Cwa, Afa, & Iam Updates

Great post Olivia.

You and I know they're retirement parties every day in Res. Time to take that into consideration. Offer buyout to others...especially those in INT and PIT who moved from closed res offices who just want a decent package for the "CAREER" they have dedicated their lives to and just want to go home.

Then figure out how much more "blood" you want from the remaining group and we'll talk!!

I think it still has some room for work, I'm an 87 hire date....so for me it would be a no vote...because of the outsourcing...I've moved twice for this company and I can't vote my job away even at the cost of saving others....maybe they should offer the buyout first then work on the numbers, to protect those still employed. Then have a cap on the number of outsourced jobs...just a thought.

Clearly we need additional agents in reservations as it stands now, and with the right buyout package we would create enough positions to outsource some of the calls to a vendor. So why don't they agree not to backfill the positions that will be created through attrition and early outs and outsource those jobs?

Hawk..
Are you refering to "we" as the group of people that got "us" into this mess.? The group who padded there pension accounts 1 week before BK2, took 23 million of our hard earned profits in the last year, got a 4% raise this year and then a 5% cut to look good, blame labor as the only "problem" at USAirways, and continue to make bad business decisions.

Now how much did AC make last year...? How much did "we" pay a new CFO..? Did our CEO take a cut..?

"We" have a general lack of direction and it's obvious to the labor force. Expecting "we" to actually make an effort in negotiations is a dream. "We" will hide from the problem and continue to seek help from a BK judge. But in time he will grow weary of your act, also

The excitement in Res yesterday over the new proposal wasn't because it was a good deal but because the agents were interpreting it as it will allow everyone the chance to get the hell out of there with some sort of benefit such as unemployment, severence or some type of buyout. PERIOD! Not many are willing to deal with all the crap from management and passengers at the new payrate let alone live on it for two or more years. It will never pass unless there is some guarantee of furlough with at least unemployment. The tension is rising at a fast pace and the indians are restless. Outsourcing can not come too soon!

PITbull said:
I think that CWA's strike vote had a BIG EFFECT on your managment to come to reasonability...quick! Huh? Still sucks though.

Me thinks IAM and AFA should also take a "strike ballot".

Yup, that's what me thinks.
[post="200012"][/post]​
Well Pitbull, "me" thinks you should sit back and relax and not worry. Its out of your control!

Rico said:
Just curious Wings...

Not sure where you live, but I am willing to bet your cost of living is far cheaper than for those who live in one of the hub/focus cities.

I do not suppose you took that into account when you proposed your level playing feild
[post="199987"][/post]​
While I am not in the center of the metropolitan area, I am within 1.5 hours in the Suburbs. Housing, Taxes, Heating fuel, Gas, Medical Ins. and food are comperable to the Hub areas. In that case, should the people in BOS, DCA,LGA and PHL get more per hour than those in CLT & FLL? As I have said in another post, the productivity from an agent in a Mid-Small sized Station is above those in a Hub or focus city. Being that you were with ALG, I would have thought you witnessed that in the past. Cleaning,Deicing,Catering, Load/Unload, OPS, R&D are all performed by EVERYONE. In C/S, they work the CTR, then off to the Gate, and then down to Baggage afterwards. Does Anyone in a Hub or Focus city do that? NO they don't, so why are they worth $6-$7 an hour more? With the Company wanting to operate an Unlimited amout of Mainline flight into Express stations, this plays an even bigger role. Is an agent that handles your EMB-170, be it on the ramp or at the gate worth $6-$7 an hour less than one who handles a 733 with more seats?
Expressing of the System has just become a Loophole for the Company to impose Low Wages upon the workforce. You don't see a separate Express operation at SWA, AWA, Airtran, or even JB do you?

