Delta Continues Build Up Against Clt & Rdu

gso-crew

Advanced
Jul 23, 2004
Delta continues it's attack on USairways .... GSO PTI is building a new wing for Delta tripling there space in GSO. Most of the passengers using them drive from Charlotte or Raleigh. Delta now fly’s the following non-stops:

10 GSO-ATL
4 GSO-MCO
2 GSO-FLL
2 GSO-TPA
8 GSO-CVG
2 GSO-BOS
3 GSO-JFK
4 GSO-LGA
MORE TO COME IM SURE

Everywhere you look there's new construction in GSO, they are building a new 10,000 parallel runway for simultaneous landings. FEDEX is opening phase one of their new mega east coast freight hub, new business moving in monthly. Delta knows a good thing when they see it!

I would not worry about Greensburg, nor will there be a passing of Usairways, Delta's schedule is not that impressive also they need to get costs way down to go against us.

luvthe9 said:
I would not worry about Greensburg, nor will there be a passing of Usairways, Delta's schedule is not that impressive also they need to get costs way down to go against us.
[post="230054"][/post]​

USairways is cutting mainline service to 3 a day in Febuary .... Going back to 4 in March. No more mainline service to PHL, WN will be checking that out I bet.

luvthe9 said:
[post="230054"][/post]​

Denial is not a river in Egypt.

US Airways is the walking dead.

Greensboro is not that much of a hot spot, it did not work for Contiental or us when we did "operation high ground" if you remember however Delta is very concerned about our ops in FLL and DCA along with American, and I still think we will be here maybe not as Usair but merged or bought by someone. Happy Holidays!!!!!!

luvthe9 said:
Greensboro is not that much of a hot spot, it did not work for Contiental or us when we did "operation high ground" if you remember however Delta is very concerned about our ops in FLL and DCA along with American, and I still think we will be here maybe not as Usair but merged or bought by someone. Happy Holidays!!!!!!
[post="230126"][/post]​

SpinDoc replies:

GSO is NOT a hotspot??? Where have you been
lately? It is a known fact in the Triad that the
majority of the customer flying out of GSO are
residents of CLT and RDU. They come to GSO
because US has punitive fares from CLT to
many of the major business markets and they
are too smart to pay full fare. The majority of
them fly right through CLT to get where they're
going, but saving a buck to drive 83 miles from
CLT is important. Any because of this, DL, CO,