Dave's Friday Phone Message

YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY do our jobs, while anyone with four healthy limbs can do yours

NYCBD I agree with you that not just anyone can do your job but do you really want to clean an airplane? If the answer to that question is yes next time you fly into LAX ask any mechanic or utility for Tug.

I'll not only arrange it so you can clean the lav's, pick up puke, dirty diapers and what ever other garbage the passengers leave on the aircraft. After you finish that I'll get you some lav gloves a face shield and a white suit so you can dump the lav's.... careful when you hook up the drain hose to the a/c if its not locked on correctly the minute you pull the handle to dump the lav's the hose will pop off and you'll have human waste, toilet paper and blue juice all over that nice clean white shirt you were wearing when you flew in.

And dont think that with all the downsizing of all the other carriers that you yourself cant be replaced. Keep in mind Dave views you as just a number, you can be replaced as easily as I can.

Whereas you may be able to do my job, do you really want to?

700UW said:
I believe there are 1,879 former U pilots waiting for a job.
Actually, I'll bet that less than half that number don't already have employment with our low fare competition, Airtran, Southwest, ATA, JetBlue and others by now. At least they appear to have a brighter future than those of us that are left...

700UW said:
You need to learn something about being in a union, it means being together as a group, respecting each other and honoring other labor groups contracts and not try to save your own hide out of someone Else's.

I say:
I'm not trying to hide behind anything. You need to re-read my post. If there is featherbedding (I don't know there IS ANY), the company is coming after it. I don't care if it's ALPA, IAM, CWA, AFA or whoever. We are ALL a target! As I stated in my post, I think our fare structure won't support our cost structure. We are not off but $10 bucks a head most days so...where the heck is the problem. It's with people over their head with pricing, scheduling, marketing and running this airline.

Also, if I see someone in a cargo hold working himself have to death, I will STILL lend him a hand if I can. Damn your contract! What about human decency? I will NOT stand by watching a fellow employee struggle with my hands in my pocket.

SORRY

A320 Driver :angry:

First of all you need to learn to respect and honor other labor groups contracts, a real trade unionist would do that.

Second of all why don't you go to the 20,000+ employees on layoff and tell them that Dave is not gonna bring anyone of them back because you are going to be a hero.

Third, you might be trained and qualified to fly an airplane, but I doubt you are qualified or trained on ramp service or utility work. You don't know hazmat procedures or weight and balence either, go ask the Fine Air employees in MIA when you load a plane wrong.

Fourth, you do not have a SIDA badge, your company ID permits you to walk around your aircraft, not have working privliges on the ramp.

The company signed those CBAs with the unions and the employees they represent, and you need to talk your MEC what it means to have a CBA and honoring others people's jobs, the very same jobs that pay their salary and enable them to take care of their families. Unless you are willing to support the person's job you are taking, I suggest you stick to flying airplanes, something which you are trained and qualified for, not loading or unloading airplanes or cleaning them.

I suggest you read below and learn, stick to doing the job you were hired for and don't steal someone else's job and livlihood.

Respect: to refrain from interfering with

Trade Union: an organization of workers formed for the purpose of advancing its members' interests in respect to wages, benefits, and working conditions

Contract: binding agreement between two or more persons or parties; especially : one legally enforceable b : a business arrangement for the supply of goods or services at a fixed price.

A320, I did not mean you are hiding, I meant this definition:

the skin of an animal whether raw or dressed — used especially of large heavy skins

Gee, I wake up late this morning, and everyone is jumping down each others throats.

Well, let me jump in..........

Twice baked,

You are "right on point"! Respect each others contracts and job as you stated. That is what we f/as will continue to do CAUSE WE DON'T WANT TO HAVE THE RESPONSIBILITY TO CLEAN PLANES, AND WE ARE NOT CHANGING OUR CONTRACTS TO INCREASE THE NUMBER OF STATIONS we assist.

700UW,

I think you misread A330 Driver's orginal post. I do not believe his posts reads "anti-unionism". But, I think now you may have just pissed him off.

