Customer Service Still an Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparrowHawk

Veteran
Nov 30, 2009
This just in from the No Kidding? Really? Department!I realize this is bit late but than so are a lot of things

Phoenix Business Journal - by Kristena Hansen

Kate Hanni was involuntarily bumped off US Airways flights in Phoenix not once, but twice, because those flights were oversold.

It took her nearly 36 hours to get from one end of the country to the other -- without weather delays -- and in the wake of that ordeal, she put her foot down.

“I haven’t flown with US Airways since,â€￾ said Hanni, founder of FlyersRights.org, a nonprofit that represents airline passengers. She also canceled her frequent flyer membership with the carrier.

Stories like Hanni’s have become increasingly familiar among travelers, and Tempe-based US Airways isn’t the only one taking heat from disgruntled customers.

Edited by moderator. The posting of entire articles are not permitted. (See board rules) You may post the link to the remainder of the article.

Just three words " America West Management"

Hmmm....

“US Airways’ overall customer satisfaction has been steadily declining for the past four years,â€￾ said Dale Haines, senior director of travel and hospitality practices at J.D. Power.

Oddly, when I worked for AWA we got JD Power awards. Since we merged with US things have gone downhill. I'm not saying the East side is responsible. I AM, however, saying that blaming it on AWA management is an entirely unqualified comment. Besides, is the US senior management was so great at running an airline, how come US went bankrupt twice and that management (or members that replaced those from BK) are no longer here? Blaming it on the AWA management is wrong. This has more to do with the Company combined not one side or the other.

Whatever policies and procedures BOTH sides had in the past (when we were both spectacular airlines :bleh: :blink: ), who has decided the current rules we're working with? Who decided what fantastic computer equipment (both CS and Maint) were to use? Who decided.....oh never mind, you're right it must be something else.... :ph34r:

Hmmm....

Oddly, when I worked for AWA we got JD Power awards. Since we merged with US things have gone downhill. I'm not saying the East side is responsible. I AM, however, saying that blaming it on AWA management is an entirely unqualified comment. Besides, is the US senior management was so great at running an airline, how come US went bankrupt twice and that management (or members that replaced those from BK) are no longer here? Blaming it on the AWA management is wrong. This has more to do with the Company combined not one side or the other.

Thank you---you took the words right outta my mouth. Alot of the old AWA have left the building...sadly....

All I can say is look at who is the source of this "complaint".. Kate Hanni!! I don't think there is one airline out there that can ever do any good in her eyes. She has issues with AA, DL, US, etc.. Any complaint she has should not be taken all that seriously!!

All I can say is look at who is the source of this "complaint".. Kate Hanni!! I don't think there is one airline out there that can ever do any good in her eyes. She has issues with AA, DL, US, etc.. Any complaint she has should not be taken all that seriously!!

Typical "Blame the customer" response! Most of the article doesn't deal with Kate Hanni.

Do you work with Morgan Durant? Sure sounds like it.

Shoot the Messenger. Solve the problem.

I like the part in the article where the spokesperson talks about having fewer passengers allows better customer service. Is there a method to the madness?

IIRC, both airlines were running a shabby operation in the last decade that deserved no pride and this was well before the merger and after. US Airways and America West were made for each other. Two losers that went together to the prom as no one else wanted to take them.

Hopefully the moderators will shut this thread down as it is just east/west bickering. I'm sick of it. Don't know about anyone else.

Just three words " America West Management"

How 'bout "general Airline Industry" ... Go take a walk around your local airport, I bet you will actually find that other airlines oversell their flights, too! What a concept! An involuntary denied boarding is NOT unique to US Airways. Southwest does it too, ... they all do. It is how airlines add to the revenue pot. Not a novelty for those just opening their eyes to oversells and denied boardings.

It IS too bad to see that nearly 5 years after the announced merger, we are no closer to combined pilot/F.A. workgroups and the East/West bickering is still rampant. The novelty of that died a while ago too.... yawn.

Typical "Blame the customer" response! Most of the article doesn't deal with Kate Hanni.

Do you work with Morgan Durant? Sure sounds like it.

In this case its not blaming the customer at all. Its blaming some big mouth that had her 15 minutes of fame, lost it, then has been trying to regain that fame since she lost it. She needs to give it up...

Also, what purpose does it serve to make this discussion personal???

Status
Not open for further replies.