Consolidation

operaations

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
I do not wish any airline to go under and be forced to liquidate. But it seems to me that it needs to happen. More and more airlines go to CH 11 and seek protection. We gave up alot of pay, and benifits, and we as employees of AA are suffering the high cost of living with out any relief in sight. I dont know about anyone else but I think the only way a Large Airline will become profitable again is to see one or two of the Legacy Carriers go away. Not merge with anyone else just go away. Less seats in the air and more demand.

I am not looking for the usual Management bashing, or union bashing, just a discussion on opinions of consolidation.

I believe that we will have two less airlines in the next year and a half. I'm also not talking about Indy going bye-bye either. I see DL and CO getting together as well as NW being ACQUIRED by the new US in about 12 months.

With the new US needing some astronomical loans to pull off this merger, I can't see them being loaned anything for a long time. Especially to merge another carrier in to the fold. The new US plan was to make a profit with oil at $50/barrel, it is now staying over $60/barrel. I think the new US has a lot of work to do on themselves before they even begin to think about another airline coming in to the mix. Just my thoughts..........

With way things are going in the deregulated airline industry, I predict we will eventually have one airline in the U.S.A. named AEROFLOT.

PRINCESS KIDAGAKASH said:
With way things are going in the deregulated airline industry, I predict we will eventually have one airline in the U.S.A. named AEROFLOT.
[post="301261"][/post]​

Dont you mean AAeroflot?

How about taking the $1.8 Billion for 6 years and starting our own airline service co. and underbidding scabs and throwing them out of work.

PRINCESS KIDAGAKASH said:
[post="301261"][/post]​

Why don't you join forces with me Princess, and we will put that plan into action?
With my brains and your shrewdness I think we would make a very formidable team.