Competitor Cherry Picking Employees

All,
I can tell you with 100% certainty that MAA has only lost 2 Check Airmen to B6, so far. They have also lost 1 Line Check Airman to B6. The rest of us are standing by just waiting for B6 to come grab us. CCY and ALPA have shown zero accountabilty and loyalty to us, I plan to return their courtesy.
4lowed

Jetblue I think said they have over 100,000 resumes on file, including I think 9000 pilots' resumes.

Whadayano said:
Jetblue I think said they have over 100,000 resumes on file, including I think 9000 pilots' resumes.
Yeah, but how many 10k+ hour guys with (presumably) Airbus PIC time and the EMB-17x type?

The same is also to be said for maintenance personnel. They are snapping up all the USAirways mechanics especially the ones that have been trained on the Airbus.

Y'all, I think you are being a bit unfair, when it comes to jetBlue.

jetBlue has really shown no adversion to any employee of any airline, whether U or UAL etc. Been at blue awhile and have certainly flown with plenty of people from U, F/A's and pilots. Obviously, we cannot hire all that apply, just like U did not when they were hiring, sad as that is. I will say this, persistence pays off.

Secondly, while I may be wrong, I do not think jetBlue is cherrypicking employees, those who have signed on here, probably filled out the app. just like every one else.

Here is to hoping, that the departure of Siegel, will finally mean U is returning to health.

skyflyr69 said:
Lightyear states:

Pity they're not feeling the same way about flight attendants. I haven't heard of a former US Airways F/A getting a callback from the on-line app, much less a job at JetBlue in well over a year.

why would ANY airline hire an unruly sulking f/a that gives lousy service and continually reads on their seat from Usairways?
they can hire younger more energetic ones that
CARE about giving SERVICE!
Sir

ENOUGH OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who the hell do you think you are? What do you want the f/a's to do for 6 hours? Maybe you should fly SWA where it is the comedy act for 6 hours. What is wrong with letting your customers alone to read, watch a movie, do work, or sleep with out the constant movement of people, incliuding f/a's around the cabin? Do you get enough to eat and drink? If not, ring the damn call bell. That's what it's there for. Or, come on back and stretch your legs. I think most of us go through the cabin to pick up trash and check for fasten seatbelts when the sign goes on, that you can ask then as well.

And, Sir, if you feel the company should provide more food or beverage services for you, then put in a call to Dave before he leaves his office for good. Maybe he could foresake is $4 million golden parachute so the f/a's can be allowed to serve you more. Just remember, Mr Know- it- all, management makes rules to how many times we do bev services. Write them. You need something to do along with gaining a personality.

I know I could be sensored on this one, but I have had enough of your pompous, rude, arrogant, and ignorant remarks. Please, if you ARE a customer of ours, do US Airways a favor and just GO AWAY!! :angry: :eek: :eek:

Dizel8 not picking on JetBlue but I am glad they are taking on these fine former US Airways employees. Our loss is definitely Jetblues gain.

skyflyr69 said:
Lightyear states:

Pity they're not feeling the same way about flight attendants. I haven't heard of a former US Airways F/A getting a callback from the on-line app, much less a job at JetBlue in well over a year.

why would ANY airline hire an unruly sulking f/a that gives lousy service and continually reads on their seat from Usairways?
they can hire younger more energetic ones that
CARE about giving SERVICE!
This is uncalled for. There are an awful lot of us who've stuck with US because of the front-line people, including the F/As. In close to 20 years of being a US regular, I have yet to encounter an unpleasant or rude flight attendant -- including the past several years that have been enough to make anyone cranky. The fact that there continues to be good service within the constraints imposed by management is a tribute to the professionalism of an awful lot of people.

"I haven't heard of a former US Airways F/A getting a callback from the on-line app, much less a job at JetBlue in well over a year."

Your info is wrong, U F/A's continues to be hired at JBU, if you fit the profile, as with all companies, you get an interview.

Light Years said:
Pity they're not feeling the same way about flight attendants. I haven't heard of a former US Airways F/A getting a callback from the on-line app, much less a job at JetBlue in well over a year. I recieved an email a few months after applying that I'm not what they are interested in at this time. Guess I'm not a cherry worth picking, so to speak. I'm not sure exactly how they determine that from an on-line form with your name, address, work history, and two general questions.
Just got a letter yesterday from southwest for flt attent. interview may 6 in bwi. So, southwest is hiring flt attents. Take a look at their website, took them less than 2 weeks to respond to my appl. on line!!! :up:

firstamendment said:
Sir

ENOUGH OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who the hell do you think you are? What do you want the f/a's to do for 6 hours? Maybe you should fly SWA where it is the comedy act for 6 hours. What is wrong with letting your customers alone to read, watch a movie, do work, or sleep with out the constant movement of people, incliuding f/a's around the cabin? Do you get enough to eat and drink? If not, ring the damn call bell. That's what it's there for. Or, come on back and stretch your legs. I think most of us go through the cabin to pick up trash and check for fasten seatbelts when the sign goes on, that you can ask then as well.

And, Sir, if you feel the company should provide more food or beverage services for you, then put in a call to Dave before he leaves his office for good. Maybe he could foresake is $4 million golden parachute so the f/a's can be allowed to serve you more. Just remember, Mr Know- it- all, management makes rules to how many times we do bev services. Write them. You need something to do along with gaining a personality.

I know I could be sensored on this one, but I have had enough of your pompous, rude, arrogant, and ignorant remarks. Please, if you ARE a customer of ours, do US Airways a favor and just GO AWAY!! :angry: :eek: :eek:
Uhh, I haven't been on too many WN flights that were 6hrs, lol.

I have been on some 3 hr ones and most f/a's have a sense of humor and enjoy their job, (even with contract talks), so they like to be friendly with the passengers.

You guys are correct about "cherry picking" employees. There are tons of experienced AMT's out there and a lot of them have their resume's in with WN. If they pass the interview process then they get hired, so its a mutual effort. No one is making them quit U to come to WN or JBLU, or whatever airline.

I have heard some say not to hire ex-U employees because a lot of them have bad attitudes. I have found this to be incorrect. Most of them are happy to be with a company that takes care of them, and they are alos happy to work in a much more relaxed atmosphere. They tend to leave their 'tude where they picked it up....I know that was how it was for me, but that was years ago.

Back