December FA Attrition

kirkpatrick

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Long Island, NY
Attrition in the FA ranks totalled 54 for Dec, for a total of 615 for 2007. About 475 recalls came on line during the year, leaving fewer FA's on Dec 31 than there were on Jan 1.

Things have slowed down a bit after the holidays, with bid leaves being offered for Feb and reserves getting a slight break. But with attrition continuing at 50 to 60 per month and summer just around the corner, I'm sure the recalls will continue.

MK

Attrition in the FA ranks totalled 54 for Dec, for a total of 615 for 2007. About 475 recalls came on line during the year, leaving fewer FA's on Dec 31 than there were on Jan 1.

Things have slowed down a bit after the holidays, with bid leaves being offered for Feb and reserves getting a slight break. But with attrition continuing at 50 to 60 per month and summer just around the corner, I'm sure the recalls will continue.

Bid Leaves are not being offered for IOR in Feb. We are also looking for Russian speakers to cover the DME flights starting in March. Anyone interested?

Well, I know babushka, borscht, blini, caviar, stroganoff and dosh vidanya (sp?). Is that enough? :lol:

We have several Russian speakers amongst the recalls. It will be interesting to see if they let them proffer (never used that word before AA,lol) to Intn. before the 90 days are up.

We are also looking for Russian speakers to cover the DME flights starting in March. Anyone interested?
I know one recall (Dec 18) who I believe has already qualified. I know a couple more who speak Russian, but I don't think they're interested in transferring.

MK

I know one recall (Dec 18) who I believe has already qualified. I know a couple more who speak Russian, but I don't think they're interested in transferring.

MK

When we were acquired, AA was very surprised at the number of f/as with multiple languages. When I was hired by PanAm, 2 was a must. I was qualified in French and Spanish but never flew Intn. (when we had sep. operations).

Latest posts