Cwa Update 11/18/2004

Finish:

ALPA communications committee chairman Jack Stephen on three separate occasions reported on the code-a-phone ALPA leader misrepresentations, which were directed t the RC4.

At the May 17 MEC meeting, MEC chairman Bill Pollock scolded the RC4 in “open sessionâ€￾ for misrepresentation and for disclosing confidential information.

Finally, ALPA general counsel Mike Abram briefed the MEC and in particular the RC4, that their actions placed them in great personal jeopardy because of the Landrum–Griffith Act. This was the real reason the RC4 directed the NC to obtain a TA and the RC4 elected to send out the new accord for membership ratification.

In regard to the Charlotte Observer Op-Ed piece, the IAM objected and contacted ALPA. ALPA elected to report the news on the code-a-phone to get the IAM off of their back, not necessarily to object to a person’s constitutional right to “voice their opinionâ€￾.

Don’t let the facts get in the way of your posts.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

MOD NOTE: PLEASE DISCUSS THE CWA AND NOT ALPA.

USA320Pilot said:
In regard to the Charlotte Observer Op-Ed piece, the IAM objected and contacted ALPA. ALPA elected to report the news on the code-a-phone to get the IAM off of their back, not necessarily to object to a person’s constitutional right to “voice their opinionâ€￾.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="202211"][/post]​

The FACT is the Charlotte Observer op-ed piece from two years ago was a disgrace to ALPA and your fellow employees. The second FACT is, it was written out of pure selfishness and delusions of grandeur. Good luck on your franchisee opportunities USA320Pilot. However, I won't be surprised to read in the local rag one day this headline: "edited by moderator Business Owner Left High And Dry After Employees Quit Over Paycuts."

USA320Pilot said:

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

MOD NOTE: PLEASE DISCUSS THE CWA AND NOT ALPA.
[post="202211"][/post]​

Note to Mod
This is a response to a comment made about CWA and CWA membership.

USA320 you really have the special talent to be a politician. Your spin abilities are first rate. The vast majority would see the code a phone message as an effort to disassociate ALPA from your constitutional/distasteful/glory seeking comments. I have always felt that until I walk a mile in your shoes, that I don't know what you have experienced as a work group, or, as a person. I do have opinions about your and other work groups. I also think there is a proper time and place to voice them. Or not. I find it interesting that you ALWAYS know what we as individuals and as a group should accept/expect from this company. We should just let you be our spokesperson. The CWA leadership and rank and file obviously don't have the insight and knowledge that you do.

USA320Pilot said:
700UW:

700UW said: "Seems things just took a turn for the worse."

USA320Pilot comments: You're surpirsed? The CWA leadership is doing exactly what the RC4 did. Give a little inch by inch and watch the company's proposals get worse and worse. Every reader of this message baord has been warned that management's proposals would get worse. Guess what? They are. Furthermore, next week they will be worse and the court has not option: accept hte company's proposal or liquidate the company.

For Rez the option could be as much as $20,000 cash, medical benefits, and travel passes and unemployment, continued employment, or just unemployment. Which deal is better?

The longer negotiations proceeed the worse the deal will be...You would have thought other unions would have lerned from the miserable failure of ALPA's RC4.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="202101"][/post]​

From the looks of what the company offered and what seems like an offer that is worse than the one last week, I think things are academic my friend. This is a case of "Godfather reversed", an offer the union has to refuse.
Not even your preaching is falling on itching ears now. Free yourself from being a 'desperate pilot' and start enjoying life to its fullest. Don't worry about US AIRWAYS, US AIRWAYS will worry about itself. I think this board has consumed way too much of your time my friend and I hope it isn't taking further tolls on you.

regards,

Tim:

There is nothing desperate in my posts -it's anything but. I'm surprised that you did not understand that the Company's proposals would get worse since you were told this would occur on this message board.

It's to bad this is unfolding, but union leadership is failing their membership. A union is supposed to get the best deal possible and that is not happening, for any union.

It's really unfortunate with "imposition" just around the corner.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

WestCoastGuy said:
Only 15 grand tops buyout, one year med. lifetime flight benefits. No severance pay. BUT...to pay for it, companys insists on outsourcing some res. CWA says NO WAY.
[post="202094"][/post]​
Well, normal severance for a topped out agent is 12,000 anyway. So the buy out is no that lucrative, especially if it is payed out over time.

