CLUES INDICATIVE TO AN UPCOMING MERGER

Status
Not open for further replies.
You on the East can have UA. If CO or NW takes over the West, I am sure it means Dougie will head as CEO. And for once he can get some rest???!! LOL. :lol: :lol:

No, no, thats fine, you can keep Doug. Just be sure to keep us updated on his reception at town hall meetings in Detroit and details of his business casual configured 747s. Bet they are dying for skorts up there in Minnesota, dontcha know...

No, no, thats fine, you can keep Doug. Just be sure to keep us updated on his reception at town hall meetings in Detroit and details of his business casual configured 747s. Bet they are dying for skorts up there in Minnesota, dontcha know...
Better yet, all of US Airways will be Northwest! That will be one huge airline!! :up: I don't think Doug is doing his best, but it has only been two years, hopefully with the new mgmt put in place things will turn around at the operation.

Like so many of you, I DO believe..Something "is coming, and coming soon" !!

As for AA and the Shuttle, consider the following,
With the "lone exception" of some kind of NW deal(which will NEVER happen), AA will definitely "sit on the side lines" while everything goes down !

And their 'price" for SILENCE, WILL be the Shuttle(a price PARKER would be only too happy to pay)

With a deal that I suspect will be LARGE in size, it would'nt take much to make many "Anti-trust" issues with the FEDS.(And NO one can make MORE noise than AA, since AA and WN would be the only ones not involved/left out)(Alaska/Frontier/Air Tran are in their own respective niche's)

AA would have very little need for the shuttle since they already operate a pseudo shuttle with Eagle between dca-lga-bos.

WRONG...UA PILOTS ARE ALPA = date-of-hire
UA F/A'S ARE AFA = date-of-hire

I believe the WEST pilots would have to worry since they are not ALPA, if they were included in the UA merger it may be a Staple anyway. WEST f/a's would benefit greatly. IMHO

How exactly would West f/a's beneifit. UA is AFA and they are senior to US. They would fall further, comparatively. There is no way UA f/a or AFA would ever change DOH.

I predict this is all BS and November will be here with the same silence and incompetence.

If there is any merger, it will probably be Alaska or one of the Hawaiian airlines, IMO.

You on the East can have UA. If CO or NW takes over the West, I am sure it means Dougie will head as CEO. And for once he can get some rest???!! LOL. :lol: :lol:
Poor Dougie! The only UNREST and chaos HE endures has been brought on by HIMSELF and one of the most INCOMPETENT Collection of Clowns assembled under The BIG Top. Whether some of you want to admit it or not, Tempe has made Countless mistakes, pissed off many customers and embarassed most of the employees. Yea, I'll give him arest.........when and "IF" we fly to China (still makes me laugh) I'll lay off- and NOT ONE second sooner. :lol: :rolleyes:

Poor Dougie! The only UNREST and chaos HE endures has been brought on by HIMSELF and one of the most INCOMPETENT Collection of Clowns assembled under The BIG Top. Whether some of you want to admit it or not, Tempe has made Countless mistakes, pissed off many customers and embarassed most of the employees. Yea, I'll give him arest.........when and "IF" we fly to China (still makes me laugh) I'll lay off- and NOT ONE second sooner. :lol: :rolleyes:
Yet Astro, the clowns you talk about saved your job and mine. Give yourself a rest! I am sick of the negativity on these boards. Count your blessings, and be happy for once. You will feel better. :D

Yet Astro, the clowns you talk about saved your job and mine. Give yourself a rest! I am sick of the negativity on these boards. Count your blessings, and be happy for once. You will feel better. :D
really? i don't remember bruce lakefield being identified as one of the pinata personalities??

Maybe WCT is correct. Perhaps Doug will run CO just to see how long it takes him and his crackhead team to destroy it. Free meals in Y? Are you nuts? Glassware? Off to the company store! BizFirst? We can ghetto it out in a month...remember, they believe in using computer paper as a movie screen. Asia here we come!!!! Who needs legroom??? Asians are short! We can get our planes painted there too! Woohoo!!!

Maybe WCT is correct. Perhaps Doug will run CO just to see how long it takes him and his crackhead team to destroy it. Free meals in Y? Are you nuts? Glassware? Off to the company store! BizFirst? We can ghetto it out in a month...remember, they believe in using computer paper as a movie screen. Asia here we come!!!! Who needs legroom??? Asians are short! We can get our planes painted there too! Woohoo!!!
US1, You are always correct. I only take your posts as jokes, because they are funny.

Why would CO get rid of Kellner?

He has done a great job with CO and they are paying into their pensions and run a great airline and a great product.

There is no way the BOD of CO would mess with a guy who is doing a great job and a CEO who actually treats their employees with respect and diginity.

There is no way Doug will get his hands on CO. Larry Kellner and his team KNOW how to run a successful airline. They have happy labor for the most part, and VERY happy customers. Why would Larry let Doug lead?

That said, I can see Doug taking over NW, if/when it gets the west operation--now that is a real possibility.

I think the most logical sense comes of East-UA and West-NW. CO really doesn't need a partner right now, although they could be a backup to NW for the west.

IF a combination were to come involving CO, it would most likely be the CO way and culture which survives.

Then again, stranger things have happened......

Status
Not open for further replies.