Dca Shuttle

More on DCA Shuttle Move

ARLINGTON (theHub.com): As a follow-up to yesterday’s US Airways Today item regarding the repositioning of Washington National’s US Airways Shuttle ticket counter, Dec. 3 was reported as the effective date -- rather than the target date -- for the planned move. A firm date has not yet been established for the relocation process. The Shuttle ticket counter adjacent to the security checkpoint will close sometime in mid-December, with kiosks temporarily unavailable in that area.

USA320Pilot comments: Do not be surprised if the Shuttle obtains EMB-170 and maybe the reintroduction of B737 flying in the not-so-distant future. This will free up Airbus aircraft for further Latin American expansion and better match Shuttle capacity with demand. In my opinion, the Shuttle could eventually become all MDA flying with 72-seat EMB-170 aircraft for off-peak flying and 97-seat EMB-190s for peak flying. The economics of the EMB-170/190 aircraft should make the Shuttle a very competitive and profitable product.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

Funny, the company has informed members of management that the shuttle will be ALL Airbus.

ClueByFour said:
I love the mixed signals out of CCY on this score. As an occasional shuttle customer, this makes me happy.

That said, it would be nice (since US clearly is not buying any aircraft anytime soon) to see these birds sent somewhere to take advantage of their longer legs, and leave the shuttle mission to the Boeings. I say that only because:

1. My current laptop battery can outlast a shuttle flight from BOS-DCA (I hate the lack of laptop juice on the Boeing fleet) and

2. As a CP, I figure I'll never see the back of a shuttle flight (which is good, because the 737s are getting really ratty in Y).
[post="203612"][/post]​

Actually, according to the bean counters, The Boeing on ALL Shuttle markets would make more money than the Airbus especially with the reconstructed leases from the previous chapter 11 ! The reason for going with Airbus is actually the reasons you stated done from sample surveys and fierce opposition from our corporate Shuttle clients. ( The surveys were LGA/BOS/DCA/LGA based clients )

700UW said:
Funny, the company has informed members of management that the shuttle will be ALL Airbus.
[post="203871"][/post]​

That must be their "transformation" plan TODAY. It seems to change daily, if indeed there is an actual PLAN.

700UW said:
Come February the Shuttle will be ALL Airbus.
[post="203605"][/post]​

USA320Pilot comments: Do not be surprised if the Shuttle obtains EMB-170 and maybe the reintroduction of B737 flying in the not-so-distant future. This will free up Airbus aircraft for further Latin American expansion and better match Shuttle capacity with demand. In my opinion, the Shuttle could eventually become all MDA flying with 72-seat EMB-170 aircraft for off-peak flying and 97-seat EMB-190s for peak flying. The economics of the EMB-170/190 aircraft should make the Shuttle a very competitive and profitable product.
We have heard the same thing, even in the near term for the E170 on midday flights that tend to be soft. This would free up slots for the larger aircraft in the fleet allowing expansion of the point to point flying to/from DCA.

It makes sense.

Either way expect a large increase in MDA flying from DCA, as the company leverages the competitive advatage we have over the other legacies that use smaller ERJ and CRJ aircraft, or have to utilize a regualr slot for their larger aircraft rather than a commuter slot.