Corporate Culture Survey/Employee Survey

If the poll is an honest attempt to seek the truth then these so called managers trying to sweep the problem under the rug will eventually be exposed. If the same poll is given next year, or in 6 months and the results are the same I wouldn't want to be one of the managers trying to explain "I thought things would be better" "I was proactive" "It's not my fault"....Fool me once shame on you...Fool me twice shame on me. It may take sometime to expose these problems, but if things are being swept under the rug it will begin to smell sooner or later.

Got onto theHub today and was asked to participate in the Corporate Culture survey. I already had, but since they are so interested in my opinion I clicked on it, participated again and it respectfully accepted it.

At the risk of being considered incessantly negative, again, for asking questions, I have another one.

Statistically, what is the value of a poll relying on voluntary participation where any one can vote as often as they want?

The value it may serve for managment who are in negotiations with transition proposals is...If everyone is happy and morale is good at these low wages with benefit increases, then there is no need to make any improvements in your CBAs.

If the poll is an honest attempt to seek the truth then these so called managers trying to sweep the problem under the rug will eventually be exposed. If the same poll is given next year, or in 6 months and the results are the same I wouldn't want to be one of the managers trying to explain "I thought things would be better" "I was proactive" "It's not my fault"....Fool me once shame on you...Fool me twice shame on me. It may take sometime to expose these problems, but if things are being swept under the rug it will begin to smell sooner or later.
In this case no one stays in this position very long and since according to another thread another position has opened up. I think this managment wants that job and if its not given will begin to look at other options. We'll wait this one out again, kinda like the weather. And Eric, you should know how many surveys there have been and what have been the direct results? Zippo. Management has probably been given directives but its all been lip service. Regards, Mama

to the wonderful employees of usairways.
please take time to complete the employee survey...let your voice be heard...promise...they are listening.
:down:
To the best of my knowledge, management has not listened or implemented anything from any survey that they initiated. Pure and simple. I took this survey(after all, if you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem), without the ability to comment, the range and content of the survey is laughable. Mgt's attitude is give them a survey, let them think that we give a hoot and press on with what we have always been doing. Tell them that it is an anonymous survey, but make them use their employee number to get into the site, that alone gives me a warm fuzzy and makes me trustful.

The value it may serve for managment who are in negotiations with transition proposals is...If everyone is happy and morale is good at these low wages with benefit increases, then there is no need to make any improvements in your CBAs.

Valid point PITbull. I truly hope this is not the intention of the survey. It appears the survey focuses on effective communication more so than job satisfaction. The company really has gone out of it's way to communicate merger events and progress and it appears it is seeking feedback on the effectivness of thier efforts. However, your point certainely is one that deserves cautious consideration. I'll never forget a survey given to all in my career field about our jobs and our intentions to reenlist. Before taking the survey I asked the question whether or not the survey would be used to adjust reenlistment bonuses. I was told "no, of course not". Suspecting a rat, I tried my best to get the folks taking the survey to at least mark "undecided" but noone thought it would affect our reenlistment bonus. One month later the reenlistment bonuses dropped 8,000 bucks. Go figure. Expensive lesson for about 100 techs. "Squeaky Wheels Get Oil".

Wish they had a place for comments to go along with the poll.I heard that the company is not hearing much from the east coast employees.I hope everyone does the survey.

I understood that it was the West employees that are failing to participate, so don't believe everything that you hear.

In my department this survey is discussed on a daily basis. Although participation is high we all agree that this survey is too general and without the ability to add comments what good will actually come of it.

Management may feel that they can get what they need from this type of survey, but many of the employees that I have spoken with feel that the questions don't give a accurate portrayal of the culture at local departmental levels.

One example is a question "I know what is expected of me".
High marks in this area may not be a good thing if one is expected to keep their mouth shut and do exactly what they are told, as is such in my Sta./Dept.

linemech

I did the survey, as I do every time they give us one out West, (which seems like almost every year).
I don't really recall ever seeing any published results from previous surveys, nor seeing much change in how my dept is managed.
I've never really seen anything change to show my group that we are actually valued. Actually, just more and more daily nagging, "Don't do this, and don't do that; Don't make any decisions on your own; don't use your common sense; you made a pax mad by enforcing an FAR so here's a letter for your file, blah, blah, blah..."
Course, we are under A. Mule', and nothing will improve as long as he's around.

In my department this survey is discussed on a daily basis. Although participation is high we all agree that this survey is too general and without the ability to add comments what good will actually come of it...

linemech

The survey did suggest that question/comments about the survey be sent to corporate commnunications. I'll suggest that future surveys devote additional questions to differences in how the employee perceives the company as a whole as compared to his/her work location and dept.

This survey is a good start. A mgr for jetBlue to me that they have been doing employee surveys since day one and that the results are indeed taken seriously. I hope that US will as well.

Valid point PITbull. I truly hope this is not the intention of the survey. It appears the survey focuses on effective communication more so than job satisfaction. The company really has gone out of it's way to communicate merger events and progress and it appears it is seeking feedback on the effectivness of thier efforts. However, your point certainely is one that deserves cautious consideration. I'll never forget a survey given to all in my career field about our jobs and our intentions to reenlist. Before taking the survey I asked the question whether or not the survey would be used to adjust reenlistment bonuses. I was told "no, of course not". Suspecting a rat, I tried my best to get the folks taking the survey to at least mark "undecided" but noone thought it would affect our reenlistment bonus. One month later the reenlistment bonuses dropped 8,000 bucks. Go figure. Expensive lesson for about 100 techs. "Squeaky Wheels Get Oil".

Exactly! B)

Somebody got up on the wrong side of the litter box didn't they?

OHHH Waiter, A fresh bowl of Cat Chow, saucer of warm milk and a fresh litter box please,

Technicly this is a different topic since the OP stated that the survey could in theory be rigged by employees voting twice as opposed to the survey itself, thus the sub title "Vote early & Often"

After researching the email address attached to the survey, I replied by congradulating the survey author but also pointing out the limitations of a yes no survey.

I wrote Larry LeSueur, vice president of Cultural Integration, the survey author with a long litany of problems as viewed out the cockpit window. I advised him that this was my small outlook on the world, which will sometimes be off because I don't see the big picture, but sometimes right on.

The letter got longer and longer and I tried to be as proactive as possible. I tried to address issues on a general basis and not bash any employee group unduly.

Larry responded and will be sharing my observations with Vice President of Flight Ops, Ed Bular, and others.

My advice to you is to write a letter to [email protected] and tell how you see the state of the airline from your perspective.

I can't hurt.

After taking the survey, I wrote comments (a LOT of them) to the address provided and got an almost immediate answer. I was impressed with the action-oriented response I received.