Conservative commentator D'Souza indicted

• Banned
You do a great job of making yourself look like one when you cant debate the issue at hand and have to insult, attack, deflect and blame others.

Agreed on the name calling/trash talking, though it is sorta par for the course in the WC...

Dog Wonder said:
Who is Dinesh D'Souza?

cltrat said:
never heard of her either
Same here. I had to head over to Google... Looks like quite a prolific author. I have to admit I'm surprised to have never heard of him...

xUT said:
This topic should be moved to the water cooler... :p
Lol. Ok, that's funny.

Politically motivated indictments have a funny way of not resulting in a lot of convictions. But hey, if this is what the DOJ wants to focus on, so be it.

They thought that Breitbart's death would silence his organization. Wrong.

Same here with Dinesh's projects. They'll continue with or without him, and it would seem to me his indictment can only focus even more attention on them.

700UW said:
You do a great job of making yourself look like one when you cant debate the issue at hand and have to insult, attack, deflect and blame others.
ok whatever looks like no one cares, carry on and remember to get on your prayer mat look to Washington and pray to Messiah Obama

• Banned
If you didnt care, you wouldnt be replying.

How about you finally debate a topic with facts, instead of changing the subject and insulting posters?

eolesen said:
Politically motivated indictments have a funny way of not resulting in a lot of convictions. But hey, if this is what the DOJ wants to focus on, so be it.

They thought that Breitbart's death would silence his organization. Wrong.

Same here with Dinesh's projects. They'll continue with or without him, and it would seem to me his indictment can only focus even more attention on them.
Focus genuine attention on them, or the sort of "Let's-all-eat-at-Chik-fil-A-to-prove-a-point" sort of attention?

Kev3188 said:
Focus genuine attention on them, or the sort of "Let's-all-eat-at-Chik-fil-A-to-prove-a-point" sort of attention?

Thought that started as a 'lets boycott Chik-fil-a ' gig that backfired miserably.

D'Souza's work is interpreted by some as borderline black helicopter stuff, but convicting him after the relative success of "Obama 2016" will just legitimize some of the stuff that moderates had written off as too conspiracy theorist.

D'Souza hasn't exactly been a darling of Fox News or conservative talk radio anymore, mainly for the actions that got him fired from King's College.

This bring him back into the news cycle in a sympathetic light, since he's obviously being pursued for supporting the wrong team. You don't see Democratic campaign contributors being pursued by the current Administration -- only the opposition, be it thru the IRS, the DOJ, or the EPA...

There's also another aspect that might be at play here, and why D'Souza isn't out claiming innocence...

If this goes to court, the entire issue over the constitutionality of campaign contribution limits comes into question. And that's already under deliberation at SCOTUS as of last October (http://www.scotusblog.com/2013/10/the-chief-justice-looks-for-a-compromise-on-contribution-caps-this-mornings-argument-in-plain-english/).

Depending on how the ruling on McCutcheon goes, D'Souza might wind up being cleared before it ever sees a courtroom.

Back