CWA vote in doubt

trvlr64

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
725
10
FLL
www.usaviation.com
Give it a rest already. Save your jobs, or at least some of them and keep USAirways flying. If you're that worried, move on, find a new job and quit moaning.

Bet you and Teddi Xidas are best friends too.
 

ISN

Member
Jan 11, 2003
24
0
Dear Members,
We think that there might be a challenge to the vote by some members who wanted to vote no but whose pin numbers didn''t work. Anyone who tried to vote no and couldn''t because of an invalid pin number needs to contact me at 703-980-8984 by Monday morning, 1/13. Only those people that attempted a no vote but the telephone or the website rejected their vote should call me. CWA prides itself in being a democratic union. Any vote challenge will be seriously examined by the President''s Office at CWA International.
In Solidarity,
Pam Terry President Cwa Local 2000.
 

usairrwe

Member
Aug 19, 2002
47
0
www.usaviation.com
[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/11/2003 6:25:16 PM trvlr64 wrote:

Give it a rest already. Save your jobs, or at least some of them and keep USAirways flying. If you're that worried, move on, find a new job and quit moaning.

Bet you and Teddi Xidas are best friends too.



----------------
[/blockquote]


wait a minute trvlr64... the votes in question should be revisited not just because it was close election but because its the right thing to do.. I personally know Pam and know that she is not doing this to change the outcome but she is doing this to make sure that those that really wanted to vote no could... there is a list of pin numbers that did not work (not found out until later)and only those people would be allowed to vote... its not for people to revote or change their minds but it giving those people effected to truly particapte.. I can only speculate as to why only the NO voters .... but from what I understand it was not alot of people involved..
 

AM49AAA

Member
Aug 20, 2002
92
0
Why wouldn't the message be for all voters who's pin didn't work and just the people who wanted to vote NO. Shouldn't the people who wanted to vote YES and had an invalid pin have there votes registerd too.
 

ISN

Member
Jan 11, 2003
24
0
All this could lead to a revote, next one being held in person the way the IAM votes. Boy was this a close one.

Someone needs to take a look at those hanging chads!
 

sdavis29

Advanced
Nov 13, 2002
222
0
www.usaviation.com
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/11/2003 8:25:57 PM ExitPointer wrote:
[P]Hope a CWA member can answer this.[BR][BR]With the AFA electronic voting, members were advised to call AFA Membership services immediately if they were unable to access the ballot (incorrect ID or PIN).[BR][BR]I would think that the CWA ballot instructions would have had a similar contact # for problems encountered in voting?[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]there is a number. it was aaa hotline[BR]i do believe there were some who got no info at all..i know i did not[BR]all the info i got i found on this site...otherwise i am still waiting for the mail[BR][BR]
 

cubfan02us

Member
Sep 10, 2002
93
0
What a joke,U is being assaulted from most
powerful forces.Delta,Continental,American,Northwest,
and all of their considerable lobby and your posting
this silly crap about pin numbers and no votes.

Dumb...
 
B

BottomFeeder

Guest
[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/11/2003 5:58:55 PM ISN wrote:

Dear Members,

We think that there might be a challenge to the vote by some members who wanted to vote "no" but whose pin numbers didn't work. Anyone who tried to vote "no" and couldn't because of an invalid pin number needs to contact me at 703-980-8984 by Monday morning, 1/13. Only those people that attempted a "no" vote but the telephone or the website rejected their vote should call me. CWA prides itself in being a democratic union. Any vote challenge will be seriously examined by the President's Office at CWA International.

In Solidarity,
Pam Terry President Cwa Local 2000.

----------------
[/blockquote]


ISN,


I understand the worry about not getting a vote. But your asking for only the NO voters is so ugly. Could you possible come up with any other reason.

Maybe all employees need to call the number and let her know how they feel about her lack of concern for the YES voter who did not get a vote.

PAM TERRY you make me SICK
 

sdavis29

Advanced
Nov 13, 2002
222
0
www.usaviation.com
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/11/2003 8:50:30 PM apofurlough wrote:
[P]I also got no information on voting and had to call the hotline for my pin number to vote. I was among the first to be furloughed from US and since furlough have not received one thing from CWA or US Air but yet when I was furloughed, I was told "I am still part of the US Airways family". This is not the way I treat family. The only way I have stayed on top of anything is from this board and the CWA website as I can not access the employee page either. But they want me to vote. How about telling me what I am voting on? I did vote yes because however foolish it may be I still hope to someday return even though I don't really believe it will ever happen. [BR][BR]To all who voted no, I hope you will take advantage of all the job opportunties you say are out there because then maybe, just maybe, I might be able to come back. [IMG src="http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif"] [/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]i still get all the other cwa junk..newsletter...the first t/a etc.....so still on mailing list...[BR][BR][BR][BR][/P][img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/10.gif']
 
Nov 20, 2002
78
0
www.usaviation.com
On 1/11/2003 5:58:55 PM ISN wrote:

CWA prides itself in being a democratic union.
Pam Terry President Cwa Local 2000.

----------------

A democratic union? It is not very democractic to ask for only the no votes. While I am not a CWA member, it is my understanding that the initial ballots were mailed out before the holidays. Then the voting was extended till Jan 10th. As you can see, the members had ample time to contact their union steward or local if they didn't receive their information packet. The voting stands and it is time to allow Dave and Company to emerge this airline from Chapter 11.
 

apofurlough

Member
Aug 20, 2002
65
0
I also got no information on voting and had to call the hotline for my pin number to vote. I was among the first to be furloughed from US and since furlough have not received one thing from CWA or US Air but yet when I was furloughed, I was told "I am still part of the US Airways family". This is not the way I treat family. The only way I have stayed on top of anything is from this board and the CWA website as I can not access the employee page either. But they want me to vote. How about telling me what I am voting on? I did vote yes because however foolish it may be I still hope to someday return even though I don't really believe it will ever happen.

To all who voted no, I hope you will take advantage of all the job opportunties you say are out there because then maybe, just maybe, I might be able to come back.
9.gif']
 

ExitPointer

Member
Aug 20, 2002
31
0
Hope a CWA member can answer this.

With the AFA electronic voting, members were advised to call AFA Membership services immediately if they were unable to access the ballot (incorrect ID or PIN).

I would think that the CWA ballot instructions would have had a similar contact # for problems encountered in voting?
 

ISN

Member
Jan 11, 2003
24
0
THINK GUYS! First she needs at least 5 people that tried to vote NO, with defective pins before it would even make a difference. If there is more than 5 then it matters and she will need to count Yes’s also. Most likely there will have to be a revote.