Delay-Virgin ready to take on AA to London

I am more than happy to wait for DOT data to see just how much cargo AA has carried since the 767s left the JFK-LAX market and how much DL picks up.

again, it is funny how you all have gotten so worked up trying to justify how AA could stay in the cargo market when I said months ago this would be an issue.

If AA is carrying 90K pounds of cargo per day on its 321s, don't you think someone would pipe up and say so? Don't you think there are people here who have knowledge of what AA is doing.

I get the theory part.

I'm interested in what happens in reality.

Either AA is carrying the cargo it carried on its 767s or it is giving up that revenue - along with a chunk of the coach revenue it said it doesn't want.

Delta is only flying the 767s on LAXJFK temporarily, as it's 757 fleet has a woefully inadequate product for the market, which Delta is in the midst of fixing.
What's the excuse going to be when there are no 767s on this route come next spring?

WorldTraveler said:
I am more than happy to wait for DOT data to see just how much cargo AA has carried since the 767s left the JFK-LAX market and how much DL picks up.

I would be more than happy to see when DL is going to file the lawsuit against the LGA/DCA slots.

Delta is only flying the 767s on LAXJFK temporarily, as it's 757 fleet has a woefully inadequate product for the market, which Delta is in the midst of fixing.
What's the excuse going to be when there are no 767s on this route come next spring?
let me know when the schedules are pulled and we can go from there.

If the 767s are gone, then you will have been right.

I am strongly betting they are here for keeps.

funny you would like to call DL's cradle recliners as inadequate but that is exactly what AA had before the 321s were pressed into service.... (cue up the "but DL's product was so much worse" mantra)

WorldTraveler said:
let me know when the schedules are pulled and we can go from there.

If the 767s are gone, then you will have been right.

I am strongly betting they are here for keeps.

funny you would like to call DL's cradle recliners as inadequate but that is exactly what AA had before the 321s were pressed into service.... (cue up the "but DL's product was so much worse" mantra)
Yes, but AA has upgraded. 
Does older fuel-inefficent aircraft mean anything? 

MetalMover said:
Does older fuel-inefficent aircraft mean anything?
I guess it only matters when DL isn't the one operating the less efficient aircraft.

Wasn't there a claim not too long ago about how inefficient AA's 767s were compared to DL's A330's?

eolesen said:
I guess it only matters when DL isn't the one operating the less efficient aircraft.

Wasn't there a claim not too long ago about how inefficient AA's 767s were compared to DL's A330's?
There may have been, I lose track of WT's claims given his posting frequency.    I do remember him expounding on how inefficient AA's 777s are compared to the A330s on TATL flights.   Of course, Boeing disputes this nonsense by pointing out that the 772s offer about 12% more floor area than an A333 which more than offsets the slightly heavier weight of the 772:

http://www.boeingblogs.com/randy/archives/2011/03/the_games_people_play.html

eolesen said:

I do believe so. Also there is a push for Airbus to offer an NEO for the A330.  Hmmmm, I wonder why.

There may have been, I lose track of WT's claims given his posting frequency.    I do remember him expounding on how inefficient AA's 777s are compared to the A330s on TATL flights.   Of course, Boeing disputes this nonsense by pointing out that the 772s offer about 12% more floor area than an A333 which more than offsets the slightly heavier weight of the 772:

http://www.boeingblogs.com/randy/archives/2011/03/the_games_people_play.html

except the extra space only matters if airlines get higher revenue....

if you look at DL's 333 fleet, heavily used to CDG and AMS, DL carries as much or more revenue per flight than AA does on its 777s.

You probably can find the data but I can certainly show you that the 333 for DL is currently generating revenue premiums compared to AA's 777s.

I do believe so. Also there is a push for Airbus to offer an NEO for the A330.  Hmmmm, I wonder why.
because the 330 is pushing into territory that was easily dominated by the 777 not that many years ago.

DL's current order 333s will offer 13 hour range at costs below the 772 and yet DL gets higher revenue on SEA-NRT, a market operated by a 333, than AA gets on LAX-PVG, a further route.

Higher costs and lower revenue is not a combination for success but esp. when competitors continue to push for lower cost alternatives to serve increasijngly competitive markets.

apples-vs-oranges-thumb.jpg

Back