Delta CEO says culture to survive

dapoes

Veteran
May 17, 2008
From Atlanta Business Chronicle
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories...27/daily51.html

Excerpt:

The culture of Delta Air Lines Inc. will survive the carrier’s merger with Northwest Airlines Corp., Delta CEO Richard Anderson told a throng of Atlanta business executives Wednesday.

Anderson, the speaker at a Commerce Club luncheon, said that as the surviving entity in the multi-billion dollar mega-merger, Atlanta-based Delta (NYSE: DAL) would hold true to its reputation as a company committed to its employees.

:up:

You forgot this part:

Privately, many former Delta executives and employees have said they expect the company’s culture to change and have already seen changes since Anderson took over the airline last year.

Now, how many months do you have for the list of "promises" Anderson made to NW employees during his 14 years?

You know the old saying "Suckers are born every minute".

You forgot this part:

Privately, many former Delta executives and employees have said they expect the company’s culture to change and have already seen changes since Anderson took over the airline last year.

Now, how many months do you have for the list of "promises" Anderson made to NW employees during his 14 years?

You know the old saying "Suckers are born every minute".

I find it rather odd that you usually spit on whatever comes down from management, but in this case, you find exception. Rather telling of your nature I can only presume. :down:

I find it rather odd that you usually spit on whatever comes down from management, but in this case, you find exception. Rather telling of your nature I can only presume. :down:

Why don't you ask the Delta employees losing their jobs that? You can presume whatever you like.

You can also leave your head in the sand till it's your turn.

(I don't "spit" on anything buddy. I do however, learn from experience. Only a mentally deficient person ignores past CAREER behavior just because it's under a new name...they usually "get it" afterwards while standing in the unemployment line.

Why don't you ask the Delta employees losing their jobs that? You can presume whatever you like.

You can also leave your head in the sand till it's your turn.

(I don't "spit" on anything buddy. I do however, learn from experience. Only a mentally deficient person ignores past CAREER behavior just because it's under a new name...they usually "get it" afterwards while standing in the unemployment line.

Relax NxNW, theres so many things that are said "Privately" so who really knows whats what.

Just like the "Privately" ongoing groundswell of AFA opposition in the NWA FA ranks. :up:

Relax NxNW, theres so many things that are said "Privately" so who really knows whats what.

Just like the "Privately" ongoing groundswell of AFA opposition in the NWA FA ranks. :up:

That must be like the "Privately" discussed New Delta hiring of crews in Latin America and Eastern Europe.

P.S...I stay relaxed, and in reality...Opie, now run along and chase the Sunshine.

That must be like the "Privately" discussed New Delta hiring of crews in Latin America and Eastern Europe.

P.S...I stay relaxed, and in reality...Opie, now run along and chase the Sunshine.

You are quite the conspiracy theorist, its gonna be ok. Maybe some tinfoil hats may help? :lol:

its gonna be ok.

..Don't put the cart before the horse...

etc...

etc...

etc...

You might think it's easier to attack NxNW than listen to what they have to say, but the fact is they speak the truth.

Furthermore, you guys are getting ~30k new inlaws. To think that the culture won't change is delusional on Anderson's part.

I've asked before, but no one ever answers: Don't you DL'ers find it odd that a guy with so little time at the Widget talks about "our" culture?

..Don't put the cart before the horse...

etc...

etc...

etc...

You might think it's easier to attack NxNW than listen to what they have to say, but the fact is they speak the truth.

Furthermore, you guys are getting ~30k new inlaws. To think that the culture won't change is delusional on Anderson's part.

I've asked before, but no one ever answers: Don't you DL'ers find it odd that a guy with so little time at the Widget talks about "our" culture?

Hey Kev,
I posted about this very thing on another thread. I said anyone who is a veteran of NW is pretty beaten and bruised. I guess it is hard for the widgets to understand that..But we know better. I said you just inherited top NW management with Anderson at the controls and they say the culture won't change? AAHH the kool aid must have some flavor cuz too many people are drinking it. They don't have to believe us but don't say we didn't warn you... :shock:

Hey Kev,
I posted about this very thing on another thread. I said anyone who is a veteran of NW is pretty beaten and bruised. I guess it is hard for the widgets to understand that..But we know better. I said you just inherited top NW management with Anderson at the controls and they say the culture won't change? AAHH the kool aid must have some flavor cuz too many people are drinking it. They don't have to believe us but don't say we didn't warn you... :shock:

We haven't all drunk the Kool-Aid. Please don't write us all off as being sheeple. True, you will find more of that in ATL but there are plenty of smart, independent-minded, yet still loyal Delta employees all around our system.
And to Kev: Yes, some of us who have been at Delta for many years do think it's strange that top mgt from outside the company swoop in and start talking about "our" culture, but Leo Mullin did the same thing. They come in and co-opt the memory of the old Delta, then you know the rest of the story.....(To be fair to Anderson, he hasn't, since he's been here, perpetrated the crimes that Mullin, Burns and Reid did.)

We haven't all drunk the Kool-Aid. Please don't write us all off as being sheeple. True, you will find more of that in ATL but there are plenty of smart, independent-minded, yet still loyal Delta employees all around our system.
And to Kev: Yes, some of us who have been at Delta for many years do think it's strange that top mgt from outside the company swoop in and start talking about "our" culture, but Leo Mullin did the same thing. They come in and co-opt the memory of the old Delta, then you know the rest of the story.....(To be fair to Anderson, he hasn't, since he's been here, perpetrated the crimes that Mullin, Burns and Reid did.)
Give him time!

Latest posts