Congratulations IAM members

The Man

Advanced
Sep 3, 2007
Congratulations IAM members for taking a stand against US Airways and Union leadership. At lease you guys got to vote, not like the misserable CWA and their "letters of Agreement." Can you believe a union, who's officers can change the members contract, without a membership vote. You don't have to worry about Canale getting in bed with Parker, he wouldn't fit. Doug spoons everynight with CWA pres Larry Cohen. I'll tell you what, if the IAM wins your arbitration, and I hope you do, there's going to be hell to pay at the CWA. They signed away our "change of conroll clause" for pennies, and the membership didn't have a say. I guess we just have to be satisfied, with what Daddy Larry decides is best. I've read alot from fleet service, pilots, flight attendants, hell even the passengers, but very little from the customer service people. Where is the outrage from the front line personnel. Your the ones who have to eat it when things go bad. Our union treats us as bad as the company. Doug Parker ignores you and is indiffernt to your suffering, and so is your union.

The Man says "The CWA sucks."

The IAM sucks too. The IAM wanted these guys to vote yes, but it was the MEMBERSHIP who finally took their future into their own hands. We are all so proud of you. A 30 year NW rampie was thrilled because he said everyone was watching to see what happened at USAir on this vote. He said that finally people are showing the industry execs that we ALL have had enough of their corporate greed.

You can say what you want about the CWA, but at least they didn't permit the company to Outsource Mainline jobs at 20+ Class 2 stations. They also were able to eliminate the Mainline Express classification in the outstations that were classified as such a few years back. As a furloughed IAM Fleet person, I would have been thrilled to get this much from my union.

What is IAM fleet service pay scale for the class II/class I stations?
How many weeks of vacation/holidays does IAM fleet service get?

Doug: Hey CWA, this PDQ thing, we're gonna outsource that to save a little money.

CWA: But Doug, that's in our contract as CWA work.

Doug: Well, It doesn't work for me, so we're gonna contract that out, ok.

CWA: You better not Doug, or we'll......

Doug: You'll do what, what are you gonna do about it?

CWA: Well errrr, we're gonna errrr.......

Doug: Yeh, hey look at the time, gotta catch happy hour, see you later.

CWA: Hey wait, what about......geeez....ah ok, call me.

Sure there is, it's out there floating in grievance limbo with all the others. The CWA doesn't have the time or stomach for arbitration. The company knows this, so they laugh us off.

Sure there is, it's out there floating in grievance limbo with all the others. The CWA doesn't have the time or stomach for arbitration. The company knows this, so they laugh us off.
CWA NEWS
August 13, 2007
CWA
Update on Contract Arbitration dates;
The Health insurance increase arbitration, which addresses the company increasing our Health care costs 2 months before we agreed to during the 2005 concessions was scheduled for August 29, 2007 in Tempe. It has been postponed due to the Company Lawyer being out due to an automobile accident. We will let you know when that is being rescheduled.

Retiree Boarding Priority Arbitration-December 6, 2007
The CWA did not agree to, nor did we negotiate, any changes to our travel benefits.
Update-Januray 31, 2007-Be assured, we will be filing an expedited staff level grievance on our boarding priority which the company has decided to change and blatantly violate our contract with their announcement yesterday. Our contract is very clear, we board based on "date" of hire not "year" of hire. (See Article 8 of our CWA CBA.) We also have scheduled arbitrations for Immediate Family boarding and Retiree boarding violations. We will keep you posted on our progress.

Rate of Pay/Regressive pay date seniority adjustment Arbitration-January 18, 2008
Keep in mind, we will ask for retroactive pay where applicable in our Remedy.
Information on Award and payment for Arbitration win on FT/PT Furlough issue;
On Friday, May 25, 2007, US Airways mailed out checks to CWA members
who are entitled to payments for unpaid furlough time under the
Full-Time/Part-Time Arbitration. Affected members should be receiving checks
shortly. The checks that affected members will receive represents the
full furlough benefit employees who had been displaced from full-time
to part-time and then furloughed should have received when they were
furloughed. The company has committed to reimburse employees for lost
health care expenses in a second payment, which should be mailed out in a
matter of weeks. If you believe that you should have been awarded
lost furlough benefits under this award, but have not received them, or
if you believe the award you have received does not fully reimburse you
for lost furlough benefits, please contact your local immediately.

Let's see, 2005 to 2007, why that's two years and counting. I happen to know of people with grievances pending for almost three years now. Believe me, arbitration for US Airways CWA'ers is not a priority, but everyone at Cingular will have a stool to sit on.

Let's see, 2005 to 2007, why that's two years and counting. I happen to know of people with grievances pending for almost three years now. Believe me, arbitration for US Airways CWA'ers is not a priority, but everyone at Cingular will have a stool to sit on.
You need to do some research on the time lines on arbitrations under the RLA and the availability of an arbitrator and stall tactics by management. Arbitration can be tricky (i.e. ALPA) it sometimes is not a slam-dunk. Do you have sit on stool grievance?

I have personal knowledge of how the CWA represents US Airways agents. In reguards to the backlog of arbitration cases, it's not the company delaying, it's the union.

I think I know who you are John John, in which case you probably know who I am, and you know I'm right.

What is IAM fleet service pay scale for the class II/class I stations?
How many weeks of vacation/holidays does IAM fleet service get?
Everthing is the same for Class 2 stations except for the hourly wage. I'm not sure of the exact amount, but it is just above $15 somewhere. Not too many Class two's survived the Outsourcing Extravaganza of 2005.........
Our IAM AGC did tell us just how lucky we were to get upgraded from a MLE Station to a Class 2, so that our severance would be higher AFTER WE LOST OUR JOBS!!! :blink:
The MLE classification was SUPPOSED to stay in place for those stations that were already classified as such, but the IAM and the Company decided to get rid of the classification just prior to the vote, and upgraded BDL & PVD to class ones to seal the vote in their favor. As we all know, the CWA represented C/S people stayed MLE after the fleet jobs were outsourced, and eventually got back to Mainline after the merger.....I along with lots of others would have preffered to go that route as well...

The Man is right. What's worse, the enemy you know, or the one who's supposed to have your back. Union leadership should be ashamed of themselves. Your supposed to stand for something, your supposed to protect your people. Instead, your as guilty as the clowns your supposed to protect us from.

Latest posts