DAL/NWA merger in trouble....?

However if the pilots were not infavor of this deal then the vote would have reflected that sentiment.

I disagree. Basically there were two realistic choices here. Vote down loa 19 in which case the merger proceeds, or approve it in which case the merger proceeds with some minor incentives. I can tell you that there are numerous pilots that voted in favor of this that have no desire to merge.

I disagree. Basically there were two realistic choices here. Vote down loa 19 in which case the merger proceeds, or approve it in which case the merger proceeds with some minor incentives. I can tell you that there are numerous pilots that voted in favor of this that have no desire to merge.
No disagreement on that observation. It is very seniority sensitive in that in my seniority most of us do not care one way or another.All most want is a company that survives and pays our salaries.

Well hello there folks...just dropping in from throwing the wrench in the wheel.

"Just to be fair". We should know what JP MORGAN's FULL involvement is in this merger and why they PURPOSEFULLY published this when they did and what exactly they left out. The empirical evidenced used/left out says it all.

Here's a little info from an investor to the SEC.

"This is a follow up to information and pending complaint requested against JP Morgan analyst Jamie Baker's attempt to materially affect the outcome of the Northwest Airlines and Delta Airlines merger attempt, by publishing erroneous and potentially damaging information with an attempt to publicly influence the public, Northwest Airlines employees, NWA shareholders, and the DOJ.

Background: JP Morgan is a the largest shareholder of Delta Airlines: http://finance.yahoo.com/q/mh?s=DAL
JP MORGAN CHASE & COMPANY 44,400,157 15.20 $381,841,350 31-Mar-08

( giving it a material interest in completing the acquisition of Northwest Airlines)... JP Morgan is the acting advisor to Northwest Airlines in the merger transaction with Northwest Airlines. Jamie Baker is an airline analyst with JP Morgan. Jamie Baker's report was issued on May 20th during Congressional hearings on the Delta/NWA merger.

Link to Jamie Baker's/JP Morgan report: https://mm.jpmorgan.com/stp/t/c.do?i=93B0-B....pdf*h_-1lkk3d9

Page six contains erroneous financial data that artificially places Northwest in a precarious financial position when it is in fact one of the strongest financially. Thereby, insinuating that NWA must merge with Delta to survive. This is the farthest from the truth of the true state of the airline's financial state. Mr. Baker makes a mild attempt to justify his review of Northwest's balance sheet by touching on the least desirable aspects of NWA's corporate finance, page 39 of his report. In direct comparison to United Airlines, whom he valued it's slot portfolio at London Heathrow at a min of $500 million plus and undisclosed amount on the more valuable Tokyo NRT slot value, as Mr. Baker also pointed out for AMR and it's few NRT slots.

This is significant because Mr. Baker purposely excluded NWA's highly valuable Asian franchise (the largest of all US carriers) along with the largest slot portfolio at Tokyo NRT outside of Japan Airlines. NWA international route authorities alone (unencumbered) are valued in excess of $2.9 billion. Moreover, NWA maintains the strongest cash flow and balance sheet of all US legacy carriers. (page 42) Further, he purposely excludes NWA fleet of encumbered 32 widebody A330 aircraft valued in the billions, instead focusing on the oldest and least desirable aircraft in Northwest's fleet.

It is my belief, and many other investors, based on JP Morgan's direct position and involvement (as it stands to materially gain from the completion of this merger as a large Delta shareholder, NW representative) it has and is attempting to illegally influence the outcome through erroneous information published in the media. It appears to be a blatant attempt to influence the public, NWA employees (who have made it publicly known that they oppose the merger) and NWA shareholders by presenting a false analysis of Northwest Airlines financial condition. It has falsely presented Delta in a manner that does not reflect it's present and immediate financial position in comparison to it's competitors.

I believe this to be in clear violation of US Security and Exchange Regulations.

I am requesting a full investigation of JP Morgan's direct and inappropriate distorted attempt at influencing a business transaction that it stands to directly profit from, as in the Northwest/Delta airlines merger."

Well well well....I wouldn't get too excited about a fake report cooked up by an entity highly INVOLVED in the merger attempt, and one who stands to PROFIT hugely only if there is a merger. Sounds to me JP MORGAN is trying to paint Delta as a saving grace to NW when there simply is no financial facts to back it up. I especially like the part where they LEAVE OUT NW'S ASIAN DIVISION, while praising the value of United's AND AMR'S (few Asian routes) that pretty much says what the 'value' of jamie baker's report is....ZERO.

See ya round kids!

Well hello there folks...just dropping in from throwing the wrench in the wheel.

"Just to be fair". We should know what JP MORGAN's FULL involvement is in this merger and why they PURPOSEFULLY published this when they did and what exactly they left out. The empirical evidenced used/left out says it all.

Here's a little info from an investor to the SEC.

"This is a follow up to information and pending complaint requested against JP Morgan analyst Jamie Baker's attempt to materially affect the outcome of the Northwest Airlines and Delta Airlines merger attempt, by publishing erroneous and potentially damaging information with an attempt to publicly influence the public, Northwest Airlines employees, NWA shareholders, and the DOJ.

