Dave And Chris

LavMan

Veteran
Feb 12, 2003
Dave and Chiames came to CLT today at 9:15am,visited the property but they were MIA on the line, guess they were scared.

Hey Lav,

Actually this is a funny story (from our point of view).

It seems that our illustrious C.E.O. came up to the hangers second floor and visited the Avionics shop.

He came to smooz, but got an ear full. For almost an hour.

Everyone he talked to wanted a piece of him. To his credit he sat, listened, and took it.

After getting our VIP treatment he retreated into the managers office, with the foreman, and that's the last we saw of him. (Appearantly station wide too).

At least we in the Avionics shop are confident that "Dave" is aware of our views on: Management, the stock, our givebacks, and, oh yes, AIRBUS!!!!!

We'll see if the the drug testing begins :up:

LavMan said:
Dave and Chiames came to CLT today at 9:15am,visited the property but they were MIA on the line, guess they were scared.

Did they fly in on scheduled equipment? If so, did they get to hear from actual customers? (Nobody from FlyerTalk has made a post about meeting them yesterday)

DON'T NUKE THE BOSS???????????

He sure as hell didn't give it to us in small doses!!!!!

He nuked EVERY employee and their families too, so don't even go there.

Dave deserves EVERYTHING he gets and a whole lot more.

--------------------------------
PineyBob wrote:

Just a note on this.

Don't nuke the boss! Better to feed the concerns in small doses. That way they come back and visit again and you can keep nibbling away. I know it's very very hard to not blast away with both barrels but now you won't get another shot at him most likely.
-------------------------------

PineyBob

We just wanted him to understand that even in the back shops, he was only one Heavy Check away from a "Major Dispute" and "Self Help".

He mentioned a couple of times that he understood that "we believed" that Airbus maintenance was our work. That that decision woundn't be made until a couple of days before the actual work was due. And that that decision would be made on a purely business case.

Well, I guess we'll see him in court at the end of next month!!!!

----------------------------------
PineyBob Wrote:

Got a question for you. Could the company in a case like this "Judge shop"? Getting the case heard by a judge known for his/her anti labor views?

PineyBob,

Most everyone I talk to say that's exactly what the company did during the bankruptcy, by filing in a rural VA jurisdiction.

PineyBob said:
Twicebaked said:
DON'T NUKE THE BOSS???????????

He sure as hell didn't give it to us in small doses!!!!!

He nuked EVERY employee and their families too, so don't even go there.

Dave deserves EVERYTHING he gets and a whole lot more.
You're right TB, my point is if you maintain a dialogue then maybe and that's a big maybe you can change his mind. Otherwise you come off as a "troublemaker" and further reinforce their negative view of your work group.

I'm not chastizing, I am not sure if I had the same opportunity with BBB as you did with Dave, I'm not sure I could follow my own advice. IF you can control your temper then you can make your points far more effective.
First off, my temper is controlled. Second, don't tell me about controlling anything. Who do you think you are? Last time I checked my father was dead.

That will be typical of this company to wait to the last minute to tell everyone we are sorry but because we don't have the tooling to do the checks we had better contract them out. It's just like the "THREATS " we saw during bankruptcy. If they contracts out the airbus heavy checks I hope the the unions shut the place down. The employees are tired of this sh## !!!

repeet said:
PineyBob Wrote:

Got a question for you. Could the company in a case like this "Judge shop"? Getting the case heard by a judge known for his/her anti labor views?

PineyBob,

Most everyone I talk to say that's exactly what the company did during the bankruptcy, by filing in a rural VA jurisdiction.
It was in Alexandria, VA (4 miles away from US Airways Corporate HQ) and the jurisdictional bankruptcy court for Arlington, VA --- I hardly call that rural.

Funny, Dave has been doing a lot of unannounced visits around the system recently. And every time I speak with someone from one of those stations/work areas, I hear the same thing. He gets an ear full where every he goes. PIT, CLT, INT, etc. He has visited RIDC Park, PIT and INT Res Offices, OCC, PIT and CLT stations, PIT and CLT MTC hangars, etc and everyone he has come in contact with has let him have it. I say bravo to those that were able to voice their concerns and dissatisfaction to him directly. Hopefully he will see and understand the levels of frustration felt at every level of the company and hears what the employee groups have to say. I also say Bravo to Dave for having the low hangers to step out into these areas and actually speak with some of the front line employes. While he may not have made it to every work area or every person on the line, I am sure he got a fair representation of what everyone is feeling.