Council 90 Update

ableoneable

Veteran
May 6, 2007
Council 90 UPDATE
July 12, 2007

July 12, 2007

Dear Fellow Pilots,

You recently received a letter from the USAirline Pilots Association asking for your support. The letter makes many promises for a brighter future with a union that promises to solve many of the problems we have faced in our years as US Airways pilots.

Rather than defend ALPA or argue the merits of keeping ALPA we want to discuss the merits of changing unions at this critical juncture in our history.

ALPA is our collective bargaining agent. If we change bargaining agents, our contract will stay in place, as will the Nicolau award. If we dump ALPA all we have done is fire one agent and hire a new one. Changing horses in the middle of a race will take lots of time and money. Changing collective bargaining agents at this critical juncture may trigger rather than nullify the application of the Nicolau award.

We are using the ALPA organizational structure to fight the Nicolau award in court, while demanding that National ALPA honor their merger policy. We believe it would be in our collective best interests to let the process play out before we decide to change our representation.

The Nicolau award does not comply with ALPA Merger Policy and this is unprecedented in the history of this pilot group and our union. Dumping ALPA will not solve the seniority problem or give us any additional resources to right the wrongs of the Nicolau Award.

You ultimately will decide if the Airline Pilots Association continues to represent us. If this process does not yield a fair and equitable seniority list as required by ALPA’s Merger Policy, they will no longer deserve our dues dollars.

Understand that your elected USAirways ALPA officials represent you first. ALPA is a distant second. We represent what is in the best interest of our pilot group. With that in mind, we urge patience, perseverance, unity, resolve, and collective action to achieve our goals. We believe dumping ALPA at this time is counterproductive.

Fraternally,

Marshall Rogers
[email protected]

Lance Svendsen
[email protected]

Lyle Newman
[email protected]

Kudos to those guys for showing some leadership. It takes alot of guts and integrity to get in front of an issue like that.

sure takes some guts to say "we represent the pilot group" and then stick it to the close to age 60 crowd---not to mention other actions some ALPO MEC members have done and sad but true will do in the future to the pilot group---some great work is done by ALPO members but the MEC and its great wisdom wrecks it all--my .02$

These 90 guys are very weak on every issue. They are only concerned with their ALPA positions. They know they will be on the outside, looking in at USAPA.

Kudos to those guys for showing some leadership. It takes alot of guts and integrity to get in front of an issue like that.

Somehow I already knew you would fit in with council 90. Maybe you should purchase a "captain's house" in CLT since your line holder captain seat is gonna be yours by the end of the summer. :lol:

Somehow I already knew you would fit in with council 90. Maybe you should purchase a "captain's house" in CLT since your line holder captain seat is gonna be yours by the end of the summer. :lol:

I guess you didn't sense my sarcasm.

You can keep CLT - people talk funny there and it's not near anything that's important to me. PHX works just fine for me.

I guess you didn't sense my sarcasm.

You can keep CLT - people talk funny there and it's not near anything that's important to me. PHX works just fine for me.

Whatduyu meen pard? I think you'uns tawk funy.

I just had a long layover in PHX. Forgive me, but I can't see the attraction. Beautiful, but TOO HOT!

A320 Driver B)

I just had a long layover in PHX. Forgive me, but I can't see the attraction. Beautiful, but TOO HOT!
A320 Driver B)
Good! Make sure you tell your friends that too because there are already too many people out here!! :)

Whenever someone asks me about living in PHX I always make sure to emphasize the "long and oppressive" summers. I conveniently forget to fill them in on the rest of the year. I will say PHX is an acquired taste. You must like the desert and lots of brown on the mountains around here.

Good! Make sure you tell your friends that too because there are already too many people out here!! :)

Whenever someone asks me about living in PHX I always make sure to emphasize the "long and oppressive" summers. I conveniently forget to fill them in on the rest of the year. I will say PHX is an acquired taste. You must like the desert and lots of brown on the mountains around here.

Awesome brew pubs and restaurants though. I'll be back out there later in the month. Love the local brews!

A320 Driver B)

A320 Driver B)

Haven't been anywhere in CLT other than the airport. I'm sure there's reason why it's a senior base.

These 90 guys are very weak on every issue. They are only concerned with their ALPA positions. They know they will be on the outside, looking in at USAPA.

"Weak on every issue"?

What happened? I thought that the mighty East Crusaders were united as one, ready to repel the invading hordes of West Barbarians with a show of both force and unity the likes of which the world hasn't seen since General Eisenhower's Allied Forces landed on the beaches of Normandy?

"Weak on every issue"?

What happened? I thought that the mighty East Crusaders were united as one, ready to repel the invading hordes of West Barbarians with a show of both force and unity the likes of which the world hasn't seen since General Eisenhower's Allied Forces landed on the beaches of Normandy?

I think he was talking about the two "reps". Their duplicity and willingness to keep a job at any price is well known, company-wide, proving, once again, that grossly impaired intellectual capability is not an issue to holding office in CLT.

Haven't been anywhere in CLT other than the airport. I'm sure there's reason why it's a senior base.

No, no reason, it sucks, really, you want to stay in PHX. That European flying, yeah it sucks too, you won't want to do that-it'll kill ya. CLT A330, man, you guys really, really want to stay away from that!

Latest posts

Back