Cwa's Hard Sell

diogenes

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
The CWA reps are out selling the t/a. Two of the selling points are;

1. The IAM is getting ready to sell ALL of the ato's, save the Big 7, out, while the CWA is protecting its members from being expressed, and

2. In the medium and small stations, most CWA will remain mainline, while IAM is relegated to express status. Thus RDU CWA would remain mainline, while RDU IAM would become mainline express.

This raises some questions.

While it may or may not be true that IAM is going to 'eat its young', exactly HOW would mid-level CWA reps know about it?

What, exactly is so special about RDU, RIC or CHS CWA, that they would remain mainline? DAY, STL, CLE and MEM CWA did not.

Does not the new CWA proposal have provisions to convert a mainline station to express? All of the other ones did - see DAY, STL, CLE and MEM.

I mean, get real. The company is going after the LOWEST COSTS. Someone is tokin' some SERIOUS s%^t if they think they will somehow, escape the cuts.

You can bet the farm on that, my friend! Jerry Glass still has a lot of tricks up his sleave. He is a very devious, tricky man who would sell his mother down the stream for a buck. Quite possibly the most onerous, disliked exec at CCY. A lot of folks who think they'll be doing good if this passes, will have a rude awakening someday to see their beloved Mainline Station, suddenly turn to Express overnight. But on the downside, this TA will pass either thru a membership approval, or thru the imposition the company will get thru the courts.... :(

PineyBob said:
To me the open question remains what will be left of morale?
[post="229007"][/post]​

Haha, thats funny. There is no morale left here and that is exactly what the company wants. Do you really think anyone is CCY cares about morale? Their goal is to chase everyone away that has a brain in their head, and bring in kids to pay a nickle on the dollar and could care less about Employee Relations or a high turn over rate. They're after the big bucks for themselves, the employees can all go eat dog doo... :down:

mem day stl btv avp are contracted out inside cwa outside who knows
is IAM going to get those cities back

From all the CWA reps I have spoken with, they are voting "NO" on the proposal...

I don't think it has much of a chance of passing...with the date of 2011 for expiration...and the loss of pay and benefits amounting to about a 50% paycut, if you add the loss of salary, 401 K, loss of vacation, step backon pay ...freeze down there for atleast 2 years.... etc......Buy- outs delays,,, until April 2006...Outsourcing,,,No unemployment with future buy-outs...Office closings after vote, etc....21 percent paycuts....No mgt cuts...

A real aweful deal......

I think only a few people close to retirement will vote for it....not the majority, now with all the folks that have already bailed out on this compant lately....

Airline may shutdown with the impending flight attendants strikes upcomming...

PineyBob said:
Isn't a negotiator SUPPOSED to use all of the tools at his/her dispossal to gain the best deal they can for their side?

This sounds alot to me like the crybaby PIT crowd who came to a gunfight armed with a pocket knife when it came time to reject the leases in BK #1.

To me the open question remains what will be left of morale?
[post="229007"][/post]​
bob...no disrespect..you're totally out of the loop here...and i'd expect you to reserve comment.... ;)