Compass Airlines to Operate 20 E175's

will fix for food said:
They are on par pay wise with Envoy.
So if the rate is the same why give them to Compass and not a wholly owned subsidiary
Is Compass going to fly the E-175 for less then Envoy
will fix for food said:
The only ones I remember recently that gave concessions for planes was PSA. they also signed that document.

After they took the concessions for planes.
What was the PSA situation

john john said:
So if the rate is the same why give them to Compass and not a wholly owned subsidiaryIs Compass going to fly the E-175 for less then EnvoyWhat was the PSA situation
They gave them to Compass because they said that if the Eagle pilots voted down the offer then they would place them elsewhere. They had to give some of them away to save face, even if it wasnt a good move financially. I doubt they would fly them for less than Envoy, but who knows what the contract is paying and who knows what the cost would be for Envoy per hour. The only advantage that Compass has cost wise is its a younger company so the pilots are lower on a comparable pay scale.

Word is that the company and pilots are back talking again and that there will be an announcement in the next week or so. Probably of the placement of the remaining E-Jets at Envoy.

After talking to 2 different Compass crews. I have learned that they were told by AA that the new E175's are going to be based in LA. They seem to be under the impression that all 20 of them will be based there out of the "nest". Even making all Eagle flights in LA on Compass E175's seems like some expansion is coming. They start in February supposedly. That seems to me that there should be some announcements pretty soon. Any thoughts? Mark?

If true, that would be very good news, as the E-175s are leagues ahead of the crappy CRJ900s. Full-size overhead bins and no window-height issues common to the entire CRJ family (yes, I'm aware that Canadair attempted a half-ass fix to the issue on the 700s and 900s). As far as I'm concerned, any CRJ is a Devil's Chariot - the 700s and 900s are just stretched versions.

When AA ordered the first batch of E-175s before the merger, the press release made it clear that AA considered the E-175 as clearly superior to the competition. Lord only knows why new management ordered more new CRJ900s beyond the fleet already flown for US Airways.

It's not fact until I hear it from WT. Also, I patiently sit by expecting WT to tell the world how horrible this move would be and how Delta will benefit form AA's terrible decision, if true.

While the EMB's are much bigger, I must admit I flew on one the the New PSA 900's last week, and its a very nice a/c.  100% better then the old Mesa Birds. The Overheads were Larger and the Lighting and Interior much much better.

It's not fact until I hear it from WT. Also, I patiently sit by expecting WT to tell the world how horrible this move would be and how Delta will benefit form AA's terrible decision, if true.
sorry, I can't help you on this one.

The E jet is a fine plane.

I'm just not sure about the part about boarding them from the Nest at LAX.

The Ejet is a far more comfortable aircraft esp. for longer haul flying.

FWAAA said:
I As far as I'm concerned, any CRJ is a Devil's Chariot - the 700s and 900s are just stretched versions.
+100000

Far and away, the worst A/C type to have show up on my gate(s) on any given day...

In my experience, the passengers seem to prefer it as well- especially when they see that they won;t have to gate check their roller bags...

700UW said:
Now the question is since they are owned by AA, who's certificate will they be under and who has the rights to the groundwork and maintenance?
CP. Delta has the same deal. They own the majority (I think all but the SkyWest birds) of the 70 and 76 seat jets in the fleet. (and a large amount of the CR2 fleet) 

For the most part they are worked by the regional. 

Delta does some ML handling in places like ATL, CVG and LAX. Delta also does most of the CF34 engine work, but its the only CF34 shop in North America. 

eolesen said:
Uh, no, WT. There is no negotiating to be done. Rates of pay don't change based on the airplane being worked...

Perhaps this is a change from how DCI is handled, but flights operated on someone else's certificate (including Envoy) aren't worked by AA unless that airline happens to contract for handling by AA. In some places, they will self handle, and there's really nothing stopping them from contracting with DGS or any other low bidder.

There were spokes where mainline and regional were handled separately below the wing. RDU, CMH and STL come to mind, and there may be others. Mainline is rarely the most cost effective provider, since cross-utilization isn't allowed for above and below wing tasks.
FWIW AA could do the same as DL where in places (LAX, ATL for example) Mainline handles DCI. 

basically what happened in ATL was DL told EV they were doing a terrible job and they would be getting worked by mainline from now on. I imagine AA has the same rules in their contracts. 

Back