Cwa...any New On Todays Meetings

Res

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Res agents are leaving everyday, it's now like a revolving door...can't imagine what went on at todays meetings...Rumor has it that reservations management is awaiting buyouts in January...? any truth to the rumor...?

Res said:
Res agents are leaving everyday, it's now like a revolving door...can't imagine what went on at todays meetings...Rumor has it that reservations management is awaiting buyouts in January...? any truth to the rumor...?
[post="197926"][/post]​

January would be about right- the San Salvador res center should be up and running by then.

San Salvador Res.....LMFAO.....OMG, I don't know whats more pathetic the fact that they would do it or the service they'd get in return....

Speaking of south of the border .com help.....

I bet they don't provide them with computers...it's probably a cardboard box shaped like a computer monitor with pictures of the website glued to the front......

I say that because I used to speak to maybe 1 or 2 .com reps a shift on a bad day.....tonight I spoke to maybe 12 or 14 and and most callers said that all they did was transfer them to us, they said nobody attempted to help....

If were gonna waste money why don't we do something more dramatic like just shoot money out the tails of our planes as they fly overhead?

CynicalResAgent said:
San Salvador Res.....LMFAO.....OMG, I don't know whats more pathetic the fact that they would do it or the service they'd get in return....

They are doing it. Reservations training staff are going there to train them on care, in order for them to handle both .com and reservations calls. I would say one of the res offices will be history as soon as that piece is in place.

I can just hear it now...a (customer) says..."Hey pal, can ya book a flight for me, to go to the Daytona 500? "....

The San Salvador agent replies...."You say...You... h-a-v-e five h-u-n-d-r-e-d people...to..GO...to Dayton?...Is dat..D-a-y-t-o-n, Penn...cil...vania?... Ohio ?...We have no planes....No have..room...for 500...seats...."....to Day...ton..."

(Customer) "Forget it, I'll call another airline".....

Today I spoke to (yes I kept a count) 14 people who were transferred from .com and all 14 complained about the accents and the fact that they had extreme difficulty dealing with the .com agents.

So, if the company does.......errrrrr, what the hell am I saying????

When the idiots in charge decide to contract out res to foreigners they will loose callers left and right.... So while they might be saving money they will loose revenue and productivity.

I know it is cold comfort, but those of you who believe that customers will turn to other airlines who have employees who can understand them and be understood are right. It's one thing to struggle with that sort of foolishness if one has no other choice, but when solving the problem only requires hanging up and calling another company...

"If were gonna waste money why don't we do something more dramatic like just shoot money out the tails of our planes as they fly overhead"?

You already do, as does most airlines, except we send them out through the engine:)