Cwa, Afa, & Iam Updates

you are right, they will go in and lay off half the staff at all the staions, week later, say oh we made a mistake, come back at starting wages

hopethingswillbeok said:
you are right, they will go in and lay off half the staff at all the staions, week later, say oh we made a mistake, come back at starting wages
[post="200130"][/post]​

To keep this from happening, why can't CWA insist on a clause which states return to bottom of scale only after "X" amount of time between furlough and recall???...IMO it should be at least 6 months to a year from furlough date.

fmc said:
If you take a furlough and then get recalled you start over at the bottom of the payscale so whats stopping the company letting you furlough short term and then say we need you back Oh by the way your new pay scale is 8.oo per hour quik way to cut costs
[post="200083"][/post]​

You can be assured that it will happen.

There were some CSAs that were supposed to be furloughed effective 11/8 in PHL. One day they would be told that they were being furloughed, then the next day they were told that they were staying. This went on for over a month. About three weeks ago they were told that they would be furloughed 11/7 and recalled 11/8. I don't know what the final outcome was, but it's a fact that the company was going to furlough one day and recall the next.

delldude said:
stop the bleeding???
i see about two options here.......
try to "limit" the bleeding by negotiations .....
or terminate the patient....
which do you think is the viable option?
[post="200081"][/post]​

Iprefer 'A', but I can live with 'B'.

Are you ok with the notion of there being no end in sight of the conversion of IAM-F from mainline to express?

Seems like fleet was all geared up to support mechs during the farmout; now we'd like some support on this deal.

TheStreet.com reported the CWA, meanwhile, said it wasn't surprised by the motion, as US Airways had indicated it would make such a move. "While notice of the motion went out, we were bargaining with the company this afternoon," said Candice Johnson, CWA spokeswoman. That's our focus -- reaching an agreement."

Complete Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Back to sticking your Nose where it doesn't belong again 320? I guess the group of employees that you spoke to in LGA the other day don't read your posts here. If they did, I would think they would have a few Choice commnets for you.

PineyBob said:
He is an employee of US Airways his nose belongs anyplace he choses to stick it. I am a customer who spends upward of 20K with US and my nose belongs anyplace I choose to stick it.

So I suggest you adjust your thinking
[post="200319"][/post]​

Really there Bob, why does a guy who still retains a $100k+ paycheck have the right to tell everyone else to eat crow? 320 is, and has been nothing more than an agitator on these boards since the Concession train left the station. He gives his opinion an subjects that have nothing to do with him or his Union. Many in his own
ALPA group would like to put a Gag order on him. It is not enough for him to shoot his mouth off and P-O his own Union, so he takes it a step further. If you read his post about the LGA folks just Loving the new Proposal, maybe you would understand better. He thinks nothing of the people who will get screwed even worse, because he didn't speak to any of them. What 320 never tells anyone here on this board is that he has an Interest in "2" Paychecks coming from this company. He can still live very well even after the 3rd round of cuts, while many here will be clinging to a $20k a year. I could care less about what ALPA, AFA, or the TWU members think, and I would NEVER tell them what is best for them. I only keep an eye on what the CWA is offered, as the IAM-FSA are usually offered the same type deal. 320 wants everyone else to "Take it in the Shorts" with a Smile to keep his Cash flow coming. By the way, didn't you leave the Boards a while back???

I am sorry to have to disagree with you Piney but Wings is right on this one......and welcome back.

PineyBob said:
He is an employee of US Airways his nose belongs anyplace he choses to stick it. I am a customer who spends upward of 20K with US and my nose belongs anyplace I choose to stick it.

So I suggest you adjust your thinking
[post="200319"][/post]​

I suggest you adjust your thinking. A320, you, or anyone else has no business telling other people what they should do or how they should think. What the affected people do or how they vote is their personal decision. They have a brain and can think for themselves.

Piney,
you need a life. I left the Company recently. One reason, I didn't care about customers anymore (after 20 years and more of better than average service). I don't belive that I am out of the norm. After being beaten over the head everyday with more depressing news, the customer no longer mattered. I don't believe that it is different for the ones that remain. You really are nothing more than a pain in the arse. Really, no one CARES what you think anymore! (if 5 people come to your defense I will be VERY surprised)
Herb K is a smart man. He knows take care of your employees and they in turn, look our for the customers. That is one very big reason southwest will always be successful.
The Company has stopped taking care of us........nothing good can be accomplished with what's left. Why don't you just cut the employees a break.
Your recent vacation from the board wasn't nearly long enough. Don't go away mad, just go away!

Father

PineyBob said:
Well if we follow your perverse logic then Bush and Kerry and all of their support groups would be unable to espouse their respective Points of View. After all I am an adult and no one should influence my thoughts.

See bucko your rights end where mine begin.
[post="200916"][/post]​

And the people at U are adults and no one should influence theirs. They are adults and your rights end where theirs begin. GOT IT... BUCKO.

Ok, PineyBob is right.

Now, most of the time he presents his view in the most aggravating, infuriating, and callous way. But we all know that the more facts, or views that are provided, the easier it is to make a good choice. Hopefully the correct choice.

So Bob, as much as you enjoy the intellectual fencing, let's not cause a poster to go postal, please.

A320 Pilot and Piney Bobonit are in the same position, They both have a very forthright position.

They want to tell people what to do because it is in their interest

Latest posts