CLT Sat. night

towerclt

Jan 8, 2006
Another Sat. night in CLT & it's happening all over again.
I have been reading a while but first post. Thanks to over scheduling these island flights into CLT, then lack of staff bags missing by the hundreds. Theses flights are arriving into CLT loaded with bags & they are being received near or after departure time. Flights starting to leave around 2115(last bank). Part timers get off 2130. Even when we hold the flights the ramp & bagroom do not have the staff to make the bags. Remember part timers get off 2130. Should not happen!
From up here, looks like the same management to me & they want us to have good attitudes. It looks to me like they could care less about the customers
By the way BOS,LGA,IAD BWI 7 who ever how many claims did you take last night ?
WAKE UP WHO EVER IS IN CHARGE OF THIS CRAP!

I have been reading a while but first post. Thanks to over scheduling these island flights into CLT, then lack of staff bags missing by the hundreds. Theses flights are arriving into CLT loaded with bags & they are being received near or after departure time. Flights starting to leave around 2115(last bank). Part timers get off 2130. Even when we hold the flights the ramp & bagroom do not have the staff to make the bags. Remember part timers get off 2130. Should not happen!
From up here, looks like the same management to me & they want us to have good attitudes. It looks to me like they could care less about the customers
Why not tell someone who can actually do something about it???

Why not tell someone who can actually do something about it???

Sometimes you need to work more than 1 angle to get things accomplished. :ph34r: Or you tell the person who you think can do something about it, only to find out that they have been hiding the truth from the "real" person who can do something about it because it makes them look bad. :shock:

I believe "they" (corporate) are trying to hire new people because there are classes starting in Charlotte tomorrow.

Same thing has been going on in PHX for last several years. LONG before anyone ever knew what an AL Crellin was. Part-timers leave at x-hour and the last remaining are left running around with their pants down. The more we think we are different, the more we realize we are the same. :wub:

I believe "they" (corporate) are trying to hire new people because there are classes starting in Charlotte tomorrow.
"trying" trying and doing is two deferent things and keeping new people is hard with the pay benefits and shift work

The ones they hire now that are worth any thing do not stay. The rest I will never know how they pass probation.....
As for the original post, it sounded to good. You could not even see the bag belt for all of the bags that missed off the int'l flights.

My sources tell me that there was an issue with a broken bag belt in CLT that caused a challenging situation to deteriorate into a cluster :censored: . Saturdays have always been a challenge in CLT due to the high volume of international departures in the morning and arrivals in the evening. What compounds the problem are the paper pushers creating a plan on paper that is difficult to execute in "the real world". There is never room in the paper plan for when things go bad. 1-2 late arriving airplanes can throw a monkey wrench in to the whole operation.

I have to say, our folks in CLT do an outstanding job with these challenges every weekend. From the Tower Coordinators juggling gates to Maintenance repositioning airplanes. From Customer Serivce assisting Customers with connections thru Customes/Immigration to the Ramps expeditious movement of bags and cargo. You folks in CLT due an unbelievable job with the challenges that you face every week.

QUOTE(UWCactus @ Jan 6 2006, 05:43 PM)

Let me just say this much...while you will see some reduction in some items, you may see some upgrades of different items, but you have to allow time to work this out.

Latest posts