Cuban Missle crissis refresher

I am sure they would have at least fired a warning shot, at worst just popped you in the leg or ass. I still hink you should have gone for it. Think of the fire side stories you could tell now.

Like you'd have the balls to find out.

I distinctly remember those days lining up in the hall against the wall and covering the back

of my neck...should have been covering my ass......and other times hiding under my desk..

Makes a young one wonder WTF.....hence my infatuation with what a nuke is and how they work.

Nice little thingies for a young one to contemplate at such an early age....I can remember thinking

"something must be quite f*cked up to do this"....even though I had no real reason to think that way.

Was in Miss Kitzmullers 7th grade science class at 1:35pm when the news came down

about Johnny getting wacked in Dallas. :(

Chicken :ninja:

You guys are funny not being in the military during the cold war.
Get your ruck sack out at O'Dark thirty and have your bags packed, Honey Sacked, and ready to roll in 30 Minitues.
Sitting on the Pope runway loading a C5A, You are all a bunch of ChickenHawks!!! :down:

B) UT

Speak for yourself.

US NAVY Nuclear Submarine SSBN. (that's all you need to know...Supremely qualified. The ULTIMATE deterrent! My service to my nation is un dying.)

Speak for yourself.

US NAVY Nuclear Submarine SSBN. (that's all you need to know...Supremely qualified. The ULTIMATE deterrent! My service to my nation is un dying.)

I know you squids have a propensity not to be direct, so could you please clarify your 'shot over the bow'.... :p

B) UT

I distinctly remember those days lining up in the hall against the wall and covering the back
of my neck...should have been covering my ass......and other times hiding under my desk..
And the teacher having a file that stated how far each kid's home was from the school and how long it took them to get there. The deal was that if they got enough warning about incoming missiles, they would send you home to hide in a basement rather than under your desk.

And the teacher having a file that stated how far each kid's home was from the school and how long it took them to get there. The deal was that if they got enough warning about incoming missiles, they would send you home to hide in a basement rather than under your desk.
Not in Florida. We didn't have basements.

Not in Florida. We didn't have basements.

Yea thats something that seems to be rare in the south. Though I was to young to remember the Cuban missle crisis, I do remember my dad herding us to the storm cellar everytime a severe thunderstorm was on the horizon.

So that means myself and maybe 75 others had the privilege of getting vaporized at home

with Mom ?While all the others(400) had to buy it at school?Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.

Look dear.....whats that?

Back