AOG,

You always speak my mind, too. From now on, I'm just going to say, hey, whatever AOG says.

Folks,

Let's not beat each other up. I don't believe any of us will go into an agreement that will eliminate even more of us. Management needs to figure out a plan that addresses the revenue short falls, AND DAVE NEEDS TO TAKE A "HOLIDAY" OFF THE HOTLINE MESSAGE AND JUST SHUT UP!

Management's #1 mission should be to elevate employee morale, and its not by giving monetary incentives. It's by saying he will do whatever is necessary to get his team to address the revenue short fall, attract the customer, create a demand for our product, and tell the employees they have done what was asked and a job well done.

I wait for him to do this.....then it will be time to repair relationships.

A320 Driver said:
Damn your contract!

Damn everyone else's contract? Are you Dave?

People have fought for years to obtain the wages, working conditions and benefits, some of us have even gone on strike to maintain it.

You just spit in the face of all the unionized workers who are employed or on layoff.

The Collective Bargaining Agreements are legal and binding documents, which if you have followed the news lately even Three Federal Court Decisions have told US Airways that they are.

What gives you the right to steal from the employees like Dave and his Management team has?

Well if that is your attitude, why don't you just say DAMN YOUR ALPA CONTRACT and let Dave have everything and anything he wants

You need a history lesson, go read up on the Haymarket Square Riot or the Detroit AutoWorkers sit in where people were killed standing up for making a decent living. Better yet, go rent some movies like Maitwan, Norma Rae or anyother film where it shows how workers were mistreated and even killed for standing up for their rights to be treated like human beings instead of slaves.

I would think that the first group the gangster of ccy would go after would be the mechanics due to the mechanics-IAM victory in court not once but twice. Someone told me the other day that SWA has 3 mech. per plane but we have 6 or so. Is that true or no? Then I figured the rampers would be next followed by CWA, AFA and ALPA. Just my opinion.

700UW said:
You fly a plane from PIT-PHL, or shall I say you takeoff using autothrottle and then the autopilot flies the plane to PHL and then you let the computer autoland it.
The scary part is you really think that's all there is to flying a plane. That's like saying all there is to being a mechanic is turning a wrench until the nut is tight. Let's face it, you couldn't get a Piper Cub to the end of the runway, let alone get it around the pattern. It does concern me a bit that I am trusting my life and that of our customers to ignorant people like you that are perfoming maintenance on our planes.

supercruiser

I love people who are willing to throw their co-workers overboard just to solidify their own position. It's no wonder unions are in such dismal shape in this country!

The scary part is you really think that's all there is to flying a plane. That's like saying all there is to being a mechanic is turning a wrench until the nut is tight. Let's face it, you couldn't get a Piper Cub to the end of the runway, let alone get it around the pattern. It does concern me a bit that I am trusting my life and that of our customers to ignorant people like you that are perfoming maintenance on our planes.

supercruiser[/QUOTE] [/quote]
I believe before you call someone ignorant, you might want to check on the information you are posting, and there is a huge difference between a piper cub and an A320 family aircraft which can actually fly itself.

When I work, I do the job the best way it can be done, and for you to say I don't is just plain ignorant.

A pilot has to know one airplane, as a mechanic I have to know every type of airplane we fly and the differant subtypes as some are US Airways, some are US Air, some are Piedmont and some are Eastern, not all of them are the same since differant airlines have ordered them. So you basically have to know two differant system types for the same airplane as you have to check to see which sub type it is.

Like I said check your information out before you post, because I put our passengers safety at the forefront of doing my job.

Hey Dave! Wake up, I mean this as far as i'm concerned you are not getting anymore. For anything less this job isn't worth having. If it's a fight you want you came to the right place. You will lose big time and that will be the final chapter of this once great (predave) company!!!! :angry: :angry:

Mr PineyBob,

I was not comparing the situation at US Airways to the mines. I was trying to inform some posters of what labor went thru to achieve what they have today, and for someone to say damn your contract is a disrespectful to those who have suffered and given their lives in the name of labor to earn a fair living, decent wages and working conditions.

Latest posts