CWA local leader recommends...VOTE NO!!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/4/2003 1:08:56 PM deltawatch wrote:

A well managed company that cares about its employees and has been around for a while pays $25.00 an hour. Southwest

For the record in my city I could not find one agent that voted yes.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Because telling people you voted yes is not what you want to hear and they would probably rather not have that discusion with you so they told you what they wanted you hear. I for one voted Yes and so did all of my colleagues that want to have a job.

real world,

From out last round of exchanges, I was under the impression that you identified yourself as non-union management?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/4/2003 10:16:59 AM MrAeroMan wrote:

[

Did it ever occur to you as to what specialized training James has to make such a suggestion? My guess would be none. He was a agent that won an election and now he's got an office in a strip mall. That hardly gives him the expertise needed to make such a recommendation.

----------------
[/blockquote]

Aeroman - Go back and read the actual letter that James Root sent out. He never once recommended that anyone vote any particular way. He said that everyone should vote their own conscience...that for him, personally he had decided to vote no. This was AFTER the statement that the CWA recommnded a yes vote. James never recommended that anyone vote no. He has just reached the same point that a lot of people have...CWA members have given enough...it's time for someone with a pension to take one for the team. Thanks for your time.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/4/2003 11:04:08 AM Robc98 wrote:

well im done entertaining you with a tennis match here... we can go for days....i currently hold a position as an officer in this union ..i know a lot of what jim root has done and said all along for the last 3 years....ive disagreed with many of his thoughts and probably will continue....but i will always feel along with thousands of others that this mgmt team is bent on turning U into the walmart of airlines...for no reason other than there personal gains.....that being said I wish all your friends who are part of this airline all the luck and hopefully they have the seniority to keep their jobs when it is all said and done....i personally have not decided on whether to vote yes or no....im part of the new mainline/express division so my fate is sealed......
----------------
[/blockquote]
I never intended this to be a tennis match but I do appreciate the banter. There are always two sides to each discussion. You have made some good points and let me just say a couple more things. I thoroughly believe Wolfie and Gangwall were the worse thing to happen to this company. They saw an opportunity to come in and pretty the place up and sell it. Then all they would have to do is count how many millions of dollars they had to spend. Their tenure was nothing more and is one of the main reasons the unions and their leadership have a hard time believing what management says and rightfully so. It's a shame Wolf is still on the board. He should immediately resign if for nothing else than because of the mess he created. He's been the most disengenious man to head an airline EVER and they both should be locked up. I can understand why you feel the way you do. Many of my friends and relatives feel the same as you but they feel now isn't the time to kick the dog.
Unfortunately the trend for airlines is to lower their costs to compete with the low cost segment that is making up an ever greater portion of their route structure. What they have to do that SWA and JetBlue doesn't is pay off the huge debt they've run up over the years to fund operations. The former management also made some HUGE BLUNDERS. Biffeman points out some of them in another thread and is right on the money with his analysis. Unfortunately for Mr. Dave he's come in to finally clean the mess up and what a mess he's got on his hands. He's the right guy for the job in my opinion and I believe his plan will fly but not without some costs in jobs. The airline is definately worth saving and can prosper but it all hinges on that ATSB loan. Without that loan the other things fall apart and they won't give the loan without the remaining $200 million gap closed.
It sucks, no doubt. I wish you all the best in your choice. Do yourself a favor and take a look at what's available out there. If you find something great. You'll be much better off than what you feel you've got coming down the road now. If not maybe what U is offering can help tide you over till the economy turns and employment prospects brighten. Either way I wish you luck.

The United unions were told what their cuts had to be to get the loan guarantee/bankruptcy financing and elected to not provide the required cuts.

Now they are on the road to management proposed cuts deeper than those negotiated at US Airways, S.1113 hearings, fragmentation, and liquidation.

Bronner and the ATSB do not care about our feelings and the court has a primary responsibility to the creditors. Every union and its advisors who have access to confidential information/the financial books are recommending a yes vote. Why? The alternative of rejecting the agreements is worse for union members, plain and simple.

If you voted no I suggest you change your vote to yes or the ATSB and Bronner will say no, just like at United. Then US Airways' doors will close forever.

Chip

[/blockquote]
Aeroman - Go back and read the actual letter that James Root sent out. He never once recommended that anyone vote any particular way. He said that everyone should vote their own conscience...that for him, personally he had decided to vote no. This was AFTER the statement that the CWA recommnded a yes vote. James never recommended that anyone vote no. He has just reached the same point that a lot of people have...CWA members have given enough...it's time for someone with a pension to take one for the team. Thanks for your time.

----------------
[/blockquote]
Where does he say the CWA recommends a yes vote? I looked at the post on this thread and I can't find it.
You're right, he doesn't recommend a no vote but as a President of the local he used that office to show how he was voting and that is what is so irresponsible.