Ctd's Great Western Tour 2003

You say BONUS eh? What bloody bonus? The only bonus I got was the 'private viewing' of his 'Old Folks Card' that Downwash has acquired. That together with the comment, "just wait a while longer for yours" :D . Contrary to any possible rumours that may have started, Valemount is not the western HQ of the 'Over The Hill Gang'.

Nice running into you CTD. As you probably noticed, I was in 'operational mode' so apologies on not socializing more. I'm more than sure that Downwash and 407 Driver made up for any contibution I might have contributed. You were definitely in good hands with those two. :up:

Note to file: The average age of our contract pilots for next year needs to be dropped by a minimum of 10 or 15 years. B)

Well the Great One has come and gone.

It was a pleasure having him and we had a fantastic evening indulging in ales and laughter. He was quite soaked when he arrived as his last 2 days of travel were nothing but rain so we fed him, changed him and warmed him up with a hot tub and sauna. :up:

Thank God for sick days! :p

R B)

Sick days indeed you lightweight. I had to drive 1000kms in the rain.

Had a grand time chez Rosco, and was treated to all the above-mentioned goodies. Also, it's a good thing that beer comes in 28 cases now, what would we have done without those extra 4? Thanks again Dude, it was a blast.

Here's Mini-Rosco giving the thumbs-up while he contemplates asking for a new bike...

So, the Great Western Tour is over. Thanks again to everyone who treated us so well, it was an awesome trip. Thanks to Rosco for the shipping assist - without that, the trip would not have happened. FYYFF. B)

Hightower - you need to post the shot of the Lowtower on his new toy.... I don't have a copy of that one.

TWINSTAR!!! You're right - I figured that one out when I pulled over to call you outside Brandon and realized that your area code was funny. My bad and my loss.

In the next few posts, I'll put up some shots from the trip, enjoy...

The first night in BC, at 407 Driver's house. Nice to see him chipping in with the kitchen duties. Note the variety of bevvies in the foreground. Sadly, most did not survive.

The view from 407's back yard... This guy makes it all look easy.

On to the Icefield Parkway. I didn't feel the need to go for a hike at 7000' in my biking gear, but SWMBO wanted to walk on the Athabasca Glacier, so guess what we did?

Heading into a thunderstorm on the Icefield Parkway. Yippee.

On to the Yellowhead Trail, and a visit with the distinguished Mr. Downwash. Here, I was introduced to a new treat, but was uncharacteristically well-behaved. I think I may have been intimidated by the aura.

Check out this picnic table. The picture only shows about a quarter of it - it's MASSIVE. Great visit Sir, thanks for making time from your incredibly busy schedule.

Down to Whistler for Labour Day weekend, and a visit with 4961, Mrs 4961 (hereinafter refered to as 4962), and Big Leo. A fire patrol provided an excellent opportunity for a tour of Garibaldi and area. Another amazing back yard, if you like peaks and glaciers, that is ;)

Latest posts