Background: JP Morgan is a the largest shareholder of Delta Airlines: http://finance.yahoo.com/q/mh?s=DAL
JP MORGAN CHASE & COMPANY 44,400,157 15.20 $381,841,350 31-Mar-08

( giving it a material interest in completing the acquisition of Northwest Airlines)... JP Morgan is the acting advisor to Northwest Airlines in the merger transaction with Northwest Airlines. Jamie Baker is an airline analyst with JP Morgan. Jamie Baker's report was issued on May 20th during Congressional hearings on the Delta/NWA merger.

Link to Jamie Baker's/JP Morgan report: https://mm.jpmorgan.com/stp/t/c.do?i=93B0-B....pdf*h_-1lkk3d9

Page six contains erroneous financial data that artificially places Northwest in a precarious financial position when it is in fact one of the strongest financially. Thereby, insinuating that NWA must merge with Delta to survive. This is the farthest from the truth of the true state of the airline's financial state. Mr. Baker makes a mild attempt to justify his review of Northwest's balance sheet by touching on the least desirable aspects of NWA's corporate finance, page 39 of his report. In direct comparison to United Airlines, whom he valued it's slot portfolio at London Heathrow at a min of $500 million plus and undisclosed amount on the more valuable Tokyo NRT slot value, as Mr. Baker also pointed out for AMR and it's few NRT slots.

This is significant because Mr. Baker purposely excluded NWA's highly valuable Asian franchise (the largest of all US carriers) along with the largest slot portfolio at Tokyo NRT outside of Japan Airlines. NWA international route authorities alone (unencumbered) are valued in excess of $2.9 billion. Moreover, NWA maintains the strongest cash flow and balance sheet of all US legacy carriers. (page 42) Further, he purposely excludes NWA fleet of encumbered 32 widebody A330 aircraft valued in the billions, instead focusing on the oldest and least desirable aircraft in Northwest's fleet.

It is my belief, and many other investors, based on JP Morgan's direct position and involvement (as it stands to materially gain from the completion of this merger as a large Delta shareholder, NW representative) it has and is attempting to illegally influence the outcome through erroneous information published in the media. It appears to be a blatant attempt to influence the public, NWA employees (who have made it publicly known that they oppose the merger) and NWA shareholders by presenting a false analysis of Northwest Airlines financial condition. It has falsely presented Delta in a manner that does not reflect it's present and immediate financial position in comparison to it's competitors.

I believe this to be in clear violation of US Security and Exchange Regulations.

I am requesting a full investigation of JP Morgan's direct and inappropriate distorted attempt at influencing a business transaction that it stands to directly profit from, as in the Northwest/Delta airlines merger."

Well well well....I wouldn't get too excited about a fake report cooked up by an entity highly INVOLVED in the merger attempt, and one who stands to PROFIT hugely only if there is a merger. Sounds to me JP MORGAN is trying to paint Delta as a saving grace to NW when there simply is no financial facts to back it up. I especially like the part where they LEAVE OUT NW'S ASIAN DIVISION, while praising the value of United's AND AMR'S (few Asian routes) that pretty much says what the 'value' of jamie baker's report is....ZERO.

See ya round kids!

You may have something there, but I wouldnt count on it. The fact that this analyst may have filed a biased report doesnt necessarily mean that the deal would be off. It may mean that he and some others may be in trouble but we will have to wait and see if it kills the deal. I for one hope the merger doesnt go thru. I think Delta is still growing our international to over 40% of our business so I feel we would be better off on our own. Also I am relatively junior (around 10yrs) and I do not want to be more junior. If we merge with you guys I will never see the good trips I now can hold forget about what I may hold in the future with Dal being stand alone. Right now the sky is the limit, but after a merger I will be stuck on domestic probably a DC9.

You may have something there, but I wouldnt count on it. The fact that this analyst may have filed a biased report doesnt necessarily mean that the deal would be off. It may mean that he and some others may be in trouble but we will have to wait and see if it kills the deal. I for one hope the merger doesnt go thru. I think Delta is still growing our international to over 40% of our business so I feel we would be better off on our own. Also I am relatively junior (around 10yrs) and I do not want to be more junior. If we merge with you guys I will never see the good trips I now can hold forget about what I may hold in the future with Dal being stand alone. Right now the sky is the limit, but after a merger I will be stuck on domestic probably a DC9.
Hey Coop,

At least the "nine" is shorter than the "eighty", less wear and tear on your feet.

PS Does Delta have some sort of "baloon" payment due soon?

Jamie baker is the same genius that told people to buy up NWA shares right before the BK filing...

Cooper--

What's wrong with an MOT layover? :lol:

No offense but I dont even know where MOT is and I am sure that is likely a good thing. I have nothing against the NWA f/a's but really not excited about the whole merger thing. It would set me back a long way I think. But what ever happens I will adjust and keep going. LOL

No offense but I dont even know where MOT is and I am sure that is likely a good thing. I have nothing against the NWA f/a's but really not excited about the whole merger thing. It would set me back a long way I think. But what ever happens I will adjust and keep going. LOL
MOT MINOT - NORTH DAKOTA