An Airport employee does...

gaucho99

Senior
Dec 21, 2006
When you see a front line airline airport employee, he is getting paid.

When you see an airport employee going through the same security you go through, he is being paid.

When you see an airport employee walking in the terminal, he is being paid.

When you see an airport employee at the gate working his flight, he is being paid.

The only time the airport employee is not getting paid is when you DON'T see him...when he's at lunch or on break.

The average airline employee is at work as much or more than pilots and vff.

At the end of the work day, even though they are never making money when you see them, the Pilot and VFF earn about $300-$500. At the end of the same work day, the front line airline employee makes about $75-$100. And they have to feed their family and provide shelter and save toward college for their kids just like the vff and pilots do.

All three chose that line of work. And all knew early on, WELL before they got into the profession, the requirements and pay of the job.

Which of the three have it the hardest?

When you see a front line airline airport employee, he is getting paid.

When you see an airport employee going through the same security you go through, he is being paid.

When you see an airport employee walking in the terminal, he is being paid.

When you see an airport employee at the gate working his flight, he is being paid.

The only time the airport employee is not getting paid is when you DON'T see him...when he's at lunch or on break.
The average airline employee is at work as much or more than pilots and vff.

At the end of the work day, even though they are never making money when you see them, the Pilot and VFF earn about $300-$500. At the end of the same work day, the front line airline employee makes about $75-$100. And they have to feed their family and provide shelter and save toward college for their kids just like the vff and pilots do.

All three chose that line of work. And all knew early on, WELL before they got into the profession, the requirements and pay of the job.

The one that hates the profession they chose. If they still love what they do, then $$ is not the issue or a main issue.

If people chose to be a VFF becasue it was big $$$ and easy street and they regret it. Then shame on them.

If Airline workers thought that being an employee was the cats meow, and that it was going to be a cake walk, and they regret it. Well then shame on them.

We all have options. We all choose our destiny (or at least have a major role it it) Most people do not change careers, becasue they are afraid of whats out there and have low self esteem.

If you love your profession-- Then Kudos to you.
If you hate it and do not move on. Then shame on you.

If you love your career move and cant seem to make ends meet, they it might be time to look for a new career instead of crying over it.

I was in a career, I loved, but could barly make ends meet. I realized that after I had my kid, it was time to find something else. I created the oppertunity, and 2nd guessed myself for a year after making the move. I now love my proffesion and could not think about going back to what I was doing.

just my .02