Congrats Guys Its Working!

tadjr

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
TPA
www.airlineforums.com
He came in yesterday morning. Turned his badge into the manager and walked out. Way to go! Its working.
Good news is hes already found another job (full time!) and is only taking a minor cut in pay to start off (he was only getting 20 hours a week). Also they pay medical, its a block from his house so he can go home and enjoy lunch with his wife each day. Hooray for him.
I am sorry to see him go though since he was smart as a whip and a definite asset to the company. They're going to get what they want one way or another and it isnt going to be very pretty in the end with whats left over. :shock:
You're going to be missed Gary. :)

I agree, like many who are doing the same. Everyone has to make a call here. The airline industry is changing forever as we know it. Im sure this will be the beginning, however theres thousands waiting to replace us.

My wife, a 16 year veteran of US Airways, resigned on Friday October 15th as soon as the 21% pay cut was announced. Her last day was scheduled to be Sunday the 17th, but she resigned as soon as she heard the news.....she would not work for one penny less than what she was earning at that point. The low pay, the disrespect, the severe understaffing, and the idiotic, pathetic, embarrassing management.....it was simply not worth it.

She started her new career on Monday the 18th. I have never seen her so happy! She is treated with respect and value at her new company. It is very ironic that with all of this garbage unfolding at US Airways, her new company is sponsoring a "Teammate Appreciation Week". Did you notice it says Teammate? That's right they are considered Teammates and not employees. She now has weekends AND holidays off after 16 years. Please consider this post as an encouragement for those of you who feel that you have "too much time to quit". It took me quite a while, and the threat of a 40% pay cut to get her motivated. The skills that you have learned and mastered at US Airways are very valuable in the real working world. Do not believe what many on this board say.......Mickey D's.... WalMart....BS! Go to big companies who have a proven track record of valuing their employees. You have to put together a comprehensive resume that SELLS your skills to potential employers. SELL yourself! Those with offers of alternative employment have options. With options one has choices. Best wishes to all at US Airways. :up:

PS: Eventhough she officially resigned with a formal letter of resignation to all of the appropriate supervisors...the whole line. The Tuesday after resigning, she received a call from a supervisor in administration inquiring why she has not been at work for the past four days! They even said they would file this as an occurance before she could even get a word in edgewise. Classic US Airways!

Kudo's to all who make good on their quest for new a career...they have courage and do what they say.

OTOH, for those of us who stay, we too should have the courage to do what needs to be done. Like those above, we all have the option to leave, and before making everyone's lives miserable around us, we should do just that.

We all have a choice here, again, congradualtions and kudo's to all!

Fubijaakr said:
Good for him! He was smart enough to realize that there IS life beyond the airline industry.
[post="195026"][/post]​

PS: Eventhough she officially resigned with a formal letter of resignation to all of the appropriate supervisors...the whole line. The Tuesday after resigning, she received a call from a supervisor in administration inquiring why she has not been at work for the past four days! They even said they would file this as an occurance before she could even get a word in edgewise. Classic US Airways!
[post="195058"][/post]​
[/quote]

Same thing happened to me. Sent a fax of my resignation and had even called and told them to be looking for it. Couple days later got a nasty message left on my answering machine from the admin. mgr. She said since I failed to show up for work and didn't call I would go straight to level 4. LMAO. I just had to call her back and tell her to go straight to hell.
The funny thing, I never turned any ID's. I told her if she wanted them to come and get them that I'd be sure and not feed the dog the day before.
That was 13 months ago after 23+ years of service.

tadjr said:
He came in yesterday morning. Turned his badge into the manager and walked out. Way to go! Its working.
Good news is hes already found another job (full time!) and is only taking a minor cut in pay to start off (he was only getting 20 hours a week). Also they pay medical, its a block from his house so he can go home and enjoy lunch with his wife each day. Hooray for him.
I am sorry to see him go though since he was smart as a whip and a definite asset to the company. They're going to get what they want one way or another and it isnt going to be very pretty in the end with whats left over. :shock:
You're going to be missed Gary. :)
[post="195020"][/post]​

Freakin Beautiful! So good to hear of someone who got another job and went for it! I wish this for everyone who wants to go!

The company is going to lose all those who are hard-working and caring.

God bless the employees of U!

speedbird86 said:
[post="195058"][/post]​

Same thing happened to me. Sent a fax of my resignation and had even called and told them to be looking for it. Couple days later got a nasty message left on my answering machine from the admin. mgr. She said since I failed to show up for work and didn't call I would go straight to level 4. LMAO. I just had to call her back and tell her to go straight to hell.
The funny thing, I never turned any ID's. I told her if she wanted them to come and get them that I'd be sure and not feed the dog the day before.
That was 13 months ago after 23+ years of service.

[post="195140"][/post]​

FYI You best turn in your ID's, when you put in for your retirement that is one of the prerequisits. Good Luck
[/quote]

:up:

I was there when Gary announced his intentions. It was just shy of 0800 after completing his 4 hour shift. (he use to be full time pre 9/11) He casually announced that it was his last day. It took a few minutes for the half dozen of us in the room to realize what was happening. Gary passed around the one sentence letter, addressed to the station manager, for all to read. It didn't take but a few seconds to read the short and sweet balzy letter;

" I hereby tender my resignation from US Airways, effective immediately." :p

No notice, no pomp and circumstance, just adios!

Vio con Dios Gary!

When I decided to resign from US Airways back in February of this year, I received two letters delivered to my home via FEDEX telling me that I had an appointment to meet with my supervisors in PHL and I should seek union representation and if I failed to appear I would be terminated. I quit already!!!! Get a clue.

What a classic bunch of IDIOTS!!!

I went for a job interview on tues,and the bennies this company gives and other incentives...and you are allowed 8 count em 8 occurences!!!
I'm not saying that I 'd use all 8,now that includes leaving 30 sec early and coming in late...

I told the HR rep useless air allows 4...

Raises based on productivity 6 months to 1 yr, of an increase $1.00 plus!!!

When was the last time THE EMPLOYEES WERE GIVEN ANYTHING?

:down:

golden1 said:
What a classic bunch of IDIOTS!!!

I went for a job interview on tues,and the bennies this company gives and other incentives...and you are allowed 8 count em 8 occurences!!!
I'm not saying that I 'd use all 8,now that includes leaving 30 sec early and coming in late...

I told the HR rep useless air allows 4...

Raises based on productivity 6 months to 1 yr, of an increase $1.00 plus!!!

When was the last time THE EMPLOYEES WERE GIVEN ANYTHING?

:down:
[post="195380"][/post]​

There are employees at U who actually believe they are stuck, are afraid of the unknown and have zero confidence no thanks to being beat into to the ground by a bunch of hateful management people who run a business like a concentration camp. The entire structure has become beyond ugly and it's affecting everyone involved.

Golden is so right, there is another life outside of that hell called U and why I picked that avatar to show what lurks there and here on the boards telling people to accept accept accept accept accept. . . . . . .

The choices are so bad I can’t believe U will be around much longer….Best Regards All….

Devil With the Blue Dress On shuld be U's theme song

Went to Admin today to turn in overtime and I asked if they were covering his position tomorrow. They said they didnt and oops, he was still on the schedule to work. :shock: They cant take him out of the system since he has to get paid for the 1 day he worked this paycheck and were still showing him on for the rest of the week. :up:

I spoke to him tonight and he sounds great. He said he had been thinking about it for a while, but after the proposal on Fri, he had just had enough. He said he was so happy and relieved to not have to come in each day and put up with the c%^p at US that even the cut in pay was worth it!