Delta, Alaska Airlines Fight For Market Share In Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you want to use the word "dump" go ahead.

It is neither accurate nor can you find it in any description of the BK process.

BK (C11) is a restructuring process.

You dump trash or day old coffee - which means you attempt to exchange nothing.

You restructure debt in BK.

And the legacy airlines still have managed to overcome the cost advantage that the low cost carriers enjoyed as a result of paying their employees far less as a result of deregulation - which began in 1978.

If you take pride in the fact that your employees were much lower paid for years and were able to endure the dramatic drops in revenue as a result of 9/11 because of low labor costs, then by all means rub in the fact that you didn't have to declare BK.

In the meantime, WN's cost advantage is quickly disappearing which is why anyone who looks at the industry with any kind of objectivity recognizes that WN is no longer a low fare carrier or has a cost advantage.

Unless AA and DL are low fare carriers relative to UA

BTW, take a look at DOT press releases on the industry and you will see they no longer break out the industry into low fare carriers and legacy carriers because they recognize there is little difference.

WorldTraveler said:
anyone who looks at the industry with any kind of objectivity........
Really?

You must be joking now.

You have been arguing that Delta didn't dump debt in bankruptcy.

WorldTraveler said:
it was under the DEREGULATED ERA that WN's hot pant clothed FAs began to fly INTERSTATE routes and put pressure on the existing legacy carriers.

Somebody should correct me, but following deregulation wasn't it primarily the west coast and the states neighboring TX where DL expanded?  I don't know how large DL was on the west coast at that time to feel the pain from WN.  Obviously, if the DL hub at DFW remained for an additional 20-plus years after deregulation, WN didn't put too much pressure on DL.

Would it not be post-deregulation upstarts like PeplExpress and then Texas Air / CO that put the pressure to legacy carriers post-deregulation?

you mean when DL had DFW as a hub and SWA was at LF  where DL flew west   I do not know when they built the DFW hub but I sure do remember that

• Banned
vintage_flight_attendants_psa_airlines.jpg

lau_2_0-fig12_008.jpg

WorldTraveler said:
if you want to use the word "dump" go ahead.

It is neither accurate nor can you find it in any description of the BK process.
...And yet somehow everyone here understands what all that entails anyway. Go figure.

English is funny that way, I guess...

You dump trash or day old coffee...
You take out trash, and you pour out old coffee... Just sayin'...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back