British Airways In Talks With American, Continental

Hunter posted it was 219 million.... does anyone know much figure is accurate?

Hunter is probably more accurate. That is why I said give or take a few million..lol I was also adding in the 9-11 fund designated for TWA..STOP, I'm only kidding.

Bottom line, AA acquired TWA. Neither set of employees had ANY say in the decision. We all wish it had been different. BUT, AA is now made up of the cultures and personnel from TransCarib, AirCal, RENO, TWA, and the nAAtives. It is a wonderfully diverse set of corporate cultures that have the potential of securing AA a reputation of being a very fine product. If CAL does join "the family" it will only make AA that much better. They are an excellent product and the employees are great.

$500 million? This is an excellent example of how you and other TWAers grossly inflate the value of TWA's assets in order to justify your attempted (and unsuccesful) rape of nAAtives. As one of your fellow TWAers stated, AA received around $220 million (not $500 million) for Worldspan which AA took possession of for the $200 million it dispersed to TWA to keep that airline on life support. Again, AA did not need TWA's European route authorities to start service to the EU countries due to open skies. Those TWA EU route authorities are about as valuable as those TWA stock certificates; WORTHLESS, not worth the paper they are printed on. I will say it again; TWA brought virtually nothing of value to the table; definitely not worth the price AA paid and very definitely not worth giving you DOH at the expense of nAAtives.

Also, I forgot to include the JFK hangar. Again, it was redundant so AA abandoned it.

You just display your ignorance and hate over and over again.

You just display your ignorance and hate over and over again.

Ah Bill, they just didn't understand that I was using the "exchange rate" that is used for disussing the negatives from the AA-TWA acquisition. Besides, you can't put a price on the most valuable asset acquired, the employees. Top pay for some, but well deserved.
There is a perception that ALL of the TWA employees were at top pay scale. Not so. Oh well, back to the topic. AA-CAL, could be a good thing?

nbmcg01 said:
Well said, just as America's diversity has made her great, so goes American.

Let's focus on the big prize, that is, keeping this AA franchise going.

Let's forgo this " lunch-pail" menatlity, and see the benefits of this new alliance with CO and BA.

AA-CO would be bad, and I don't think either carrier is interested in combining forces on anything except a marketing front.

CO joining oneworld would be good for both companies and oneworld as a whole. Plus, CO gives us a better corporate discount than AA does.

CO sure has had it's ups and downs over the years. They've gone from "the" bird to fly to absolute crap and back again. Merging would not be wise and I'm not so sure about OW either. Co is due for one of it's infamous downturns anytime now.

CO sure has had it's ups and downs over the years. They've gone from "the" bird to fly to absolute crap and back again. Merging would not be wise and I'm not so sure about OW either. Co is due for one of it's infamous downturns anytime now.

strangely enough, I'm following your logic and agreeing with it. :blink:

I would agree with you if Frank Lorenzo were still allowed anywhere within 50 miles of the Continental Tower in Houston. I think Bethune managed to save this airline from the abyss and in the process of doing so permanently changed the airline's culture for the better. I don't think the Texas Air days will ever return to CO, thank god.

Getting back on topic, is it possible that AA will use its new JFK terminal to service only the major business centers of the world and funnel traffic to the secondary cities of Europe to CO through EWR? Given the recent capacity constraints at JFK, it seems AA will be unable to add flights to the smaller EU cities like the ones CO serves from EWR. Is it also possible that BA can see itself feeding COs vast number of domestic cities through EWR? EWR is a true NYC area hub where AA at JFK is just a very large focus city.

Uh.... nice * * * BUT * * * You really need to

GET A LIFE
!