Company's Latest Proposal To Cwa....garbage...

I am seeing alot of very empty airplanes the week of Thanksgiving, in looking at a bunch of various routes....Which was a surprise to me....The 10 day period of Nov 18th-Nov 28th....Especially with only about 4 weeks to go until Thanksgiving....It is looking sad....

I think the combination of Mr Lakefield scaring off alot of customers with threats of a liquidation, long hold times due to lack of agents, alot of sick calls now with a lack of flu vaccine, and the Rez agents who have been kicked and kicked again...it is taking the toll on sales....

But the company doesn't seem to care about TICKET SALES right now.... with ALL it efforts to make a profit from CUTS to its employees thin wallets...

I think the seats that are filled are mainly those using frequent flyer miles before they lose them in the upcomming liquidation....

hopethingswillbeok said:
I have a question, is TPA really going express? Is this for real or a rumor
[post="195383"][/post]​

The ramp is to go Express along with every other Florida city except FLL according to the Fleet contract. The manager wasnt even sure if inside was according to the contracts, but he has verified, that as of now, inside will stay Mainline and outside ME.

Crafty way to get into your pocket again with this "express" classification stuff. Still work your butt off and work just as many, if not more flights, for less pay! Mr. Glass is a true magician! Didnt even see his hand reach around for that wallet!

tadjr said:
Got a clarification from the manager tonight who called his boss to get the word since even he wasnt sure what was happening.

Fleet proposal shows Mainline Express in all cities except the focus cities.
CWA proposal does NOT show Mainline Express in those cities.
Hence the confusion. They are different proposals and he said there was not a typo in them. Of course take it for what its worth since things change daily, but for now the CWA proposal does not make everyone ME.
[post="195186"][/post]​

Was told today by local that the CWA and IAM proposals are just a like ..... :down:

well i came in with nothing 19 years later im leaving with nothing..by the timel cwa get their act together the company will be having coffee with the judge and all of us will be on the street....took the furlough cant deal with the stress and ill be damed if i give them another holiday

gso-crew said:
Was told today by local that the CWA and IAM proposals are just a like ..... :down:
[post="195442"][/post]​

I have both copies given to me by my manager and while very close in most aspects, they are not exactly alike. The Fleet contract expressly says "All stations except BOS, LGA, DCA, PIT, CLT, PHL and FLL will convert to Mainline Express (MLE). Employees affected by a reduction in force in cities converting to MLE will have the option to
Accept an available MLE position within their location
Bid for a vacancy in another location; or
Accept furlough

Employees who do not elect MLE positions during a displacement in their own location will be ineligible to bid for those positions in their location for a period of 24 months.

The CWA proposal does not have this provision in it. The pay scales and most of the other aspects (holiday/vacation/sick, etc) are the same.

ALPA's advisors told the MEC that as time went on each company proposal would get worse. The advisors were right and today the pilots have a new agreement that Amy Alperie, ALPA lead economic analyst, values as an average $370 million per years cost cut, which is $75 million more than the company's $295 million "ask".

It appears the CWA leadership did not learn from the ALPA RC4's mistakes. According to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review the CWA, “representing about 6,000 gate and reservations agents, met yesterday with US Airways officials to discuss the company's latest cost-savings proposal. Chris Fox, president of Communication Workers of America Local 13302 in Green Tree, said the company's latest proposal would slash employee wages by up to 35 percent. It would save US Airways $133 million a year, up nearly 10 percent from the company's initial request of $122 million,â€￾ the newspaper noted.

See Story

In my opinion, the CWA’s leaders will hurt their members more than was necessary and the rank-and-file could see cost cuts deeper than were required, either via a consensual deal or via "imposition", before December 1, 2004.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

How many times are you going to post the samething on differant threads?

By the way I liked it the other day when you outed yourself once again.

I can't see have the Ramp work as ME, and the C/S group remain Mainline within the same Station. That would sure make for some bad blood between groups.

Tadjr, maybe in pay, but not in total labor cuts.

Separately, can you tell me why Chris Fox made her comment thatthe company's latest proposal would slash employee wages by up to 35 percent. It would save US Airways $133 million a year, up nearly 10 percent from the company's initial request of $122 million?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
Tadjr, maybe in pay, but not in total labor cuts.

Separately, can you tell me why Chris Fox made her comment thatthe company's latest proposal would slash employee wages by up to 35 percent. It would save US Airways $133 million a year, up nearly 10 percent from the company's initial request of $122 million?

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="195659"][/post]​

It appears that they've thrown in an additional $15 million in savings required for bankruptcy. Not just for now, but for ALL 7 YEARS of the proposed contract. I'd love it for someone to explain just what thats for, other than punishment? Now we're being forced to pay for us to be bankrupt too for 7 years because we didnt accept their first offer? They also have another item showing "Cross Variance" that they're hitting us for $40 million. Anyone explain just what that hit is for?
I wouldnt look for anything to pass at this point anyway unless there are some major changes. Most of the agents I speak to arent willing at this point to vote yes for anything. If it gets forced on us, we'll deal with what we're given. It would seem that the company isnt interesting in negotiating and only interested in getting as much as they can from those of us who have given quite a bit already and are just hanging on. Your numbers point that out. If the company could get by with 122 million, why are they now forcing 133 million on the group? Just because they can? Thats a real way to win the support of your team, but we all know they just want us all to quit anyway. At this point most of us are resigned to the fact that it isnt going to get any better than whats been offered and are willing to say no thanks and move on at some point.

RowUnderDCA said:
You live in the United States of America in 2004. Republicans control the White House and Congress. What are you confused about?
[post="194566"][/post]​

Since when does anyone in control of the White House or Congress control how much you make? What planet are you living on? I suppose in your mind once JFK is elected he'll restore everything to your utopian philosophy? Get a grip!