DAVE'S LETTER

cat 111

Advanced
Aug 25, 2002
I got Dave's letter in the mail today. Too bad he wasted the postage !!! My vote is still NO. Dave,you and the IAM just don't get it.I voted NO and you and the IAM won't change my mind.You edited just don't get it do you.

CAT 111:

Dave does get it. The 85 percent cuts are required by the ATSB and DIP/Emergence Financiers. Do you agree with this statement?

Again, if you want this company to survive, you will vote yes.

Chip

Chip, talking about not getting it. Maybe you can explain to me why most pilots still don't follow company policy and shut down the #2 engine at the gate. They still wait until the jetway is pulled up, then they shut down #2. Oh wait I can answer that, if the cargo door is opened they don't get the big bucks.

I DONT think they do Chip...or they wouldn't have voted down the last offer. Wait till they see the judges offer, they'll wish they had Dave's offer back!
But what do you expect.......Every group has seen the light and given to survive, what kind of Mentality are we dealing with here, don't answer that!

The company threw that so called proposal down our throats and said take it or leave it. We were not confuse. You pilots were able to negotiate.We got this piece of crap thrown at us.I will still vote NO and could care less what the judge does.You can't run an airline without mechanics.I'm sure the FAA will step up their inspections.

Sounds like maybe you and Hope777 should have been pilots since we make the Big bucks that you refer to. Believe me, I didn't like taking a $60,000 per year paycut and paying for years of bad management but I have a mortgae payment and a family to support. We as pilots recognize that a smaller paycheck is a whole lot better then NO paycheck. Daaaaaa!!!

As far as getting things thrown at you by your union, I believe you voted your leaders' into office so maybe you can only blame yourselves for that.

As far as shutting down the #2 engine at the gate, (I personally do)I feel we save the company enough money on a daily basis by taking airplanes out all day with 'numorous orange MEL stickers. The key word on the line is Program.
Maybe we should start refusing to accept this and cancel or delay flights until these items af fixed...want to talk about losing money!

What about what it cost the company on a daily basis when we SIT 100 feet from the gate WAITING for a parker...or a piece of equipment LEFT inside the yellow line---block time times five or more crewmwmbers.

It's great to watch 5 people walk past the tug where the wands are to park us while we WAIT for that SPECIAL person to bring us in. DON'T talk about the #2 engine.

As far as the deal about the company can't operate without mechanics, that's probably a true statement, but in realality the very few that would walk or leave for any length of time could be replaced rather rapidily especially since there are plenty of laid-off mechs out there that would be more then willing to have a job. That's the same for all the groups.

EVERYONE CAN BE REPLACED.

Put the film in the camera already and see the Big Picture

Wal-mart.com has on-line applications...don't wait!

At this time the best to all of us, we are all in this together and doing everything we can to survive. It's a much different industry now and changes have to happen to stay in business. 9-11, SW, AirTran, JetBlue are setting the standard and that is NEVER going to change!

CAT 111
If the judge guts mechanics contract, our mechanics will gut our company. I know this for a fact speaking to many friends on the front lines. Good luck company you cannot go one day with out revenue. Maybe the mechanics will not be able to strike, but they can do as much damage working on the inside as well. The company and the union should have used this week to work with each other, but instead they choose not too... The problem is most mechanics are sick of the lies from the IAM and our company. These same mechanics will have no problem lashing back at the company if they choose to gut the contract, and to include unfair work rules and wages. A personel friend at the FAA said to me if the mechanics push hard to find grounding items and they are found to be good items they will back IAM mechanic to include defending the mechanic from the company. He also said there would be and to include very harsh punishment for our company if these items were not fixed. I was even told by some members that the news press would even be used if need be. You know what that means, our company in bankruptcy with maintenance problem would be real ugly. I hope for all of us that our mechanics are not forced to this very ugly conclusion.

Fluff, if you don't want to take the plane because it has too many mel's then don't take it.

You are right everyoune can be replaced....
Flufdriver For You....

Maybe right seat at MDA or someother airline at or around $25,000 yr. or less. We will see if you are right Flufdriver, the last airline who took on the IAM (Eastern) had a war chest. Sorry Flufdriver don't see one here at USAIRWAYS. All I see is two feet in a grave, this company is living on credit. Ya.... these creditors are willing to take on a ugly battle with the mechanics. Mechanics have voted no!!!!!!! Dave is free to screw the mechanics, but for some reason he has choosen not to. Maybe Dave cares about our mechanics to include the mechanics very own letter and re-vote date. Or maybe Dear Dave knows a company in bankruptcy living off credit with other offers about to come in is not company ready or able or have time to take on the mechanics. We know if the company goes under Mr. Dave will not be hurting, and will off making his Millions somewhere else. But he will be last guy standing and knowned to have take USAIRWAYS into bankruptcy unable to completed his chapter 11.

Flufdriver

As far as getting things thrown at you by your union, I believe you voted your leaders' into office so maybe you can only blame yourselves for that.

This statement is not correct, I never voted for Scotty Ford, some guy from United that even the United guys are not in love with. They are history if U survives, and should have been years ago, they have no leadership whatsoever!

As far as the deal about the company can't operate without mechanics, that's probably a true statement, but in realality the very few that would walk or leave for any length of time could be replaced rather rapidily especially since there are plenty of laid-off mechs out there that would be more then willing to have a job. That's the same for all the groups.

What color pills next Flufdriver, I see the line of AMT's growing for employment, everybody want's work at our bankrupt carrier.

See ya on midnight shift at Wal-Mart...I went on the Wal-Mart site for you guys seeking employment and it said you needed a college education...sorry!

PennDot there in PA is looking for grass cutters for along the highway. **Must be dependable..oh well striking out everywhere!

Guys like you make me so happy I left the ranks of Wrench turning years ago.

If we refused to take an airplane with MELs the sky would be empty. I guess sitting there with the #2 engine waiting for a jetway driver or parker has no reason why we are at the top of the list for on-time..sorry, I'm probably getting over your heads. That's obvious.

Wait, just went on the Post-Gazette website..waiters,bus boys and cooks needed at Eat'n Park. Holiday differential and free meals..what a deal. Oh wait, must work weekends..forget it...Stillers play on weekends. Sunday is in the weekend isn't it. Then why'd they play last night...

Good Luck

EVERYONE CAN BE REPLACED.

I wouldn't count on that. Unless, you want to see an actual full blown war. There would simply be too much trouble with that scenario, U would go out of business given it's current state.