Buck

Veteran
Contributor
Aug 20, 2002
www.fairtax.org
----------------
On 4/18/2003 5:57:44 PM flyhigh wrote:

Buck,

I''ll start off by mentioning that it is truly sad this has to be explained to you. To begin, I''ll first ask if you live in the United States of America? If you do, it should be quite clear, if not, I''ll give you half a step. Now I ask if you know what the difference between a democracy and a republic is?

You live in a Republic, not a democracy. The election of officials is a democratic move, but only to participate in a republic. So, now that you have that I''m hoping you can add two and two.

Your union is also a republic. Like the Congress of the United States, it is accountable to the people it represents, but its job is to act on behalf of, not be a messaenger for. What does that mean? They don''t have to ask you everytime something comes up. So, in the Congressional example, they don''t tell you every little national security issue they need to vote on. In this case, mgmt does not want to give headhunters too much information. It''s better to hide information like this so that it is harder to get accurate figures on what a person is making. Whether you want to believe it or not...American is led by one of the best teams in the business. To keep them, you need to pay them. You may not like to hear that, but like you, execs want to be paid. Unlike you, they can leave anytime they want and loose little.

----------------​
The union officials are not accountable, read the second paragraph. You have no idea what you are talking about if you think that the TWU is a Republic. It is never better to hide information from the rank and file. The membership is the union, not the other way around. I do not care about the amount of compensation. I too would like to earn what I believe an aircraft mechanic is worth for the responsibiility the I take. You state to keep these executives, you need to pay them to keep them. If these are the same executives that have provided for the condition of the company I for one as an AA stockholder do not want to retain them. Best teams in the business? They are looking at bankruptcy.

Company spokesman Bruce Hicks defended the trust and said it was disclosed to union leaders and their consultants over the past several weeks -- but under a confidentiality agreement that prohibited them from informing rank-and-file workers.

Why is that the TWU workers are upset at the actions of the company? The company has taken steps to protect it''s executive workers. This is the same thing that the TWU has done by denying the removal of officers within the International structure of the TWU, by removing constitutional language to protect these individuals from their own membership.

Why does the TWU leadership sign a confidentiality statement with the company that excludes the Rank and File?

Buck,

I''ll start off by mentioning that it is truly sad this has to be explained to you. To begin, I''ll first ask if you live in the United States of America? If you do, it should be quite clear, if not, I''ll give you half a step. Now I ask if you know what the difference between a democracy and a republic is?

You live in a Republic, not a democracy. The election of officials is a democratic move, but only to participate in a republic. So, now that you have that I''m hoping you can add two and two.

Your union is also a republic. Like the Congress of the United States, it is accountable to the people it represents, but its job is to act on behalf of, not be a messaenger for. What does that mean? They don''t have to ask you everytime something comes up. So, in the Congressional example, they don''t tell you every little national security issue they need to vote on. In this case, mgmt does not want to give headhunters too much information. It''s better to hide information like this so that it is harder to get accurate figures on what a person is making. Whether you want to believe it or not...American is led by one of the best teams in the business. To keep them, you need to pay them. You may not like to hear that, but like you, execs want to be paid. Unlike you, they can leave anytime they want and loose little.

----------------
On 4/18/2003 5:57:44 PM flyhigh wrote:

American is led by one of the best teams in the business.
----------------​
I don't know what you're on . . .but I want some!!!! If AA is led by the best team in the business, then why are they in dire straits? Why the hell haven't they fixed their "business model" that's been broken for years?

Oh I forgot, they were too busy paying attention to skimming off the top and juggling the bottom line to even know what's going on outside of their own perks and paychecks!

Wake up! This company is borderline bankrupt, and yours was one of the most inane statements I've read on this board yet!

RICO - Suave

RICO - Suave

RICO - Suave

I dare any decent RICO law firm to take this one. Maybe Herb Hafif in Clarement, CA!!!

RICO - Suave

RICO - Suave

Uhm, yeah...i think most of your comments explain why the rank and file should be shielded. You don''t seem t understand business very well. Especially if you own stock in this industry...you should be ashamed of yourself...or at least get a better broker. This is a business that has NEVER covered the cost of capital in its entire history. One major carrier has ever done so, Southwest, for ONE QUARTER. Given the evolution of the industry, most major carriers are handled quite well. As for a broken business model, explain exactly what you would change...then tell me what it would save, and how long it would take to change.

----------------
On 4/18/2003 8:35:44 PM flyhigh wrote:

Uhm, yeah...i think most of your comments explain why the rank and file should be shielded. You don''t seem t understand business very well. Especially if you own stock in this industry...you should be ashamed of yourself...or at least get a better broker. This is a business that has NEVER covered the cost of capital in its entire history. One major carrier has ever done so, Southwest, for ONE QUARTER. Given the evolution of the industry, most major carriers are handled quite well. As for a broken business model, explain exactly what you would change...then tell me what it would save, and how long it would take to change.

----------------​
Why the secrecy?

I may not understand business very well (your opinion), but on the other hand you condone the dishonesty of the company and the union. Outright lying to the rank and file may work for many years, but it appears that they have had just about enough. I own stock because I am an employee, no real research. I never intended on retiring on AMR stock. How can I explain anything to you about the business model? You already know it all.

My observation, is that if Carty wants American to be like Southwest then just do it. Quit talking.
But he really does not want this, does he?

----------------
On 4/18/2003 8:35:44 PM flyhigh wrote:

Especially if you own stock in this industry...you should be ashamed of yourself...or at least get a better broker.
----------------​
That''s funny, my wife and I own nothing but SWA stock, seems a whole lot more valuable than AMR''s! Ashamed? no......