I can not find the CWA's latest company proposal in it's entirety. Has it been posted anywhere? Does anyone know if the buyout has a transition period in which the company may keep you for up to 12 months? This was in the last CWA proposal dated 11-4-04. So what happens if the contract is voted in and they do not get the correct percentage of agents applying for the buyout? They just have to then stay or resign? So many unanswered questions. Lets see it. Thanks

First of all I think the fact that want to file the 1113c anyway shows me that this offer is just to show the impression that they bargining in good faith...
I don't like this one bit and it looks like more BS to me. We will see.
I would vote no because I don't think we should be loosing any senority or any of this 50% crap for sick day and loss of vacation I earned it .
The pay scale I can live with 18.60 but I want something in writing that states if they start raking it in we get to re-write this junk........

The buy out should have come 2 -4 years ago....They have always been behind ..never a leader always a follower....

P.S. I want this management team replaced by the judge..all of them....PERIOD

Hawk said:
We are trying extremely hard to achieve an agreement with all groups. Most of the three groups are trying too, especially the CWA. They should be commended for their effort. Our latest proposal is exceptional for them.

It's amazing how quickly a strike vote got your attention, eh?

We will protect the majority of reservation jobs and for those who aren't protected, they will receive a generous payout, medical benefits for a year and lifetime travel. This is a win-win situation for each side.

The alternative, which CWA acknowledges, is much worse, we could close a reservation office, relocate it to a location where commuting isn’t an option, and they just receive contractual severance, limited medical and limited travel. This isn’t a difficult choice for the majority agents. I expect that an agreement will be reached very shortly for this group.
[post="199975"][/post]​

"relocate it to a location where commuting is not an option." Ask the good people at Dell and Delta how many customers they lost by doing that, zippy. Offshoring leads to loss of premium revenue.

Now, if you geniuses had not tweaked EDS, perhaps you could have followed the fair-haired stepchild (Jetblue) as you profess you want to and had agents work from home. I'd bet that a bunch of people would be more than willing to take a 50% paycut to do so, but you guys never met a good technology that you did not screw up (on anything more complex than a toaster).

I must commend you, though--you never want to debate these issues--just swoop in, drop some "propoganda" and leave--so you are either a troll or a perfect practitioner of "seagull" management. The irony is stunning.

Sorry Doc, but you are NEVER going to see a provision allowing us to reopen any contract, they will be sure of that!!!!

You are also not going to see any replacement of top management, they're the ones telling the judge what to do.

Bottom line: You take the cuts, they reap the rewards. All life is cyclical, and no place is this more evident then in business. By the time anyone left would be getting a return, (2009) things will be on a downward swing, and they can cry poverty yet again, avoiding any need to give anything back.

wings396 said:
While I am not in the center of the metropolitan area, I am within 1.5 hours in the Suburbs. Housing, Taxes, Heating fuel, Gas, Medical Ins. and food are comperable to the Hub areas. In that case, should the people in BOS, DCA,LGA and PHL get more per hour than those in CLT & FLL? As I have said in another post, the productivity from an agent in a Mid-Small sized Station is above those in a Hub or focus city. Being that you were with ALG, I would have thought you witnessed that in the past. Cleaning,Deicing,Catering, Load/Unload, OPS, R&D are all performed by EVERYONE. In C/S, they work the CTR, then off to the Gate, and then down to Baggage afterwards. Does Anyone in a Hub or Focus city do that? NO they don't, so why are they worth $6-$7 an hour more? With the Company wanting to operate an Unlimited amout of Mainline flight into Express stations, this plays an even bigger role. Is an agent that handles your EMB-170, be it on the ramp or at the gate worth $6-$7 an hour less than one who handles a 733 with more seats?
Expressing of the System has just become a Loophole for the Company to impose Low Wages upon the workforce. You don't see a separate Express operation at SWA, AWA, Airtran, or even JB do you?
[post="200053"][/post]​

And don't forget. Mainline aircraft are flown by mainline crews and maintained by mainline mechs.

Only when it arrives at a station do express employees go to work.

CWA and IAM need to stop the bleeding on this deal.

If you take a furlough and then get recalled you start over at the bottom of the payscale so whats stopping the company letting you furlough short term and then say we need you back Oh by the way your new pay scale is 8.oo per hour quik way to cut costs

They need to protect everyone who is currently empolyed from out sourcing,
Anthing put out yet from the Cwa or do we have to read everything here first
as always