Delta CEO got a 14 percent pay raise last year, to $14.4 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2014/04/30/delta-ceo-anderson-s-total-comp-rises-to-14-4.html?ana=twt

According to a proxy filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission on Wednesday, Delta (NYSE: DAL) rewarded Anderson with about $14.4 million in total comp last year, including a $725,000 salary (up 11 percent), $8.9 million in stock awards (up 27 percent), $2 million in stock options (flat) and $2.4 million in non-equity incentive plan compensation (down 11 percent).

Anderson’s perks included $20,500 for financial planning services, home security services, the cost of an annual physical examination and flight benefits; and $28,190 reimbursement for taxes.

Very pathetically sad. Now does he really have to have perks for physical exam costs when all the other employees who pay copay but cant get that perk

And everyone wonders why the legacies all went thru BK?  The payments he is recieving are less than past CEO's, but yet 2-3 times over SWA and other LCC's.  Every level and every step below CEO is also paid at the same difference between legacies and LCC's. I believe, and I could be a little off here, but, our CEO was paid something in the range of 3.5 mill...  With some other perks and bonuses, but I can tell you they will never add up to 14.4 mil.  And BTW, who's airline exect just got moved to Dallas, by the company, and moved into a multi million dollar resident in the vary same hood as X-Pres Busch?  His entire move, new house, selling of other house, as well as all the cost covered, as well as traveling cost all covered by the new AA.  And how many other employees did they cover all cost for to move to Dallas and or FW for the NEW AA to run and operate?   No tellin, but they did not pay for one iota of lower ranked employees to be relocated, matter fact they said move or take a severance.  Sorry all just venting over how upper management is treated for moves as the rest of the employees are treated for the same move...

The title is misleading. As your linked article stated his total compensation increased to $14.4 million not his base pay.

Josh

oh absolutely spare it, you hypocrite, swamt.

it is ok for you to brag about all of the profit sharing that you have received but then you absolutely flip a lid when the executive of a company that has handedly beat your own in financial performance gets a 14% pay raise.

DL is a whole lot larger global company that your little regional airline.

you arbitrarily decide that $5 million is ok but a 14% pay raise for a $14M package is not (since you seem to think that 2-3 times what WN pays its ceo is acceptable)

fix the problem with your own company, including their business plan which relies on standing in line for preferential treatment from the government but being beat by the competition, and then come back and tell us how to run other companies.

way to go Richard for leading the all-star team to yet one more resounding victory.

be sure and enjoy your annual physical exam, also. Some people don't realize that not only does DL pay for the physical exams for ALL DL pilots but it and nearly every other company also provides free preventative care to its insurance holders because it makes good sense to keep them healthy.

All DL employees get pass benefits unless they are stripped from them.

Financial planning services are also provided to many employees of companies as part of their retirement packages.

most significantly, the only active Delta employee who has weighed in approves.

onward and upward to a $4 billion profit this year.

• Banned
737823 said:
The title is misleading. As your linked article stated his total compensation increased to $14.4 million not his base pay.

Josh
Then go send a letter to the editor of the ABJ, it is the title of the article. I didnt write it nor title it.

You really have issues.

And go stalk someone else.

You need help.

700UW said:
Then go send a letter to the editor of the ABJ, it is the title of the article.

And go stalk someone else.

You need help.
Their headline was accurate, your thread title is misleading.

Josh

• Banned
get off your calling other people obsessed and realize you are the one with a problem running around trying to prove other people wrong.

He is participating in a discussion you started.

if you don't want other people to participate, then stay off of public chat boards.

funny how you selectively lopped off the sentence.... I'll include the whole thing

Delta Air Lines Inc. gave CEO Richard Anderson a 14 percent boost in total compensation in 2014, the same year the airline posted a $10.5 billion profit

In 2014, Delta’s annual profit soared after an $8 billion non-cash gain associated with the reversal of the company’s tax valuation allowance.

you missed this paragraph

Barron’s recently named Anderson one of the “World’s Best CEOs,” crediting him for leading Delta as it emerged from bankruptcy, “changing the perception airlines are bad investments and putting the airline on sound financial footing,” saying he “set the course for years of profitability.”

you also failed to note that DL stock was one of THE TOP performing publicly traded large company stocks in the US last year.

• Banned
WorldTraveler said:
get off your calling other people obsessed and realize you are the one with a problem running around trying to prove other people wrong.

He is participating in a discussion you started.

if you don't want other people to participate, then stay off of public chat boards.

funny how you selectively lopped off the sentence.... I'll include the whole thing

Delta Air Lines Inc. gave CEO Richard Anderson a 14 percent boost in total compensation in 2014, the same year the airline posted a $10.5 billion profit

In 2014, Delta’s annual profit soared after an $8 billion non-cash gain associated with the reversal of the company’s tax valuation allowance.

you missed this paragraph

Barron’s recently named Anderson one of the “World’s Best CEOs,” crediting him for leading Delta as it emerged from bankruptcy, “changing the perception airlines are bad investments and putting the airline on sound financial footing,” saying he “set the course for years of profitability.”

you also failed to note that DL stock was one of THE TOP performing publicly traded large company stocks in the US last year.

Call the AJC its their headline.

Dont like it, dont read it.

And I didnt miss any paragraphs, per the TOS you are not allowed to post a whole article.

Seems you are obsessed just like joshie.

By the way, its 2014 now, Delta hasnt earned $10.5 Billion in profits, in five months. And they didnt make $10.5 billion in 2013.

Are you making up facts now?

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Delta Air Lines’ $2.7 billion profit for 2013 was not just a record for the company, but also a record for all airlines, according to a key industry publication.

Give it up, if you served on two NCs as you constantly boast you should know the difference between pay and total compensation.

Josh

• Banned
Go to the link.

You are simply obsessed.

The AJC posted the article and titled it, not I.

Since you are so quick to play "I just copy and paste" why don't you actually read the article and see where the 2014 reference came from it.

It is THEIRS, not mine.

and as much as you want to pick at it, DL was THE MOST PROFITABLE AIRLINE EVER in 2013, handedly outperformed its peers, and DAL had one of the top large stock performances in the US.

Here us what I see when I click your link:

Apr 30, 2014, 4:51pm EDT
Delta CEO Andersons total comp rises to $14.4 million
Do you know the difference between the two terms and understand how it is misleading?

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back