CLT

Harry Callahan

Veteran
Sep 16, 2002
Your rearview mirror
Visit site
It was quite an interesting night to say the least. My work area was VERY short staffed. Results many bags missed that should not have been, tempers short. Was told rest of the ramp very short staffed also. When are they going to wake up & get us the help we need. Then just to show you how bad they treat us, try to call a problem to a managers attention he makes some remark & just walks away. I just lost whatever respect I ever had for him & it wasn't much to start with.
Tempe CLT NEEDS HELP &WE NEED IT YESTERDAY! the customers are paying & our working conditions well I'm not going to say anymore.
Anyway I feel better now. I don't drink but maybe I sould have "several beers" !

P.S. Was off Sat night but coworkers told me it was even worse with personnel shortage & more bags missed than you want to think of. And again tonight long lines at baggage service!

It was quite an interesting night to say the least. My work area was VERY short staffed. Results many bags missed that should not have been, tempers short. Was told rest of the ramp very short staffed also. When are they going to wake up & get us the help we need. Then just to show you how bad they treat us, try to call a problem to a managers attention he makes some remark & just walks away. I just lost whatever respect I ever had for him & it wasn't much to start with.
Tempe CLT NEEDS HELP &WE NEED IT YESTERDAY! the customers are paying & our working conditions well I'm not going to say anymore.
Anyway I feel better now. I don't drink but maybe I sould have "several beers" !

P.S. Was off Sat night but coworkers told me it was even worse with personnel shortage & more bags missed than you want to think of. And again tonight long lines at baggage service!

Oh no. This doesn't sound too good. I hope CLT doesn't become the next PHL. Well at least, I don't think it should.

Hey, Coach!

I wanna come down there and work with you on a Sunday. I'm betting it would be a real eye-opener to see what's going on. PM me and let's see what we can come up with.

I'll buy at the bar after work. We'll call a taxi when we leave.

Listen up everyone.........

This management is about as lame as you can get.....

So what everyone should really be doing is what management really wants.......That is to do your job to the best of your ability with the manpower and tools they give you...no more, no less period...............If bags miss....Flts. go out late....that's obviously the way the company wants it.....

So let's see, say you have a flt. that's loaded to the gills and you need 4 noseloaders and 3 bagrunners and they only give you 2 nl and 1 br then it's up to you to work accordingly.....and here inlies the problem...

This Fleet group has been beat down so long that they have everyone running around like idiots doing the work of 2 and 3 people...........

Well it's time to STOP, do your job and only your job......Quit even trying to make it work and do your flts. with the tools the company gives you and no more....

Take a look, we have been certified as 1 group since 05/11/06 and almost 10 months later the company continues to treat us a 2nd class citizens at the bargaining table......That message should be real clear to every person working the ramp, whether in a hub or a small station.....

If they had their way they would eliminate everyone of us and replace us.........

So wake up quit complaining about how hard it is to do your job right and when things go down the tubes, just smile, work safe and let management keep explaining why this or that didn't work out........

Remember you get paid by the hour not per bag or per flight....

Guess that was the trade off for our Class I cities making more money then the Class II. My little Class II is well Staffed. Enjoy YOUR EXTRA money.