can remember officials from NC yelling about "winning" when they undercut labor rates in rust belt areas, and thus were pulling manufacturing jobs. Right up until the point when the same jobs went to Alabama (cheaper) and then China (even cheaper).

700 has crowed above about 1 corporate headquarters coming to CLT, bringing 700 jobs. That's anywhere between 1/2 and 1/3 the jobs already lost from the banking collapse, and assumes that Wells won't further decimate the former Wachovia ops in Charlotte. Myopically stupid.

Jerry Orr bending over to US displays the same type of myopic stupidity.

If you really think you "won," ride up to RDU sometime. Faster growth, more diversified economically, lower taxes, lower crime. But they don't have an airline hub, and yet all the consolidated yankees moving to Cary don't really seemed to be bothered by it. And the average airfare is significantly cheaper than what CLT pays.

BTW--the hub in CLT will only last as long as it's residents are forced to have their eyeballs gouged out to support the revenue premium. After that, it's goodbye, ya'll.

As an aside, I've lived in WestPA and WestNC, run operations in those places plus Raleigh and Spartanburg. If CLT faced a jobs exodus like what happened to Western PA in the 1970s and 1980s, it would collapse. The south (particularly the elected idiots and those who do "economic development") have learned nothing from what happened to the rust belt, absent convincing idiots that a warmer climate makes lower wages okay, unions bad, and tax breaks to individual corporations smart. And this thread proves--a sucker is indeed born every minute.

"We won." See the world and try wrapping that in a bit of context.

We gawt an aeroport. Priddy soon a mooseum for cars goin' fast. Never bin to a mooseum afore. An' you ken ketcha train into the big city. Ain' no Yankee burg gots trains and mooseums.

"Charlotte, We've seen so little, we think we've seen it all"
Apparently "yinz"? had an "aeroport" where at one time you could ask the question -

"jeechyet" when you were hungry or ask directions to "dentown".

Also you could eat at a place called "Eat and Park". I always wondered which order they wanted you to do that in.

And don't forget all the 80s hair - in the 21st century. You can pick them out across the room.

As far as "mooseums" are concerned, I'm sure the Warhol "mooseum" is a big hit with the locals.

RDU had a hub, once for AA and once for ML, both failed.

By the way CLT is the 3rd largest financial center in the world, and is growing, can you say that about your beloved PIT?

And the BOA is building a second skyscraper and the wells cuts were not as deep as expected and almost 2,000 jobs were announced within the past two weeks of coming to CLT, can you say the same about PIT?

How are those steel mills doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back