Ctd's Great Western Tour 2003

i agree that those were great pics too, CTD... looks like you and SWMBO had a great trip!! :up:

we'll hook up for sure if you do this again or if i find myself in you're part of the country... and i don't doubt the wires got a little crossed or plain shook to hell thanks to the land of potholes!!! and you were on our good road!!! :blink:

hey CTD, sounds like you had an awesome trip. it's too bad the fires in alberta kept us from hooking up but there's always next time.............

the pics are awesome. nice to put faces to some of those we correspond with on the forum..............

the rains have hit, snow in some areas, the fires are out and the birds are back at the barn.............

hmm, now what do we do????? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Here are our names from the deck photo CTD took.
In Astar direction starting with the foreground:
My 6 month old, with father in-law, SWMBO, moi, my SWMBO, John Vates (Airborne Flight Training), Rod Watt (CHL - YVK) and ma in-law. Some you may know.

This is a rose of a post surrounded by thorny posts of doom and gloom.

Hey CTD

In the pic of your motorcycle throttle there is some kind of lever lookin' thing. Is that a form of cruise control type device?

100', Astar direction??? is that straight down??? :D :D Tell Rodney that I thought he was your Grandfather, I never even recognized him, he looks so OLD :D Probably his early aging is due to flying an 18,000 hr CHL 206 and dealing with the Bob twins.... ;)

CTD and SWMBO, it was a pleasure having you stop by, sorry that we didn't have any more time to partake of old Scotches, etc.

407 - remind me to talk to you next week about the Bruichladdich.

Donny - the tab on the throttle is called a "Throttle Rocker", and is available at most bike shops. It is a rest for the wrist, so you don't have to grip the throttle for long periods. The stainless knurled bit on the outboard end of the throttle is a friction for the same reason. Together, they're really nice on long trips, and the rocker itself is awesome on roads like this......

Firstly I too would like to say that I was a pleasure to have You and SWMBO here at the shack. A highlight in a summer that had too much work and not enough play. As for the pictures that have been posted, it seems to me that they are only telling half the story. I'll try to fill in the other half from the Whistler stop anyway.

Summer two person dryland bobsled, a trial sport for the next summer games.

He offered me a straight trade bike for bike, but with no footpegs for two up, the deal fell through.

It wasn't all drinking and eating, we did send the couple whitewater rafting for the day. They had a blast, just look at their faces. :p

Ha you beat me to it, that's a classic, I was going to hold out for money not to post that one, jokes on me. The line of the night when CTD hit the wall "bzzzrpt raygun flagpole hardlanding, fffrmpt bed now!" :wacko:

Dang. Never leave your pictures on your buddy's hard drive....
jpshakehead.gif

Hey, I thought you said that!!

Here's MiniTower, smallest of the HighTower brood, deciding he wants one for Christmas. Red please, Dad.
hyper.gif