CONTINENTAL (now) Talking to AMERICAN and BA !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparantly, Delta wouldn't move up in the rankings in Latin America with a NW merger. Just so you know NW doesn't even fly there according to other posters.
The statistics came off DL's merger website. Quite possibly a misprint and I'll concede that NW doesn't have much of a Latin structure. The rest of the information, I believe to be quite accurate.

I did. It was a simple question which you evaded. If the management was so good why aren't they still running their former airlines?

You answered your own question and you want me to answer what? I never stated DL management was in any way "good". If you believe otherwise, I challenge you to reference such a statement.

If the management was so good why aren't they still running their former airlines?

First of all, are you asserting that whether or not a management team continues to head an organization is a sole indicator as to their effectiveness? For what period of time? At what time do you consider them "good"? Why isn't Bethune still running CO?
Your question dicounts far too many variables that would determine whether or not a management team would remain for any specified period of time.
Your question is too vague and simpleminded to answer. The only answer I can give you is that I haven't formed an opinion of Anderson as of yet. He has done nothing as of yet to gain any trust nor has he done anything for me to mistrust.
If you really want to discuss poor management, why don't we discuss such a topic over on the United board.

Conspiracy theory that hit my head last night:

AA and CO are "talking" about an alliance, which has been put out there publically.
CO is looking at all alliance options and blew off a UA merger because UA is weak.
CO and UA are also "talking" about an alliance.

Absent oil prices plumetting or a merger (which may not even be enough), UA looks like it may be filing for bankruptcy again fairly soon.

Perhaps the AA and CO talks are really about a joint bid for UA in bankruptcy with an orderly split of the company? (I mean after all, what kind of benefits are AA and CO going to get out of an alliance together?)

CO is probably gathering what it would take to join Star, which they could do after this transaction (kind of like how bankrupt US brought savior HP into Star).

AA takes LAX, ORD and IAD. CO takes DEN and SFO. Fleets would be a mess, but each would have the national and international route system they want. CO gets their alliance. The country gets to 3 major international carriers (DL/NW, AA, CO). Key slots and route authorities get apportioned equally (CO gets 3 China flights from SFO, AA gets 3 from ORD/IAD, NRT slots get split, more LHR slots would probably have to go to CO, DCA/LGA slots divided up, etc). Everybody is happy, unless they work for UA. Or have to integrate the new fleets (yuck).

Conspiracy theory that hit my head last night:

AA and CO are "talking" about an alliance, which has been put out there publically.
CO is looking at all alliance options and blew off a UA merger because UA is weak.
CO and UA are also "talking" about an alliance.

Absent oil prices plumetting or a merger (which may not even be enough), UA looks like it may be filing for bankruptcy again fairly soon.

Perhaps the AA and CO talks are really about a joint bid for UA in bankruptcy with an orderly split of the company? (I mean after all, what kind of benefits are AA and CO going to get out of an alliance together?)

CO is probably gathering what it would take to join Star, which they could do after this transaction (kind of like how bankrupt US brought savior HP into Star).

AA takes LAX, ORD and IAD. CO takes DEN and SFO. Fleets would be a mess, but each would have the national and international route system they want. CO gets their alliance. The country gets to 3 major international carriers (DL/NW, AA, CO). Key slots and route authorities get apportioned equally (CO gets 3 China flights from SFO, AA gets 3 from ORD/IAD, NRT slots get split, more LHR slots would probably have to go to CO, DCA/LGA slots divided up, etc). Everybody is happy, unless they work for UA. Or have to integrate the new fleets (yuck).

Whindler,

How many days of operating cash do UA, CO and AA have? What is the cash burn rate of those 3 airlines? What kind of assets do each of these companies have that they can borrow against? How many unencumbered aircraft can be parked?

Looking forward to your response.

Whindler,

How many days of operating cash do UA, CO and AA have? What is the cash burn rate of those 3 airlines? What kind of assets do each of these companies have that they can borrow against? How many unencumbered aircraft can be parked?

Looking forward to your response.

According to the ORD C/P : from a UAL friend........they have 90 days of cash at current burn rate.

According to the ORD C/P : from a UAL friend........they have 90 days of cash at current burn rate.
I heard this also............My sister's boyfriends brother knows a guy who is the first cousin of the flight attendant he is dating, that is the uncle of the chief pilot of JB who was married to the Director of inflight at UAL. :up:

I heard this also............My sister's boyfriends brother knows a guy who is the first cousin of the flight attendant he is dating, that is the uncle of the chief pilot of JB who was married to the Director of inflight at UAL. :up:

Same guy who ratted out Iraq for WMDs?

I hate to say it but time to redo the math yes Air France NWA and delta,,,,BA AA Iberian and Lufthansa Ual and CAL!!!!! Us air gone splintered and sold off to all with AA buying the shuttle!

It would of been nice if we actually joined OneWorld instead of StarAlliance. I think this is just a step towards our future merger with UAL. It appears if they are trying to fix UAL's books, and fleet, and getting all the ground work out of the way. I hate to say it, but it will be a sad day for all of us at CO if we eventually merger with UAL. They are so much bigger and so much more senior to us. The thing I find most funny about this, is when we were in trouble many year's ago. UAL used unfair and horrific tactis to try and out us out back in our Denver days. Now we are in the best position of any US airline and UAL is kissing up to us. Amazing how the tables turn...... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.