Dear Austin, Dont bother asking!

usjacket

Senior
Aug 30, 2002
Dear Austin, Dont bother asking! If current management cannot run this airline with the massive amount of pay and benefit concessions already givin then dont expect anymore. If you truly need more, take it by force, dont expect anyone to voluntarily give more to this management team! Oh I forgot about the IAM. Nevermind. Have a great weekend everyone. Oh we dont have the weekends off! Nevermind!

With that attitude, why don't you start checking Want Ads this weekend and filling out job applications? Because the company would have no choice but to LIQUIDATE.

Why does everyone immediately scream that Siegel needs to start running this airline. How does that have anything to do with the underlying reason they need more cost cuts? Does Siegel control the ever-worsening industry revenue environment? No, he doesn't. Does Siegel dictate what the ATSB's acceptable terms are for a loan guarantee? No, he doesn't. Those are the two factors driving the need for more cost cuts. When US applied for their ATSB loan guarantee, they had to come up with a new business plan. Formulating that new business plan not only included the significant cost cuts US has achieved, but it also contained projected revenue forecasts for the life of the loan based on numerous analysis, assumptions and projections. Those forecasts no longer hold water because the revenue situation for this industry is getting worse each month. So they no longer meet the established criteria as set-forth by the ATSB. How is that Siegel's fault? Every airline is facing this problem. Siegel is merely doing his utmost to keep your airline operating and give you a hope for a future. Would you rather he give up and simply put the airline into a Ch.7 liquidation? It just so happens that your current management is doing everything under the Sun to keep your airline operating. They should be commended for their efforts. Did anybody delude themselves into thinking this process would be easy? Your airline is in bankruptcy, which means Siegel does not have total control of its' destiny. That control ultimately lies with the Creditor's Committee and the bankruptcy judge. I suppose Siegel is also at fault for the likelihood that we'll be going to war again with Iraq in January. Why don't we blame him for the Kennedy assassination while we're at it? All sarcasm aside, think through the situation to see it for what it is. Doing that would make you realize that Siegel is not at fault for this mess. He's not at fault for failing to run the airline properly. He is trying to bail out a quickly sinking ship and plug the holes at the same time. And each time he plugs one hole, another seems to develop. Try to remember that he's trying to save your company. That is his goal. His goal isn't to see how badly he can screw over his employees. Those of you at US who would rather he just throw in the towel and quit should do so yourselves. Because doing that would mean your company shuts down--permanently. I realize the cuts are painful. Believe me I do. I've been there and back. Twice. With #3 in the on-deck circle. Nobody is trying to say that these cuts aren't difficult. Least of all me. But unfortunately, these are the necessary ingredients to give US a shot at the future. Your situation is akin to one foot in the grave and one foot on the banana peel. I, for one, hope the guy is successful in fixing your situation and giving you a future. But don't slam him for having to do something that he has no choice but to do!

OldGuyinPA,

Yeah, and you'll be able to sleep better at night knowing that you decided to drive your airline into liquidation.

The cancer of your airline is everywhere, including within the attitudes of bitter employees who refuse to give an inch to help save their company. You want to waste more time blaming people for the problem? Go right ahead. If you're tired of helping US fix its' problems than quit. Leave now and let the ones who still want to turn the place around fight to the death to do that. Not everyone are quitters. If you've had enough, pack it in. What are you waiting for? If you honestly think it'll be fun looking for a job, than send out some resume's and cover letters today and let us all know what kind of responses you get.

PineyBob...

On usairwaysemployees.com they voting on wage cuts...

no 85%
yes 15%

The cancer is and has been at Crystal Palace for nearly 15 years. It's going to be fun looking for a job in my mid-50's. At least I have my health.

I for one am sure glad for all the advice we recieve from the outside on how we should think and feel. Thanks everybody.

p.s How much IS enough?

INVOL

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/15/2002 1:38:01 PM UAL777flyer wrote:

OldGuyinPA,

Yeah, and you'll be able to sleep better at night knowing that you decided to drive your airline into liquidation.