USA320Pilot said:
Tim:

There is nothing desperate in my posts -it's anything but. I'm surprised that you did not understand that the Company's proposals would get worse since you were told this would occur on this message board.

It's to bad this is unfolding, but union leadership is failing their membership. A union is supposed to get the best deal possible and that is not happening, for any union.

It's really unfortunate with "imposition" just around the corner.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="202544"][/post]​

USA320pilot,

Union leadership? I'm sorry my friend, I do not believe it exists with the IAM. I have heard rumblings of a possible class action misrepresentation suit filed against the union for possible damages resulting from not even putting forth proposals. But I beleive such talk is just 'gossip' and at best 'premature' at this time.

It's just that you seem so serious when you post. I mean everyone else sees the scoreboard and the outcome can't be changed, given the 'givens'. I'm just pointing to it my friend.
I mean, the starters have been pulled from this game long time ago.

Imposition, end run, whatever, some play needs to run out the clock.

I'll be tailgaiting outside the stadium, C'mon over for a few beer and we can talk about the game.

regards,

4merresrat said:
Well, normal severance for a topped out agent is 12,000 anyway. So the buy out is no that lucrative, especially if it is payed out over time.
[post="202550"][/post]​

16.04 x 40 hours is 641.60 a week.
Max severence is 15 weeks,
That would be 9624

That is, if without a contract, the company would even give you severence- highly unlikely.

I still think the buyout is a better option, considering you get health for a year, and a term pass ( if it is even going to be usable)
BTW I had a realtive take an early retirement/buyout package from another company last year. He got a year salary lump sum and bridge to retirement. He most definately qualified and collected unemployment. The was in PA, dunno about other states.

I would just like to see those folks that want to leave, get something out of this nickle and dime company. They have paid their dues over the years and if those who go thru that revolving door at CCY every couple of years can walk with millions, the front line employees should be able to leave with something.

WestCoastGuy:

WestCoastGuy said: "I would just like to see those folks that want to leave, get something out of this nickle and dime company. They have paid their dues over the years and if those who go thru that revolving door at CCY every couple of years can walk with millions, the front line employees should be able to leave with something."

Nobody likes to see what is happening to any of our jobs. It's not what we signed up for but the reality is either the company obtains the cuts, one way or another or the airline fails and people are left with nothing.

The AFA top "buy out" amount is $8,000 and for Rez it's $20,000.

For those who take the "buy out", you get up to $20,000 lump sum (Rez) or up to $15,000, plus unemployment, medical benefits for up to one-year (check out the premium to provide this yourself), and life time passes. That's much better than nothing and can be a good transition into another Customer Service or other field.

In my opinion the problem is the CWA will lose too many $22 per motnh dues paying members, and it could be more about union versus member survival.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Its a tough one for the CWA, they are trying to represent a work group, inturn, where some want to go, others would like to stay...and be treated decently, with some sense of security..which the outsourcing does not give to those employees. Not everyone with 17 or 18 years wants to start over...no matter what you seem to think.

I think the buyout should be offered, although not as part of the contract.

I agree this buyout is a good deal if you want to leave the company, it would give you the time you need to go find another job. I understand many employees need to keep their job at US but you cannot blame the other employees that want to leave they did not create this the company did!! If we want a buyout because that works best for us then that is our right, if you want to stay that is your right but whatever happens with this company put the blame where it belongs!!

USA320Pilot said:
700UW:

700UW said: "Seems things just took a turn for the worse."

USA320Pilot comments: You're surpirsed? The CWA leadership is doing exactly what the RC4 did. Give a little inch by inch and watch the company's proposals get worse and worse. Every reader of this message baord has been warned that management's proposals would get worse. Guess what? They are. Furthermore, next week they will be worse and the court has not option: accept hte company's proposal or liquidate the company.

For Rez the option could be as much as $20,000 cash, medical benefits, and travel passes and unemployment, continued employment, or just unemployment. Which deal is better?

The longer negotiations proceeed the worse the deal will be...You would have thought other unions would have lerned from the miserable failure of ALPA's RC4.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

What planet are you ON!!! You never cease to amaze any of us. You must be on some good weed or pills...POOF be gone...go fly your Airbus...Bye BYE!!!
[post="202101"][/post]​
:lol: