U Pilot Story

W:EXCH:INVOL

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
I live in a small town of around 15,000 about 30 miles from the airport that a I work at. This town still has it's local paper with all the local news tidbits and gossip. This item was in the "local news" column on Friday, January 16. I hope you enjoy it.

____

As we told you before, Pastor RG of ------ Lutheran Church is serving as a chaplain in Kuwait with his activated Army National Guard Unit and had a short leave in December. When he returned to Kuwait, he sent this note about his trip back. I want to share some of it with you.

He began, "God does work in mysterious ways. On my layover in Philadelphia, I struck up a conversation with one of the USAirways pilots. He commented about how unfortunate it was that I was traveling back on Christmas Eve and asked where I was going to stay the night. I told him I would be put up in a hotel in Baltimore.

"In what had to be the work of the Holy Spirit, he invited me to stay with him and his family that night in Columbia, Maryland. I would never have thought I would be spending the night with an airline pilot and his family.

"I am sure he never thought when he got up that morning he would have an Army chaplain in his home for Christmas Eve. Once we reached Baltimore, he called his wife and informed her he had invited a stranger to be their guest for the evening. It would have been interesting to hear the other end of the conversation.

"I spent a lovely Christmas Eve with a fine Christian family, who exemplified the finest hospitality of welcoming a stranger. Even the evening meal had a touch of God on it as [U Pilot's wife], even before knowing I would spend the night, had prepared an extra serving of chicken. This was something she would not have typically done.

"This will certainly be one Christmas Eve I will always remember and cherish. For I was blessed to have the privilege of celebratig the birth of Christ with new friends."

______

What a classy move. It's things like this that make you actually want to tell people who ask, who you work for.

INVOL

Latest posts