The cancer of your airline is everywhere, including within the attitudes of bitter employees who refuse to give an inch to help save their company. You want to waste more time blaming people for the problem? Go right ahead. If you're tired of helping US fix its' problems than quit. Leave now and let the ones who still want to turn the place around fight to the death to do that. Not everyone are quitters. If you've had enough, pack it in. What are you waiting for? If you honestly think it'll be fun looking for a job, than send out some resume's and cover letters today and let us all know what kind of responses you get.

----------------
[/blockquote]

Dude, we refuse to give an inch to save our company. I just gave up a 30% pay cut, PLUS benefits. Now, I'm going to get furloughed. I've given ALL I CAN GIVE and if I don't have a job, let US Airways go under. It won't affect me at all any more than it already has.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/15/2002 1:38:01 PM UAL777flyer wrote:

Leave now and let the ones who still want to turn the place around fight to the death to do that. Not everyone are quitters. If you've had enough, pack it in. What are you waiting for?

----------------
[/blockquote]
There are many who want to leave now. But, unlike what you think, they are not quitters. Until the company comes up with some plan for those non quitters to leave with dignity you are going to have many stay til the bitter end. With the job market the way it is many stay with U even though they are unhappy.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/15/2002 1:56:31 PM W:EXCH:INVOL wrote:

I for one am sure glad for all the advice we recieve from the outside on how we should think and feel. Thanks everybody.

p.s How much IS enough?

INVOL
----------------
[/blockquote]

How much pay & benefits is enough?

pitguy,

What's wrong, can't take a little criticism? These are public boards, after all. Didn't know only US employees could post here. I have no problem with your disagreeing with my opinion. In fact, I think that's great. But if your only defense to your argument is don't you have our own board to post on, than I'm a bit disappointed.

Hey, I have no qualms over your decision to draw a line in the sand. That is your choice. But those that do that are the very same folks who will be whining and moaning when the company liquidates because management couldn't fix the problem.

What would you all rather give up? Pay or work rules? If it's me, I'd gladly give work rules without question. Working harder is better than a lighter wallet. Either way, jobs are going to be lost. If you've all simply had enough, than turn out the lights and everybody go home. Game Over. But your airline simply cannot be successful without more changes. It's basically a choice between cutting more costs (hopefully via productivity changes and not more paycuts) or being liquidated and losing everything anyhow.

I am sure I speak for many who express that there is nothing more left to give, pay or work rule wise.
Pay and benefits and mainly the workforce have been massacred over the past year or so.
Res is being asked to maintain strict time parameters, and all the while procedural changes have been aplenty,many new questions need answering by passengers,new advisements required to sum up a sales call,reissues on goldfile and bi-level fares take forever, there are still 25-40 fares in every single USAIRWAYS market to sort thru for purchase and reissue,and yet it's CHOP CHOP CHOP, STOP WATCH CITY.
People are at the breaking point as it is. Agent errors are becoming more plentiful because agents are not taking the time to educate themselves about the changes and policies(ask CSD they will vouch for that one)..as well as being overburdened with daily information overload...
.....there is no easy time saving avenue for asking questions about policies or procedures that are vague or easily misconstrued, no sales rallies, no team meetings, no sales comraderie. The sales environment stinks in each office and cust service is suffering for it.
Because these issues are not addressed by mgmnt. and have been brought up ad nauseum, this is why people are obstinate about giving more. NO ONE LISTENS TO THE FRONT LINE!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/15/2002 4:00:05 PM pitguy wrote:

UAL flyer,

They DO have message boards for your airline here.
----------------
[/blockquote]
Hey Pitguy, I agree with you 100%, UAL Flyer should stick to his airline message board. Judging by the number and frequency of his posts he seems to have a little too much free time on his hands. When UAL changes his workrules and cuts his pay we will see how he feels!! I am sure he will give 110% to help out with no complaints whatsoever!!!

513, tell us how you took a 30% paycut since the cut is 11.9% for 16 weeks then 6.8% till July.