Contract Maintenance screwup again!

usjacket

Senior
Aug 30, 2002
Wow, how much revenue is lost when a 767 (ACFT 645) sits in CLT for a week+ getting repaired from damage incurred at a 3rd part maintenance facility. I hope the bean counters add this up next time they decide to chop heads of our maintenance personnel!!!! :angry:

Wow, how much revenue is lost when a 767 (ACFT 645) sits in CLT for a week+ getting repaired from damage incurred at a 3rd part maintenance facility. I hope the bean counters add this up next time they decide to chop heads of our maintenance personnel!!!! :angry:

I have held my tongue on this particular subject for days now...I was wondering how long it would take for someone to bring this up?

Yup...BFM has really screwed the pooch on this one. Quality Control my A$$ :down:

What about all the in house union screwups? How do they happen? Most all 3rd party vendors hire your ex-union buddies who have been laid off so are they now somehow un-qualified? The same FAA that regulates you regulates them. You would agree that third party MX vending has seen a tremendious increase in the last 10 years and that US airline safety is at an all time high. Hum? How does one square those facts with nice little slogans? ;)

What about all the in house union screwups? How do they happen? Most all 3rd party vendors hire your ex-union buddies who have been laid off so are they now somehow un-qualified? The same FAA that regulates you regulates them. You would agree that third party MX vending has seen a tremendious increase in the last 10 years and that US airline safety is at an all time high. Hum? How does one square those facts with nice little slogans? ;)

In-House screw-ups? Got any recent examples?

Ex-Union workers at 3rd parties...who screwed up and created that enviroment?

Safety is at an all time high due to a number of factors...One being fewer planes flying..so of course the incident ratio will decline in perportion.

3rd party work is having to be re-done so frequently..that the planes are seeing more sets of eyes on them. BFM is creating an entirely new phase at U...the Re-work and Re-Inspection Dept.

Nice try Shill....sub-standard work out of BFM is costing us all.

my dad told me about this, the landing gear bushings etc were screwed up REALLY badly

cant anyone tell doug parker what is hapening ?

Heres the story on the floor. Our 3rd party mtc made a boo-boo when working on our aircraft's gear doors. They arrived damaged on the inbound flight. We started working on the doors and we messed them up three times as bad when we did a gear swing.

Safety is at an all time high due to a number of factors...One being fewer planes flying..so of course the incident ratio will decline in perportion.

Well, one would assume that with all the parked AC that there are fewer planes but the number of pax is at an all time high. And the ATC systems is back to pre 911 days as for as being maxed out. No flying is safer so one can assume that they outsourcing has not had a negative safety impact. I do think the FAA oversite of 3rd party shops needs to be increased. The FAA has 75% of it's staff at Airlines and 25% at the vendors even though the amount of work done is almost the opposite %.

Listen junior, I much rather have our own maintance working on my airplane, I have not had a problem in 25 yrs. There have been to many problems with the outsourced people we use. !!!!!!!!

Heres the story on the floor. Our 3rd party mtc made a boo-boo when working on our aircraft's gear doors. They arrived damaged on the inbound flight. We started working on the doors and we messed them up three times as bad when we did a gear swing.

"The Story on the Floor". Exactly what floor is that? The PIT Floor? You folks in PIT are the greatest at rumor mongering. Just giving credit where credit is due. :rolleyes:

I'm willing to bet...between the two of us , I'm the only one whom has even looked at the damage that has taken place...and it's painfully obvious as to why it did. Being able to understand the difference between L/H from R/H goes along ways in this business. :D

The plane was damaged goods the minute the gear was lowered in-bound to CLT...or possibly the moment the gear was retracted leaving BFM.

The Gear door fittings were improperly installed in opposite side order..as the panels between the main and auxillary spars on both wings were damaged beyond repair , not to mention the delamination that occured to the gear doors themselves.

The folks in BFM did not pay attention to detail...and likely avoided a gear swing where a gear swing should have been performed...otherwise the Acft would have been damaged even before it departed BFM.

Par usual...U is saddled with having to make it right In-House...as the Out-House literally and figureatively stinks !! :p

PHANTOM,

Management wanted to do away with the test hop after a heavy visit some years ago. Their theory was to accomplish the test hop on the first leg of a revenue flight :shock: !!

It's all about the money. The airline philosophy these days is this:

It's cheaper to occasionally pay out an insurance claim for loss of life (CRASH) as opposed to paying for getting the stuff done right the first time. FAA oversight is a crock of ####!!! Who is watching overseas?????? Ask NWA, UAL and JetBlue.

You management-stooges know how this is the truth :angry: Sooner or later blood will be on your hands <_< .

"The Story on the Floor"........... the gear was retracted leaving BFM.
........Par usual...U is saddled with having to make it right In-House...as the Out-House literally and figureatively stinks !! :p
So what about the part about the gear having triple the damage after the BFM screw-ups were corrected by CLT mechanics and the gear swung in CLT. Was that incorrect?

Back