Northwest Maintenance

No and no. I think that if they are going to run such a lean maintenance program that they should be able to track their non-reving mechanics. Two days ago there were four mechanics non-reving on the same flight to MEM in MEM we then boarded went to four different destinations. At least two thirds of NWA's maintenance force is commuting. So on any given day there is a substantial work force non-reving, I just think that it is something they should consider doing.
NWA hasnt had a lean maintaince program since Aug of 2005. it occurred the moment AMFA went on strike. IF they do consider it, may be they would fire them and bring back the real unionized mechanics. the way I see it they cant exit ch11 until they resolve the dispute with AMFA. But knowin them crooked cronies they dont have any intention on doing so

No and no. I think that if they are going to run such a lean maintenance program that they should be able to track their non-reving mechanics. Two days ago there were four mechanics non-reving on the same flight to MEM in MEM we then boarded went to four different destinations. At least two thirds of NWA's maintenance force is commuting. So on any given day there is a substantial work force non-reving, I just think that it is something they should consider doing.
You mean four SCABS non-reving!!!

Yea fanlube, that is exactly what I mean. I am very impressed with your reading comprehension. Thank you for your worthless input.
fanlube's input is actually more worth writing on here than reading half of which you write. if I was a gate agent at NWA i sure as heck wouldnt put them scabs on the plane due to w/b issues regardless of wether it is a full boat or a half open boat

It sounds like a really good idea to me. You should propose the idea to your manager and see if it something that is operationally feasible. It is that type of creative thinking and helpful attitude that is going to help NWA survive.

I'm sure there could be some sort of "on-call" program set up to make a system like that work. They'd just need to create a simple centralized database that could be accessed and updated by the mechanics showing when/where they expect to be non-reving.

Definetely talk to your manager about it, or if he/she is not helpful, then to someone else that could get the ball rolling on implementing something. It seems crazy to me to not utilize the guys that are willing to help out when they are commuting.