Connecting Cities - East to West

Several markets on the list could support non-stops to western hubs...GSO included....... I don't think US has enough planes to start connecting these markets with their new hubs yet.

I think increased aircraft utilization could help US add service. The 2 and 3 hours time differences between coasts could be maximized for A/C utilization. I would not be surprised to see early evening flights from The East to the west and red-eyes back east. The A/C will be back on the east coast for early AM depts.

One-stop flight via the hubs could help drive more traffic.
CLT-PHX/LAS-OAK, PSP, SJC, ABQ, SLC, etc.

Operate more Sat only flights. For several years now US has operated lots of Sat only flts to the Carribbean and some Florida. Add more domestic Sat only service like GSO, ALB, BUF, etc, to LAS. As a skier I would love to see more flights to Ski country.

I think increased aircraft utilization could help US add service. The 2 and 3 hours time differences between coasts could be maximized for A/C utilization. I would not be surprised to see early evening flights from The East to the west and red-eyes back east. The A/C will be back on the east coast for early AM depts.

This is already happening. I worked a trip thats first day was CLT-PHX-ORD...pretty. AND CLT-PHX-SAN-PHX...prettier. One more...CUN-PHX-SEA..... :mf_boff:

the list refers to US Airways service - not competition...

That was my point.

Those markets are being served by the competition.

Of course, by now I should realize that the concept of offering non-stop flights from where the bulk of the population lives, to where the bulk of that population wants to go, is considered heresy at US Airways.

IOW, "We don't care where you really want to go. We're taking you to Philadelphia."

That was my point.

Those markets are being served by the competition.

Of course, by now I should realize that the concept of offering non-stop flights from where the bulk of the population lives, to where the bulk of that population wants to go, is considered heresy at US Airways.

IOW, "We don't care where you really want to go. We're taking you to Philadelphia."

Well, for years, many FFs referred to HP as the airline that "will take you where you don't want to go when you don't want to go".

Latest posts